What's new

Do you consider out gearing your opponent fair?

Admiral_Agony

Weapon Design Engineer LMMFC
Before anyone States the obvious, I'm aware ranked disables gear by default.

Now, for those who wish to find people in player match to play longish sets, do you think it's fair if an opponent intentionally goes to pick a character with significantly better gear than yours?

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
It's funny you make this thread since earlier some dude picked Cyborg on me, refused to turn competitive on, went on mic and started talking shit until he got his ass bopped by our boy in blue Clark Kent.

At which point he called me cheap when his Cyborg had a teleport and damage reduction. I would've left as soon as he refused but I had to put him in his place first

I think it'd be fine if it was just the abilities, but the gear changes stats too and I'm not tryna be doing half damage.

Admiral_Agony

Well I hope I'm understanding your question. But isn't that like asking " do you think it's fair if two boxers fight and one can use face protection and brass nuckles?" And yea I wouldn't call it fair.
Yes, that's exactly what I mean. Some dude went to pick his Wonder Woman on me earlier with his Stats in all four way higher than anything I had on my guys. I managed to beat him twice but my lord did it take a lot of strategic play and patience.

Admiral_Agony

It's funny you make this thread since earlier some dude picked Cyborg on me, refused to turn competitive on, went on mic and started talking shit until he got his ass bopped by our boy in blue Clark Kent.

At which point he called me cheap when his Cyborg had a teleport and damage reduction. I would've left as soon as he refused but I had to put him in his place first

I think it'd be fine if it was just the abilities, but the gear changes stats too and I'm not tryna be doing half damage.
Agreed on abilities, I wish this was an option.

Admiral_Agony

That match was probably awful considering how strong cyborgs zoning is in combination with better stats and a teleport.

Thingy

Retired account
Gear is certainly unfair. Which is why I have a level 20 deadshot to scare ANYONE into slapping anyone to Competitive Mode. The amount of fear that man brings to ranked casuals is nuts.
Lol! This is what I do when people do not turn on competitive mode. I just go back to character select and pick Deadshot, most of them just quit when I pick Deadshot. And if they stick around, most peoplewho refuse to turn gear off are too big of scrubs to get past the zoning, then I do not rematch. Its the new way to deal with gear casuals for me.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
It's like saying playing World of Warcraft pvp is unfair because people have better gear than you.

It's not unfair, the same opportunity is there for everyone. They just put in more time and work in.

Is it unbalanced? Potentially and quite likely if you aren't maxed out and they are.

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
It's like saying playing World of Warcraft pvp is unfair because people have better gear than you.

It's not unfair, the same opportunity is there for everyone. They just put in more time and work in.

Is it unbalanced? Potentially and quite likely if you aren't maxed out and they are.
Player matches had its purpose with people trying to level up and get experience. Now... They can please both sides with comp and standard player match mode.

I think it is fair if you are choosing to play a gear match, that's what comes with it. I honestly am really interested in this mode as it is basically fighting game mmo arena. I think it is a fun aspect of the game.

I would even want a ranked gear mode if they fleshed it out more. But right now gear are used for multiverse.

Also a non stats option would be great to entertain gear move only.

My deadshot, black Adam and doctor fate all have over 3000 ability stats..
I zone u die

My darkseid and aquaman have over 2900 strength
I touch you you die

But I also put more hours In this than most people and deserve my reward for doing so like any other mmo

Quick complaining g and level up

My black Adam is OP as hell thou lol with the power of shazam ability that buffs all physical attacks on top of the 3k ability damage

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
In my experience people tend to turn it off but maybe thats because they are staring down lvl 20 characters

Last edited:
How would you do that? From my understanding, real money gets you source crystals. And the only thing you can buy with that is shaders, skins, and a boost to lvl 20
U hit level 20 on all ur characters the scrap from one bronze box alone is enough to pay for another box within itself

ArmageddonUMK

LongJohnCena
Definitely need separate modes for gear/nongear. I currently use a similar strategy to the lvl 20 deadshot to scare people off. Except I just use a super powered flash (my main). When people don't turn on competitive mode, I'm like "alright have fun losing 70% of one touch and giving me lightning charge and a projectile."

WATCHD0G

Noob
Yes, that's exactly what I mean. Some dude went to pick his Wonder Woman on me earlier with his Stats in all four way higher than anything I had on my guys. I managed to beat him twice but my lord did it take a lot of strategic play and patience.
the fact that you beat him makes me so happy for some reason lol

Wigy

There it is...

Nobody cares about how much time went into it. All that matters is skill.