What's new

Do you guys play Swamp Thing with Input Shorcuts on or off?

XxXAntiJoshXxX

Herpetologist - The Study of The Reptillian
Going forward I'm to decide if it's better to play with input shortcuts on or off while Swamp Thing. When I have them off I have less imput errors, but I find that I can't go from Crouching into any of this specials without re-standing first. Does anyone else have this problem and what settings do you guys usually play on?

The main reason I ask is because when I have input shortcuts off I can't duck a projectile and then instantly throw out a log or Vine whip without wasting frames on a restand.

Current settings are:
Release Check: off
Alternative Control: off (optional)
INPUT SHORTCUTS: off
Button Shortcuts: on (optional)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
I play with everything off. I used to use input shortcuts before the patch, but I've adjusted to having them all disabled.

Gotta play with input shortcuts and release check off. Can't go from crouching to f2 without getting a midscreen green thumb and punished for it. And release check off to have more control of my cancels.

Honestly playing with shortcuts off has made my inputs tighter as I've gotten used to it. Go to practice mode and keep doing d1 and d2 cancels. It's saved my leafy butt more than a few times.

XxXAntiJoshXxX

I can considtantly do d1 and d2 cancels. The only problem i am having with is going from crouching directly into vinewhip or log (ducking projectile and then instantly trying to punish, 3/4 screen)

I can considtantly do d1 and d2 cancels. The only problem i am having with is going from crouching directly into vinewhip or log (ducking projectile and then instantly trying to punish, 3/4 screen)

In theory then it should be the same input but you just don't do the 1 initially. From ducking you will have to duck again with your df1. Not saying it's easy but you may just have to choose an option that either suits your playstyle or the matchup more.

XxXAntiJoshXxX

Ok i will look into that and see if there is a way around it. Just wanted to see what other ST players were using for settings.

XxXAntiJoshXxX

I play with everything off except alternate controls. When I go to f2 from crouch, I want f2, not GT. This alleviates that headache.
Yeah that was the original reason i turned them off lol

For real I forgot about alt controls. It's way easier to do them on stick. I play on pad so using alt control hurts my hand. See if there's a combo with those that works for ya.