What's new

DLC Characters possibly leaked

Lokheit

Noob
Exactly, I think it’s ridiculous asf...I hope she’s just still brainwashed
and she’s just trolling the f out of her opponents. They constantly ruin and undervalue Sindel’s character.
Thing about that is Brainwashed and Evil Sindel is way more popular. And I'm not going to take Sindel on her word in those intros. Even the Quan Chi one is sketchy because he brainwashed her in the first place
Yeah I'm going to act like she is still brainwashed and making that stuff up to make others suffer, including inventing what happened before the brainwash like the plotting against Jerrod stuff.

Would have liked to see what her non brainwash lines would be though.

Sindel: Scream stun is -200 on block
Fireball is one variant, air fireball second variant only and both -67 on block and -2 on hit
Cartwheel special hits twice (with a gap) and is -30 on block with 25 start up frames
I’m mad you’re joking like this, cuz I know it’s gonna end up happening lmao.

What are you talking about lmfao
Its just a playful jab at how the variations in this game often have no syngergy, most stuff is combo punish or -6 on block, or its +1 but a high that can be countered relativelyeasy with a d2 KB and how there are gaps in almost everything lol. Itll prob be safer to try and punish without initiating offense outside of throws and the 2 safe things characters have once people master flawless block punishes

Last edited:

FaneBlackwing

Best in the West
What hints about a Marvel game? Boon saying he thought it would be cool to do one?
Well not just that, but Boon also said he'd really like to make a new IP. IIRC on a scale from 1-10 he put it at a... 9.8?

He also said they'd had meetings about it before + was very vague about the whole thing. Whereas when asked about characters they wanted to include in previous games he outright said they were going to put Neo from the Matrix movies into Injustice 2 but the deal fell through. You'd think with something as big as the former, if it wasn't happening he'd straight up say "We want to, but nothing promising has come of it." instead of being extremely vague about it.

Also the timing is really just perfect for it. You have all the hype around the MCU right now, the Marvel vs. Capcom games have bombed, and demand is probably really high.

Tbh it's really not a matter of if, it's a matter of when at this point.

Sindel as evil fits her more than good Sindel
HIGHLY disagree. Both timelines when she's done evil, she's been brainwashed. In the original timeline when Kitana freed her, she was very benevolent and good hearted.

The evil personality she has right now is more than likely because she's still a revenant.

mook

Noob
Well not just that, but Boon also said he'd really like to make a new IP. IIRC on a scale from 1-10 he put it at a... 9.8?

He also said they'd had meetings about it before + was very vague about the whole thing. Whereas when asked about characters they wanted to include in previous games he outright said they were going to put Neo from the Matrix movies into Injustice 2 but the deal fell through. You'd think with something as big as the former, if it wasn't happening he'd straight up say "We want to, but nothing promising has come of it." instead of being extremely vague about it.

Also the timing is really just perfect for it. You have all the hype around the MCU right now, the Marvel vs. Capcom games have bombed, and demand is probably really high.

Tbh it's really not a matter of if, it's a matter of when at this point.

HIGHLY disagree. Both timelines when she's done evil, she's been brainwashed. In the original timeline when Kitana freed her, she was very benevolent and good hearted.

The evil personality she has right now is more than likely because she's still a revenant.
How would adding a third game even work for them? They usually support a game for like a year or two, would they start spacing it out more to accommodate the time it takes to make them?

Idk how I‘d feel if it was literally just Injustice but with Marvel characters either lol, at least MvC has a unique feel to it.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
The whole 'DC fighting games fit better for NRS and Marvel fighting games fit better for Capcom' argument makes no sense. Why are Marvel characters better for Capcom? Why are DC characters better for NRS? Almost all DC / Marvel characters possess the same traits (super strength, flight, weapons, gadgets, telepathy, telekinesis, etc.) - NRS and Capcom work differently with their engines. That's all. A DC Fighting game made by Capcom would have the feeling of Marvel Super Heroes and a Marvel Fighting game made by NRS would have the feeling of Injustice.

Both dev teams can do both IPs. And since, unlike Capcom, NRS can actually make a decent Story Mode, and Capcom doesn't seem interested in making a PURE Marvel Fighting game (and not some crossover IP bullcrap), I would like to see NRS do a Marvel game.

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
The whole 'DC fighting games fit better for NRS and Marvel fighting games fit better for Capcom' argument makes no sense. Why are Marvel characters better for Capcom? Why are DC characters better for NRS? Almost all DC / Marvel characters possess the same traits (super strength, flight, weapons, gadgets, telepathy, telekinesis, etc.) - NRS and Capcom work differently with their engines. That's all. A DC Fighting game made by Capcom would have the feeling of Marvel Super Heroes and a Marvel Fighting game made by NRS would have the feeling of Injustice.

Both dev teams can do both IPs. And since, unlike Capcom, NRS can actually make a decent Story Mode, and Capcom doesn't seem interested in making a PURE Marvel Fighting game (and not some crossover IP bullcrap), I would like to see NRS do a Marvel game.
I think it's because people aren't used to NRS doing anything bright. And that's Marvel. You can make an argument for some of DC but I think people don't want to see NRS blatantly borderline Burtonize Marvel with their dark shades and everything.

I don't necessarily blame them. I think if they do make a Marvel fighter, they need to brighten up the game.

