What's new

Do not jump against Good Kabals...

I know in the character guide it says to avoid jumping, but damn. I was playing RedPsychosis and that dude watches for the jump. You really do have to change your game plan against Kabal. Well maybe not so much change it , just include lots of kara jabs and NO jumping. Just thought I would share that tidbit, which you probably already knew, so its a reminder then

Good game RedPsychosis!! 8)

thisisjust said:
I know in the character guide it says to avoid jumping, but damn. I was playing RedPsychosis and that dude watches for the jump. You really do have to change your game plan against Kabal. Well maybe not so much change it , just include lots of kara jabs and NO jumping. Just thought I would share that tidbit, which you probably already knew, so its a reminder then

Yes that spin is gay! Thats why people who play Kabal as there main I do not like playing. Because if you practice enough with Kabal you'll be very hard to beat.

Kabal is just a weird character anyways, a guy with a mask who can dash spin you, shoot fireballs from his eyeball... hmmm and use the force to call his magical sawblade that he had stashed outside the screen. I'd like to not give a big pat on the back to whoever created this character.

its pretty fun to play as kabal cause all the scrubs jump toward u then theres an easy 42% right there. Try doing the ground blade against the cpu its a real challenge

muddawudda 1 said:
its pretty fun to play as kabal cause all the scrubs jump toward u then theres an easy 42% right there. Try doing the ground blade against the cpu its a real challenge
Or against human xD i mean the blades xD it´s a pain ass.

The only thing that everybody know about beating kabal is not to jump forward or backward of him, cause with just two mistakes you will recieve just 84% damage good enough to be sad in that round xD, same against smoke just two combos and adios^_^

rzp said:
muddawudda 1 said:
Or against human xD i mean the blades xD it´s a pain ass.

The only thing that everybody know about beating kabal is not to jump forward or backward of him, cause with just two mistakes you will recieve just 84% damage good enough to be sad in that round xD, same against smoke just two combos and adios^_^
Yes Human Smoke is a beast. His easily achieved 56% (49%+AirThrow) makes him fun to use. Plus all of his punishers :D

muddawudda 1 said:
Dude you are from Tacoma? I am from Federal Way, when are we going to get together and KOMBAT!

don´t forget to count the coner combos ^_^ and in some cases the spear can hit if you just miss a 0000,0001 sec of the round LOL! (meants= mistake)

rzp said:
don´t forget to count the coner combos ^_^ and in some cases the spear can hit if you just miss a 0000,0001 sec of the round LOL! (meants= mistake)
I hate when my spear misses :evil: Its been happening on XBL alot lately do to delay. But yes his corner combos are as well beastly :twisted:

I find him hard to use online with the slightest amount of delay. Alot of people tend to jump over and I can do the crossover spin quite well (offline), but any delay then I'll just get jk'd or jp'd combo starter as the spin won't come out. :evil: :x

I have a good plan with my Shang Tsung against Kabals.

Except for Psychosis' Kabal...

I try to avoid jumping(which is easier said than done) and throw out random single fireballs to seal the dash.

For Psychosis, I morph into uSub just to piss him off :p

ÐarkMoon said:
muddawudda 1 said:
Dude you are from Tacoma? I am from Federal Way, when are we going to get together and KOMBAT!
yeah im from tacoma send me a friend request if you have xbox live

muddawudda 1 said:
You guys remember in MK3 when the groundsaw was actually a little useful. If I remember correctly, it wouldn't disappear if you got hit, plus you could work it into combos. They've basically made it completely useless in UMK3.

yea the saw was great in mk3 i believe i could use it for a 9hit 63% with the saw cuz you can jk spin, saw then pop them up and hit em in the corner with the jk afb x3 if you can time it right....

Hehe.. I've been getting VERY good against crossups with my main characters, I can pretty much uppercut under any lag circumstances now, and that always used to be a real challenge for me. and, I've been paying attention to crossups more as Kabal, so I can go from run jabbing to anti-cross up spins and the 42% combo. Eh, I haven't been playing much with Kabal lately though, Cyrax is gonna be my guy for a while.

Kazlaz

Noob
thisisjust said:

did he just say kara grabs lmfao

i dont think you jump out an inch forward on mk

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I've been using JK, aaLP, JK, AFB lately with Kabal for a hot 50% on cross ups.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
the ground saw isn't completely useless in umk3...
if u manage to drop it very close to the ground and far enough, you can really make people think twice to keep on the ground, but the'll think third times to jump LOL
far air fireball+ground saw is a good thing to do. just don't jump backwards+air fireball vs kabal and teleporters jajaajajaj

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah, I must say jumping against Kabal's online is dangerous IMO. I'd rather just charge him, play defense counter his dash, play it safe.

The saw IMO for the most part is useless unless you are really far away but with the run button, most of the time unless your opponent really, really sucks I think they'll see it coming.

His TK body to body slam move in MKD and MKA is a lot more useful compared to his saw move in the 2D MK's lol.

I'll be honest, RedPsychosis' Kabal is the only one to have me completely baffled. I've played many Kabals, including lots of known names from around here, but his is.... different. Defensive when he needs to be, offensive when he needs to be, it's just hard man.

I've never felt so helpless. I have to give you props Red.

Me and Red used to have LEGENDARY Reptile VS Kabal Matches, but my Reptile skill has gone down, and his Kabal skill has gone up. I just get owned now, and Kitana VS Kabal is alot funner now.

Side note, I usually got Red's Kabal down with Kitana, but if we played enough and he got used to my Kitana, he would eventually consistetly beat me.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Vs Nightwolf PR air fireball just high enough to dash under it, if they are silly enough to use the PR...