• Kai

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Meat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blaze

• Drahmin

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Hsu Hao (PS there is nomore poll available slots:()

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Afumba

Noob
Skarlet, Sareena, Havik and Cyrax for me.
Noob, Shang and Smoke were close calls with Cyrax and Havik. Picked those 2 cuz Havik deserves a new shot and We dont have a Robot atm.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
SHANG TSUNG
as universal, I'd like shang to be as close as MK9 as possible, he worked just fine. I'd just make his soul steal and straight projectile unsafe, but with the chance to MB the projectile Sinestro style to shoot 2 more of them, making it scary to punish when Shang has meter and safe if Shang spends the bar. I'd also remove the damage boost while morphed and the special throw. Also the ground skulls shouldn't be + on block.

CONSUMER OF SOULS, Soul Steal and Life Regeneration based
In this variation he gets an enchanced version of the Soul Steal, dealing more damage, gaining a bit of health on hit (around 6%) and more time morphed in the enemy character. the EX Soul Steal in this variation also stuns the opponent allowing Shang to continue his combo as the enemy character (can't use this twice in the same combo tho). he also gains a special throw that does standard damage and restores a little bit of life (I'd say 3-4%) and a move the allowes Shang to morph back into himself, the EX version will have almost instant recovery, allowing him to continue his combo and maybe steal the soul once again (with more life gain and some heavy swag too). To top it off, let's change the xray too with one that has higher damage scaling but also a good chunk of life gain and has Shang morphed into the enemy character afterwards.

SHAPESHIFTER from OP, Versatile
I like the idea from the OP, but I'd remove the soul steal entirely disabling the multiple level thing. I'd like to take moves from MK1 characters, some examples might be: armor breaking strings from liu kang, raiden's tele, sub's slide, scorpion's spear, kano's dashes and maybe cage's f3 to remove his 50/50 that I don't think he needs anymore in a variation with these many tools.

ANCIENT SORCERY, Zoning and Fire Attacks based
In this variation Shang gets an enchanced version of the straight projectile; the new projectile is going to hit mid and hit twice, helping his zoning against attacks similar to Raiden's superman or Liu Kang's flying kick and the EX version could stun allowing Shang to continue his combo (also not possible to use twice in a combo); this new projectile can also be slowed or quickened. Shang, in this variation, also gains a Freddy like teleport that can be enchanced to have faster recovery and invincibility frames on start-up and an anti-air move similar to Erron's sand granade that he can follow up with a far ground skull.

I'd love this so bad!

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Didn't noticed the change in the title, so this is what i had in mind for skarlet in MKX

Skarlet

General thoughs: I really liked the Skarlet's playstyle in MK9, so i believe if she is to be in future MK games, an upgrade to that 50-50 mixup pressure needs to be updated, more so, her other two variations should be something that expands on her current powers we've know she is capable off, so this is just my vision.
Universal moves
Dagger Toss: Instead of firing 2 daggers like in MK9, in MKX skarlet would just fire 1 dagger, she is chargable and can be run canceled before it comes out.
Enhanced Dagger Toss: In this variation Skarlet can fire two daggers by using a meter as she executes the dagger, she can also hold the second dagger and run cancel it

Air straight and down dagger: Just the same as in MK9, able to fire daggers in straight line airborne, or tot he ground.
enhanced straight dagger and Down dagger: Able to fire 3 daggers angled either from the straight dagger or down dagger execution directions

Cheeta Sprint: This is the new red dash animation, instead of the old MK9 one, she would bend her body towards and run like a real ninja, however this special move has a purpose, it low profiles her to go through high attacks.
The cheetah sprint has followup moves such as:
- Slide: Press 4
- downslash Press, B+2
-upslash: Press: F+2
- Dual up slash: MB+F+2
- Dual Down Slash: MB+B+2
Krimson Dash: A red dash that travels much further than the regular one, doesn't low profile as cheeta sprint, but has 2 hits of armor, with the same followups as cheetah sprint.

Up Slash: The classic Up slash that hits mid but is much slower when not performed from Cheeta sprint/krimson dash
Dual Up Slash: two safe mid ex launchers, no armor
Down Slash: The classic down slash that hits overhead, but is much slower when not performed from cheetah sprint /krimson dash
Dual Down Slash: Two very unsafe very fast overhead launchers

Blood Drop: Skarlet teleport, but different from MK9 where she would just fall with a hit, the teleport by itself only puts her droping in a angled jump where she is allowed to use multiple commands such as:
Jump attacks: by pressing any attacks
NJP: By holding D and pressing 2 or 1
Blade drop: The MK9 tele animation by pressing throw.
Any air special move
Note: Blood drop an only be done once air bone, so it cannot be canceled into blood drop once done.
Blood-port: A much faster teleport with the same proprieties.

Variations

Kunoichi
Abilities: Adds: Draw Stance, Low Slash, to Skarlet's move set

Explanation: The idea is to give MK9 skarlet players an updated MK9 playstile, so these moves in specific would make Skarlet play more like a run-and-stop type of character which would give her a controled rushdown pace control of a game

Draw Stance: A specific stance where skarlet enters in a position to draw her kodachi swords, in this stance, she can up slash, downslash, low slash, run cancel, simply going back to neutral or red dash cancel it.

Low slash: In this particular variation Skarlet has a long range low swipe move that can be accessed trough draw stance, Chetaah Sprint, Krimson Dash, or by DD2 as input, ex version launches on the second slash and is called Dual Slice.

Hemomancer
Abilities: Adds, Blood pillars and blood flow, and Blood Ball
Explanation: This variation represent Skarlet augumented power with the blood Magic displayed in the MKX commics

Blood Pillars: In this variation, Skarlet doesn't red dash, the command is exchanged with pillars of blood that can be summoned either, close mid or far range
Blood Flow: A parry attack that will turn her body completely into blood and let Skarlet appear in the opposite side for a punish after a small stun from the opponent, in this variation Skarlet doesn't fire daggers
Blood Ball: The classic Blood Ball returns in this variation, slow but very damaging, ex version switches buttons inputs.

Tracker
Abilities: Adds, Blood Trail, Blood Puddle, and Mantra magik

Mantra Magik: are enhancement powerups with different commands, there are 2 of them and each one differs specifically
Blood Mantra: This ninpo auguments Skarlet aura with a mantra on her outfit, any damage dealed by skarlet accumulates into blood pints she will absorb refilling her health.
Curse Mantra: Skarlet, auguments her sword moves soaked in purple aura, which will consequentely deal extra damage to any sword based attack she deals.

Blood trail: In this particular variation Skarlet doesn't fire daggers, the command animation is swap with small blood balls that will stay static on the screen damaging and stunning anyone who goes near it, can be placed far, mid or up close.

Blood Puddle: Echanged with teleport, allows Skarlet to leave blood puddles in the stage and emerge from them by stabbing herself inputting the same command once a puddle is out, she can only place one puddle at the time.

Notable strings animations
MK9 F43 and 114, and F212,1+2 only, the rest can all be MKX, as far as i know, these are the 3 main strings of Skarlet.