What's new

Do you guys think Training mode also has been updated?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I feel extremely at ease after seeing the game and seeing a lot of things we wanted them to work on, it feels good to know that our opinion do have some weight.

But after being this spoiled like a kid who wanted cookies, i wonder if there is improvements in training mode.

If so, what do you think they added in training mode? That's if they added anything at all in training mode.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
I hope so , since, spending time in training mode, doing all the char lab job to discover and improve combos, it's part of the fun in MK games .....

Ceroder

Noob
IJ2 and MKX lacked in this aspect, they should really take notes from SFV's training mode, because SFV has the best training mode in the entire genre at the moment.

Elias6999

Mournful Master
What do you guys want to see added to the mode?

I think its fine tbh, maybe a hit/hurtbox viewer or something could be a good addition.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
MKX had a good Training mode.
Killer Instinct (and possibly Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2) still have the best Tutorial modes though. Would love to see character specific tutorials in MK11. First going through the basics, and then going through your character's movelist, and maybe even a few combos ala what Tekken does where there's 5 examples of combos at the bottom of the movelist. Alternatively do like Street Fighter V with those character-specific Trials.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I sure do hope so.

Hitbox shaders & or an outline would be amazing. We've been asking for something like this for ages.

Also I hope they also gave more options for frame data, recordings and maybe dummy recording of set moves, strings KB's, FB's ect.

I also hope they gave us the ability to use training mode during wait times like in stead of load screens just like Tekken 7.

More in game tutorials. Also the options to previously look at your last match with out exiting to the main menu, or have it linked also to practice mode would be fantastic.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
I sure do hope so.

Hitbox shaders & or an outline would be amazing. We've been asking for something like this for ages.

Also I hope they also gave more options for frame data, recordings and maybe dummy recording of set moves, strings KB's, FB's ect.

I also hope they gave us the ability to use training mode during wait times like in stead of load screens just like Tekken 7.

More in game tutorials. Also the options to previously look at your last match with out exiting to the main menu, or have it linked also to practice mode would be fantastic.
I love the ideas, good points also certainly needed before..

I think every training mode should give an example of what the hell you should be trying to do with the character.

Like a simple recorded scenario for each character showing you how you'd zone someone, or how you'd apply pressure, or how you'd set up a tick throw mixup, or whatever.

Doesn't need to be super complicated, but for a lot of players just making the jump from "doing moves" to "having a strategy" is still pretty massive without some sort of outside help. Games should do a better job of showing off how the rest of us are already looking at it so beginners can start learning why these things are popular outside of "do all the cool looking stuff and land big combos"

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I think every training mode should give an example of what the hell you should be trying to do with the character.

Like a simple recorded scenario for each character showing you how you'd zone someone, or how you'd apply pressure, or how you'd set up a tick throw mixup, or whatever.

Doesn't need to be super complicated, but for a lot of players just making the jump from "doing moves" to "having a strategy" is still pretty massive without some sort of outside help. Games should do a better job of showing off how the rest of us are already looking at it so beginners can start learning why these things are popular outside of "do all the cool looking stuff and land big combos"
The very first time I seen anything remotely like this was in street fighter Ex plus Alpha. The training and challenges we're and are still amazing. Not only it's what you described but it also rewarded you for completing the modes with characters. It's what most fighters based it off of from then till now like in sfv.

You just don't see that sort of thing anymore and the game is close to 20 or more plus years old.

Look to the past to surpass the future is what I say and yet most practice modes and games copy n paste themselves without this sort of innovative practice.

I sincerely hope NRS makes amazing training mode.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
I love the idea of icons popping up showing the frame data of particular strings/moves/specials that you execute in real time while in training mode. So not just having to search for a particular string or move in the menu to find out its frame data, but having a little icon pop up in real time as you execute it that says "-6", "+2" etc.

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
I just want the ability to reset without needing that stupid giant button in the middle of the PS4 pad since I use a fightpad. Fucking hate that shit.
You can. In settings for MKX, there was an option to have to long press Start to bring up the menu. If you turn that on, double tapping Start resets the training mode. Used it for my hitbox.