What's new

Do It For The Corps, Orochi!

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
@Orochi would you mind explaining your thinking for the knockdown setups you go for? I don't see you doing many trait LM enders into ambiguous cross up f3 or ambiguous j3, and when you end with MB LM, it seems like you favor overhead/low/grab mixups (or just backing up to bait out wakeups) over ambiguous j3. I'm sure you have a good reason for it (maybe everyone you play blocks these consistently?), but was just curious because the ones I mentioned tend to work best for me. Ambiguous j3 goes over a lot of invincible wakeups too.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
@Orochi would you mind explaining your thinking for the knockdown setups you go for? I don't see you doing many trait LM enders into ambiguous cross up f3 or ambiguous j3, and when you end with MB LM, it seems like you favor overhead/low/grab mixups (or just backing up to bait out wakeups) over ambiguous j3. I'm sure you have a good reason for it (maybe everyone you play blocks these consistently?), but was just curious because the ones I mentioned tend to work best for me. Ambiguous j3 goes over a lot of invincible wakeups too.
he did the crossup f3 setup when he could, it just doesnt work in alot of matchups

also ggs orochi, just lost 2 dumb matchups you played well man

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Thanks for the support guys! Yeah I feel could've done a bit more (when you lose you always do) but I'll be honest, I was mindblown by astronaut I was not ready for batgirl this time around, I hadn't played batgirl since ToFTC 6 when I played him in GFs and I was impressed with his new setups and solid play props to him he just straight out played me. Jupiter was on fire so no shame in losing to him. There's so many factors that go into tournaments like hype, nerves, expectations, match-up knowledge that go into consideration and you have to play near perfect (like Jupiter did) to win a major. I'm still happy with top 8 and will def try to play injustice more (been focused on KI) and figure out how to deal with some MUs and become a better player.

Last edited:

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Characters with option select wake ups dont care about cross ups.
Ah ok. I think you can go for the ambiguous j3 off trait LM against a lot of those characters, and it'll beat the option select wake up (not everyone). At least in my admittedly limited testing it seems to work.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Yeah I'm saying that if you hit an f3, b1, 0r standing 2 you can combo into trait LM and do the ambiguous f3 cross up. What am I missing?
ohhh okay i was saying the f3 crossup/non crossup doesnt work against everyone, alot of charcters can wake up out of it