What's new

DLC Kombat Pack 1 Question: What will the outfits & 3 Gear/Kosmetic spots be on Shang, Nightwolf, Sindel, Spawn and the 2 guests?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Was wondering what everyone thinks their 3 gear pieces for Kombat Pack 1 be you think? Or at least the ones we definitely have konfirmed so far. Most are confident the last 2 are Ash and Terminator so we'll run with that assumption.

Here's my predictions:

Shang Tsung's:
1. Hair or Jacket or Glove: His hair, if you notice historically and plus with the movie vibe. He's had his hair down, tied up in a bun(in the gameplay trailer), perhaps a ponytail like UMK3 and MK vs DC? The little hat thing from MK 2? Of course oldman Shang with it down. I just think it's logical for that being one of his gear pieces. They could just change this with costumes but I think this would be cool. If not his hair and they decide to keep that just part of his outfits, then perhaps his sorcerer vest or Jacket? Also a possibility that his hand claw glove thing could be an option.

2. Souls: Thinking for sure he'll have a soul gem on his belt or some where repping his souls that use uses. Would make sense.

3. Fireball/Skulls: Honestly have no idea what the third one could be, but going with fireball/skulls. He's known for that deep, burnt orange skull but also just a general fireball that looks like a fireball. Maybe they'll give him different looking ones, colors?

Outfits: MK1 oldman, MK2, MK 3, Deadly Alliance, MK DC/MK9 look.

_

Nightwolf's:
1. Headpiece: similar to Kotal Kahn I think NW will have different head gear for sure. Instead of helmets like Kotal, it'll be standard look with the headband, Wolf head, Bear head, mohawk etc, etc

Axe: I think this one is pretty obvious, like Sub-Zero he'll have different axes

3. Bow & Arrow: Thinking this because if you remember in UMK3 he had a Red Bow & Arrow.

Outfits: MK 3, Deception, MK 9, Shirtless paint, Something new
__

Sindel:
1. Hair: Since she actually uses her hair as a weapon, her chances are probably greater of having this as a gear piece over Shang so I'll run with her hair.

2. Arm guards: Just a guess here but thinking her arm fashion will be one of her pieces.

3. Scream power or Forehead Gear: Honestly torn here, I would guess one of these two would be picked as one of her gear spots.

Outfits: MK 3, Deception, MK 9, Ponytail look, Something new for MK 11.
__

Spawn:
1. Cape: I think this one goes without saying.

2. Chains: Also pretty obvious, goes without saying.

3. Skull piece on the chest or Glove guards: I think they'll go with the skull piece on his chest, belt or something like this or the spiked gloves.

Outfits: Maybe Mask variant, Maskless but burns, Human looking face outfit, Redeemer outfit.
_

Now, if it's Ash:
1. Chainsaw arm: Pretty obvious why this would be an option for sure.

2. Rifle: Just a guess here but he's used it.

Metal Hand: His other weapon/option on his right arm.

I think he'll have both a hand and chainsaw because, that's really all I could think of since he just dresses in a shirt and jeans. These are his 3 primary weapons he uses most of the time.

Outfits: Going to say for him perhaps regular face, cleaner clothes, dirtier face, dirty, bloodied clothes, jacket look, ripped shirt look.
__

The Terminator/T-800 Arnold model:
1. Plasma Gun/Plasma Rifle: No doubt this has to be one of his gear pieces.

2. Bullet belt/Grenade Ammo belt/Weapon strap: I think he'll have some sort of gear wear on him like if you remember in the comics and movies wears on him. Some could be bullets, grenades or something.

3. Leather Jacket or Sunglasses: Not sure which, but I think one of these will be a gear piece. I am leaning more towards the glasses since he's had different types over the years.

Outfits: I think he'll have his T1 shaggy hair look, post burnt T1 look, T2/T3 spiked hair look. His older look with and without a beard. Hopefully full endoskeleton look.
Post yours.

Last edited:

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
if Ash uses the Necronomicon on his special moves, I see that being a customizable gear

and for the Terminator, it's very hard to guess, cause we don't have any clue if we will have the humanoid version (Arnold) or just the metal exoskeleton one ....

MKF30

if Ash uses the Necronomicon on his special moves, I see that being a customizable gear

and for the Terminator, it's very hard to guess, cause we don't have any clue if we will have the humanoid version (Arnold) or just the metal exoskeleton one ....
I tried listing gear that would work for both honestly, in certain scenes and in the comics Terminators both with flesh and not have ammo on them like a human would carry such as well as holding guns etc. I mean an endoskeleton with a leatherjacket would look a little weird but if they have that as just an outfit option then we can get a pure Terminator endoskeleton look that can work, they just need to give us no glasses option from the start otherwise that could look weird seeing a T800 with shades lol.

For Ash, you mean the book right? I can see that but how often does he use it in battle unless it'll be something he carries on him like Kabal's little back thing.

