What's new

Do Street fighter Games usually have a Balanced Cast?

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
It's hard to compare a game like USF4 to MKX when you consider how they're played. A quick example would be that in MKX everyone knows the frame data for all characters whereas in USF4 many people outside of pros even pay attention to that sort of stuff. And then there's things like the back-to-block, no strings, style based characters like shotos or grapplers, links, crossups, HKDs, etc.

And the statement "Any character(outside of DeeJay and Dan) can win a tourney is pretty wack". Bison is definitely a strong character in USF4 but all the top players outside of retired Combofiend think he's a character "that doesn't win tournies", which is a weird thing to say considering how he may be top 10. IDK how to explain really well, but just play USF4 and hopefully you'll understand lol.

DavS13

Noob
@Killa CoRzz

Dude I can do the toughest execution combos in this game and IAFB consistently.

I'm Actually really good at this Mkx.
I Never said this game had balance issues.

And I'm not comparing this game to street fighter.

All I Basically asked was basically for a review.

I mOstly play Online my area South Carolina has like No TOurnaments and I can't afford to travel.

I wanted to know if the game usually has good Netcode and characters that are not to much better than each other.Thats it geez.
There are tournaments in South Carolina, my buddy lives there and he attends the locals over there.

Tweedy

Noob
If you believe the balance of MKX is actually BAD, you should probably stop playing video games. If the character balance on this game is BAD, no game has good character balance. There are very few characters on this game that appear to not be viable IMO.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
@Killa CoRzz

Dude I can do the toughest execution combos in this game and IAFB consistently.

I'm Actually really good at this Mkx.
I Never said this game had balance issues.

And I'm not comparing this game to street fighter.

All I Basically asked was basically for a review.

I mOstly play Online my area South Carolina has like No TOurnaments and I can't afford to travel.

I wanted to know if the game usually has good Netcode and characters that are not to much better than each other.Thats it geez.
high excecution DOES NOT equal skill, im not doubting your good, i imagine you are just fine at the game, but there is much more to the game than tough combos, that is mistake number one, but do try and make it to tournaments however you can, save up to go to them, do something, it is definitely worth it. and chaces are USF4 will be there and they will be more than happy to teach you the basics of the game and if you ask them then they will tell you all about the tier list and how balanced it is.

Spencer

Always Training
Dude It just game chill out...

Yes I play some good some bad people online. I would love to go to tourneys if one day my finances are better you'll probably see me their.

IF ANY of YOU would LIKE a to play me Im On PS4 and I would love to Play you anytime GT: FinaL_ClipZ

You might beat me you might not if you do Im happy and get to learn from you.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Dude It just game chill out...

Yes I play some good some bad people online. I would love to go to tourneys if one day my finances are better you'll probably see me their.

IF ANY of YOU would LIKE a to play me Im On PS4 and I would love to Play you anytime GT: FinaL_ClipZ

You might beat me you might not if you do Im happy and get to learn from you.
I wasnt trying to chew your ass out i was just trying to inform you, ive been busy lately but i will try and get online and play you next chance i get.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
Lol @Spencer that's what happens when you show a little confidence in yourself I guess. People assume it's arrogance and jump down your throat. Ive never really played any of the street fighters, but SFV has struck my interest. Seems fun. I'd need a TON of help though lol. Add "DanableLector" on PSN. I'm pretty terrible, but I'm always down to play, learn, and get better.

haketh

Noob
It's hard to compare a game like USF4 to MKX when you consider how they're played. A quick example would be that in MKX everyone knows the frame data for all characters whereas in USF4 many people outside of pros even pay attention to that sort of stuff. And then there's things like the back-to-block, no strings, style based characters like shotos or grapplers, links, crossups, HKDs, etc.

And the statement "Any character(outside of DeeJay and Dan) can win a tourney is pretty wack". Bison is definitely a strong character in USF4 but all the top players outside of retired Combofiend think he's a character "that doesn't win tournies", which is a weird thing to say considering how he may be top 10. IDK how to explain really well, but just play USF4 and hopefully you'll understand lol.
Who the hell still consideres Bison strong

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I'm the THawk player in the THawk-Blanka matchup. Now, how should I answer this question hmmmmmmmmmm

big j gleez

Mains: Not Sure Right Now ...
Idk why people believe there are real balance issues in this game. "Dropping MKX" due to balance issues? The top 3 characters are Lao, Tanya and Quan...only one has won a major recently. I don't want to be that guy but adapt. Learn the ins and outs of the game better before you start claiming that it is unbalanced and looking for other games to play because of "balance issues" and "lack of fundamentals". Do you even know what fighting game fundamentals are? Can you apply them? If you aren't good with MKX fundamentals you will be shit in a footsie heavy game like SF. The truth is the truth.
Truth.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
Better NetCode awesome

Hey can someone please tell me now the beta works.

Could I Put 5 dollars on Amazon to preorder street fighter 5 would that get me the code to play?

Or do I have pay full price?

Is the beta over?
You can only play if you have pre-ordered the game through Amazon, GameStop or PSN. Once you do that. You will get a code that you can use to download the beta. The only time you can play the beta is when Capcom opens the servers up. It sucks and is not worth it. If I had known that you could not even play the offline mode until Capcom lets you, I would not have pre-ordered it. By the way, the game's music is awful. Thank goodness for volume control.