What's new

Do the run mechanic and long range normals hurt MKX?

• Yes

Votes: 42 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 64 60.4%

• Total voters

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
I love the run button. The types that like to keep you full screen and keep you out with simple commands now get fucked. All I can say is, deal with it. And have fun playing in my world, "zoners".

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Lol if you cant see the solid spacing This set is based on then you completely missed the point and just made an ass of yourself
And? There are plenty of examples of sets between setplay-oriented characters that still demonstrate great spacing awareness in MKX.

Run mechanic is amazing however full screen normals though ..... Nah this should not be a prominent thing but it is and hurts characters that don't have good ranging normals. Must balance it in some form, more recovery, unsafe or something.

I hate you kotal.

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
Advancing normal that are safe to just throw out is my biggest gripe, as has been mentioned and detailed in this thread.

Stamina recovers so quickly that there's very little downside to running. If the run mechanic were to stay then I think stamina recovery either needs to be slower or slowed down when you're attacking/being aggressive. I would also like to see a purpose given to forward dash again (which could just occur from stamina recovery change) as aside from fringe cases, like D'Vorah dashing people into the corner being swarmed by bees to conserve stamina, it serves little to no purpose.

Run has been healthy for the game overall IMO. Anyone who feels otherwise I challenge you to go back and watch Kabal matches with Nomad Dash Cancels. At least cancel string pressure is kept in check with stamina now.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
What's wrong with all those people trying to make MK9 look better than MKX? And are you seriously thinking that MK9 has less SAFE 50/50 than MKX?