FaneBlackwing

Best in the West
I don't necessarily blame them. I think if they do make a Marvel fighter, they need to brighten up the game.
Disagree, there's a lot of dark themes in Marvel stuff. They just aren't highlighted as much as the ones in DC.

Primarily because DC is associated with dark themes because of Batman, Joker, Green Arrow, etc...

They can totally make a Marvel fighter and have it be just as dark as Injustice. As much as NRS needs some contrast to their dark games, I think a Marvel fighter should be just as dark as Injustice. Primarily because the dark side of Marvel hasn't been highlighted really much at all. All theoretical though and off-topic though, should be discussed in a different thread/section.

ON TOPIC though--

I'm curious, why do SO many people want to see Pennywise? I think he wouldn't fit at all and would just look goofy as shit. When I think of badass horror icons, I think of Freddy Krueger, Jason, Predator, Alien, Michael Myers, etc... Not... Pennywise the Clown.

I'm assuming we'll get 1 more guest character on the DLC roster and you know what?(9 characters all but confirmed and likely 3 left to go) I 100% want to see the Night King from GoT. Would be such a perfect fit and the timing would be excellent since the show is on it's final season. Really, any character from the show could work, but I think the Night King is the best and most unique choice.(I'd love to see the revenant characters interact with him!!)

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I'm curious, why do SO many people want to see Pennywise? I think he wouldn't fit at all and would just look goofy as shit. When I think of badass horror icons, I think of Freddy Krueger, Jason, Predator, Alien, Michael Myers, etc... Not... Pennywise the Clown.
There are numerous people who are afraid of NORMAL clowns.
Imagine taking a clown who is actually an immortal demon spider who preys on children by literally becoming their worst fears imaginable.
What's not to like?

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
So... Baraka in drag?
He does much more than just 'grin', I assure you. He can turn into anything and anyone, in any combination he chooses. He could have your mother's face while his arms turn into bear claws, or turn into a cupboard with maws instead of drawers … anything you can imagine, he can do.

Seriously, the sky's the limit with this character.

Yeah I'm going to act like she is still brainwashed and making that stuff up to make others suffer, including inventing what happened before the brainwash like the plotting against Jerrod stuff.

Would have liked to see what her non brainwash lines would be though.
Problem is other characters back her up on her always having been evil. It doesn't sound like she's brainwashed.

I'm thinking about bombarding Kittlesen with tweets so they rethink changing her personality so much.
Harassing them isn't going to change anything and it isn't a good look. At best you'll just get yourself blocked.

Plus they're obviously not going to talk about a character that hasn't been revealed yet and it's far too late to change anything anyway.

Last edited:
(and not some crossover IP bullcrap),
Except people love the crossover IP, so it isn't "bullcrap".

I think a Marvel fighter should be just as dark as Injustice. Primarily because the dark side of Marvel hasn't been highlighted really much at all.
Both statements are incorrect. In fact Marvel would probably insist that any NRS Marvel game would be different from Injustice. I doubt they'd want any of their heroes acting like Regime Superman.

And the dark side of of marvel has been highlighted plenty in the comics, in the tv shows and even in some of the films. So I'm not sure what you mean there.

... Not... Pennywise the Clown.
You forget It is an eldritch horror,not some run of the mill clown.

Last edited:
He does much more than just 'grin', I assure you. He can turn into anything and anyone, in any combination he chooses. He could have your mother's face while his arms turn into bear claws, or turn into a cupboard with maws instead of drawers … anything you can imagine, he can do.

Seriously, the sky's the limit with this character.
Freddy can do the same things. I can't for the life of me understand why people want Pennywise and Michael Meyers in the game. We already had Freddy, Jason, and Leatherface it's time to mix it up. There are plenty of other more interesting characters that WB has access to.

Boon said a lot of things.
Like how the base roster was 25 characters? Because he was telling the truth there. But people kept imagining there would be multiple secret characters and set themselves up for disappointment.

So maybe he telling the truth here too.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Except people love the crossover IP, so it isn't "bullcrap".
I was speaking for myself. I hate the Marvel vs Capcom IP because most of Capcom's IPs do not make artistic sense when put next to Marvel characters. King Arthur and Viewtiful Joe are visually incompatible with Doctor Doom and Spider-Man, which is why it annoys me. Not to mention some of the Capcom roster should not even be able to fight - like Phoenix Wright. A Marvel vs DC IP makes a lot more sense - even though I would still prefer a pure Marvel 1v1 fighting game like Marvel Super Heroes back in the 90s.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
This leaked list has me nervous. I legit gave up hope for Nightwolf, and then this happen. If this turns out to be fake, I will be so damn disappointed, man.
I've basically given up on Cyrax making it in but there was just a towers of time called Ketchup and Mustard. But the Switch leak checks out, so many things match up to the leaks ever growing Datamine.

I can honestly say Nightwolf is 99% DLC. I really hope he makes it and I'll main him for sure. They just need to add comboability for the cast and take away some of the combo limitations built in so we can have our favorite characters perform the way we always loved.
I don't even want Cyrax in if there is only one bomb then ender in combos. I hope NRS is listening to the community and gives more launching normals and specials across the cast, combos just need to be a bit longer and then it will be perfect. These 7 hit combos look lame AF and do 50% LMAO.

Rant over.

I honestly believe the switch leaks are real and everything in it was verified so I'm sure those 9 made it as DLC.