What's new

Question Do you guys think Lobo needs a Combination Buff???

I only say this because he is sometimes predictably.

You either know he will do B12 or B2U1 or 21. And the rest of his best combinations are highs. Would you agree with me.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
I don't main Lobo, but The Main Man has some serious mixups. And I guess, you could say the same about everyone - Flash is either gonna B2, F2 or D1; Martian is either gonna B1 or B2 etc...

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
Lobo has some Serious mixups and is fine tbh. I don't think he needs any buffs (fixing some glitches would be nice though). I might just be an upplayer but I think lobo is mad good, a top 10 candidate.

Lobo has some Serious mixups and is fine tbh. I don't think he needs any buffs (fixing some glitches would be nice though). I might just be an upplayer but I think lobo is mad good, a top 10 candidate.
Yea for me sometimes the last part of his B12 whiffs sometimes, and I think he needs less start up frames on his B2

Lobo's strings being predictable isn't an issue because he has a lot of options from them. The fact that his D1 on block can lead to a three-way mix-up, as well as a good handful of normals/strings, is really good. His mix-ups don't come from using his strings alone, they come from using his other strings like 21. One of his strongest mix-ups is based around the 21 string; You have the option to tick throw from 2/cancel into hook charge (MB to stay safe)/Low Shot, or do the same with 21, making the opponent guess something like "mid-overhead-tick throw" or "mid-low". From B2u1, you have to block "overhead-low", so canceling from that makes it even trickier for the opponent. It could be "overhead-low-low", "overhead-low-overhead" or "overhead-low-tick throw".

Buffing his strings so he has immediate 50/50's that lead to HUGE DAMAGE would be wayyyyy too much.

Lobo's strings being predictable isn't an issue because he has a lot of options from them. The fact that his D1 on block can lead to a three-way mix-up, as well as a good handful of normals/strings, is really good. His mix-ups don't come from using his strings alone, they come from using his other strings like 21. One of his strongest mix-ups is based around the 21 string; You have the option to tick throw from 2/cancel into hook charge (MB to stay safe)/Low Shot, or do the same with 21, making the opponent guess something like "mid-overhead-tick throw" or "mid-low". From B2u1, you have to block "overhead-low", so canceling from that makes it even trickier for the opponent. It could be "overhead-low-low", "overhead-low-overhead" or "overhead-low-tick throw".

Buffing his strings so he has immediate 50/50's that lead to HUGE DAMAGE would be wayyyyy too much.
True, I just don't like his start up Frames on his B2 it takes a long time to come out, you could D1 him out of it

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
Just because a character has some sort of flaw doesnt mean he needs a buff. What he needs are players to show what he can do at the highest level. Oxygen and Maxter have a really great plan with the character and hope to see what else they can do.

Reactions: TKB