Shang Tsung weapon is shown to be a scroll that he uses multiple times in the trailer, that's going to be a gear piece for sure.
Oh yeah, that what that was? Looked like a magic yo-yo lol. I'll have to rewatch that now. Good eye.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I think everyone saying "hair" for Sindel is going to be disappointed. Hair was Frost's defining feature, and the most obvious choice for gear, and yet they gave her a backpack and chest piece instead. My prediction for Sindel's gear would be something like, Tiara/headpiece, gloves/bracers, and some kind of amulet or object attached to her person (like Sub-Zero's knives or Skarlet's vials).

Now, what I'd WANT to see is customizable hair and makeup. Though I think both of those are unlikely.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
I think everyone saying "hair" for Sindel is going to be disappointed. Hair was Frost's defining feature, and the most obvious choice for gear, and yet they gave her a backpack and chest piece instead. My prediction for Sindel's gear would be something like, Tiara/headpiece, gloves/bracers, and some kind of amulet or object attached to her person (like Sub-Zero's knives or Skarlet's vials).

Now, what I'd WANT to see is customizable hair and makeup. Though I think both of those are unlikely.
My thoughts exactly. I think the rest of the ones mentioned will be spot on, but I'm fully expecting Sindle to have a crown/tiara as a gear piece, with the obvious lack of one being a piece of gear.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Came in here to say Shang's are obviously his scroll (was used in combat), his gloves, and whatever the weird thing that's on his hip (and not the scroll) is.

That said,

I better not have to grind for years in the ToT to get old man shang skin.

Lokheit

Noob

Yeah I could see some sort of necklace jewel being the 3rd option.

Afumba

Noob
Shang = Scroll, Souljar, Gloves

Nightwolf = Axe, Bandana, Talisman/Necklace

Sindel = Hair, Boots, Something she wears around her neck (necklace,scarf,collar...).
Although its really unlikely that she gets hair...

Spawn = chain, mask/face, cape

Terminator = shotgun, cyber eye, belt buckle

Ash = chainsaw, necronomicon, boomstick

MKF30

Shang Tsung weapon is shown to be a scroll that he uses multiple times in the trailer, that's going to be a gear piece for sure.
Oh yeah, that what that was? Looked like a magic yo-yo lol. I'll have to rewatch that now. Good eye.

BlunderGod

The Kollector wants your lunch money
I Wonder if Shang Tsung will even have an older skin available, as of now it just looks like an intro prop.

Gaxkang

Banned
I think there's very little chance of Sindel having a costume like she did in 9 in this game.

My guess is a basic clothing similar to Kitana's but with more empress flair going on with it. And perhaps slightly, slightly more suggestive.

I Wonder if Shang Tsung will even have an older skin available, as of now it just looks like an intro prop.
It would be weird not to when everyone else has. The old skin was the first image shown of him after all.
I even think that in the final version he won't be morphing from his old self, but from his opponent MK9 style. Or maybe that will be a different intro.

I think there's very little chance of Sindel having a costume like she did in 9 in this game.

My guess is a basic clothing similar to Kitana's but with more empress flair going on with it. And perhaps slightly, slightly more suggestive.
If I had to guess I'd say she'll combine Kitana's new design elements with Shao Kahn's design elements (obnoxious gold). I suspect jewelry galore.

MKF30

You're right, she was actually sexy in the previous two games. Forgot about that lol

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.

You're right, she was actually sexy in the previous two games. Forgot about that lol
yep, Sindel had the best body of all females in MK9, she was hot as hell in there !:p but for MK11, we all can expect her wardrobe/outfit to be much more conservative and discrete ..... something between Skarlet and Kitana costumes type, I guess ....

anyway, I'm much more interesting in her overall updated look and her gameplay , cannot wait !! :D

MKF30

yep, Sindel had the best body of all females in MK9, she was hot as hell in there !:p but for MK11, we all can expect her wardrobe/outfit to be much more conservative and discrete ..... something between Skarlet and Kitana costumes type, I guess ....

anyway, I'm much more interesting in her overall updated look and her gameplay , cannot wait !! :D
Yeah I miss her old mk3 scream that worked great on the ground, as anti air and in combos. Her mk 9 one blew lol I mean it was cancellable but she went all diva with the hand motions before she did the move lol. I bet she'll have a diagonal blast again for zoning, if shes good like Jades zoning I'll definitely be using her. But yeah on her attire you're most likely right.

MKF30

Ah I was right on Shang's gloves/claws prediction! lol Apparently we can change that.

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11

Oh my god, hair & makeup yes pretty please. Let us actually have fun with customization. I think it'd be cool to change from her iconic white hair into MK Alliance black hair with white streaks look.

MKF30

Oh my god, hair & makeup yes pretty please. Let us actually have fun with customization. I think it'd be cool to change from her iconic white hair into MK Alliance black hair with white streaks look.
Even erron black had some eyeliner in mkx lol compared to mk 11 :D