What's new

Question Do fighting games help you?

Does playing fighting games chill you out?

• They cheer me up and help when I'm feeling frustrated

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • They cheer me up but don't help if I'm frustrated

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • They don't cheer me up but they help me chill when I'm frustrated

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • They don't cheer me up and don't help with frustration either

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • If I play them when feeling down or angry I get worse

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • I'm not emotionally influenced by games

Votes: 10 24.4%

• Total voters

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
We all have periods in our lives when something happens that leads to anger, frustration, sadness.
It's natural that we seek refuge from our real life problems in our hobbies.
For some, competitive gaming is the answer. Others, just end up feeling worse when they inevitably lose.

Which one works for you?

Your name will not be displayed in your vote so it's up to you if you want to comment and elaborate or keep it anonymous.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
They're just videogames. They don't influence me at all. Usually, I don't play any games when I'm feeling down and frustrated. I just watch animes, or sleeping peacefully.

If the videogames influence you, then something is wrong to you.

NRS knows what they are doing.
Jade is fine.
The same fine as Erron, Geras, Sonya, Liu.
Youd rather fight Erron over Jacqui?
Anyways to answer your question. Games can definitely help lighten my mood, but if I am already frustrated it makes me wanna quit the game even upon winning.

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
I find training mode fun and relaxing for sure. But playing against other people is not relaxing but it is fun.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I just play for fun. If I was frustrated about some RL shit then FGs probably wouldn’t help lol.
We think alike. Not interested in money or whatever, like others. I play everywhere just for the fun. Otherwise how can I kill some of my life time?

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
It‘s the same with any hobby I have, if I have a shitty day I’ll probably perform bad in it as well, doesn‘t matter if it‘s sports, music or videogames which makes me even more frustrated so I just do things that are fun and easy on the mind

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
It totally depends on who I’m fighting. If I’m in a close match with someone who has a similar play style to me or is am even matchup i have loads of fun

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
They cheer me up but don't help when I'm frustrated. What helps me is playing with the KOTH gang since we all talk. I feel like when you're not talking then you may get too serious about it and get salty.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
For me they help me forget about work life.
I am the service manager of a honda dealership and it is a very stressful job. When I play I forget about the job and am just focused on the game

Sorakell

Noob
Fighting games help me as a distraction. I have to think a lot and be concentrated in my job and sometimes the job is still in my mind when i'm at home, so i really enjoy freeing my mind playing videogames. I also need to pay attention to the game but you'll surely understand its not the same.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
they're a bit useful as stress relief time, but don't have the power to replace beer when you really want to "kill time" and forgetting for some hours about the boredom that real life can bring sometimes, hehe :p :joker:

It‘s the same with any hobby I have, if I have a shitty day I’ll probably perform bad in it as well, doesn‘t matter if it‘s sports, music or videogames which makes me even more frustrated so I just do things that are fun and easy on the mind
What he said! Only thing i do differently in my case, is sometimes taking it as a challenge to still go play that game you know will only frustrate you further on those days where you already feel more agitated as usual ( for whatever reason ) and not allowing your frustration to turn into anger/rage. Kind of my own anger management treatment haha

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Playing MK is an isolative form of entertainment for me as I'm usually not playing with people I'm casually chatting with, friends, or anything like that. So, it's basically me vs randoms, micless, in an online competitive environment. That definitely opens up the opportunity for frustration if I'm already stressed, tired, etc.

Last edited:

ZeroSymbolic

Social Justice Barbarian
I didn't feel like there was an option that explains how I feel.

I love fighting games, and I think they have been good for me as a person. It's all about attitude though.

For me fighting games taught me sportsmanship, perseverance, humility, and an appreciation for honing a craft. They made me a more resilient person. They can do a lot of positive things for you if you have the right mindset.