What's new

Question Do You Honestly Think Nightwing Is Underrated?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Paul I think you need to admit that NW is one of your personal bad matchups.
How is that relevant? It's actually not one of my worst for the record but your comment really doesn't contribute anything to this discussion...

Sonic Lionheart

Starfire - Canary - Supergirl
He is completely viable. He is decent at everything and can make a lot of his stuff safe. Compared to others he just has to work a little harder for the win. I think one of the keys to all of us Nightwings doing better is mastering both stances and knowing when and where to switch.

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
The two nightwing players who have had a week-long (Or maybe more? IDK?) feud on who's better have both been to majors and failed to place.

It either means A) the players aren't good enough, B) the character isn't viable, or C) a little of both.

Counterpoint for at least one of those:

Ganondorf in Brawl is just as unbalanced as Metaknight, but so so SO much worse...

Also MMH is a bad example considering he is absolutely a balanced character in terms of being able to do everything fairly well. He may even be THE most balanced in that regard since he is a zoner/rushdown/anti-zoner/trap character with 50/50s.
In fact the more "balanced" a character is in Injustice, the better they seem to do. The only real exceptions to this would be characters like Zod and Bane.

I can't comment on any of the others though.
I disagree about Ganon being just as imbalanced as MK. He just suffers from being heavy with really bad recovery and poor range/slow startup on most attacks, but he hits like a truck. With the correct reads he will ko you in the blink of an eye. He just suffers from higher risk/reward. But MK can't even be stage counterpicked. And the fact that you classify MMH as rushdown/anti zoner/ and zoner shows lack of balance. It's simple as paper rock scissors. One thing beats other but if paper beats rock and scissors, yea it's better but, the balance is ruined.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
I played NW in pools twice, MMH in pools 3 times, and NW for my 3 matches out of pools.
My mistake then. I thought I'd heard it said that was the only set you played NW.

In that case why is this never mentioned? Not wanting to play horrendous MUs should not be penalized.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
He is definitely really underrated. Imo he definitely requires alot of time to be really good with him but once you know him he is a threat period. @FOREVER EL1TE I agree with this post and also add that this character has hella frame traps that kill you in chip and or open your ass up and you are done and can really compete anywhere on the screen @Dja_Homies