What's new

Dlc announcement next week

Comments

The Red Hood trailer on yt has 1,5 mln views and people are here saying NRS missed a change to get huge viewership for Shang teaser with that 50k viewers on twitch. Bitch, please. They're doing it for years. They producing the best selling fighting game. There was article recently how MK11 was the best selling game in overall recently on each platform. The're not doing it because their marketing is bad.
Wasn't Red hood's gameplay revealed at a tournament? Or am I thinking of Robin?

Comparative to what we’ve had with previous NRS titles I would say it is. Mkx announced their DLC before launch of the game as did I2
I think they might wait that long with the announcement because of the negative feedback MK11 got on release based on the grind and unclear monetization plans related to it. Having day 1 DLC announcemet on top of that might have poisoned the public's attitude further. I think they wanted to gain some more good will first before asking for more money by fixing towers and reward system, then let some time pass. Combo Breaker would have been perfect, but trying to promote the DLC during the backlash wouln't have worked...

Sooooo.....

1) DLC announcement this week.

2) Shang Tsung announcement the next week.

3) Shang Tsung released late June for Kombat Pack owners.

4) Shang Tsung released for everyone at the end of June.

......If that's the case, I ain't getting hyped just yet.

Sooooo.....

1) DLC announcement this week.

2) Shang Tsung announcement the next week.

3) Shang Tsung released late June for Kombat Pack owners.

4) Shang Tsung released for everyone at the end of June.

......If that's the case, I ain't getting hyped just yet.
At that rate DOA6 may have its 1 or 2 characters out first in June. :p

3-4 is not going to happen
As in.... he's going to be released in July instead? :p

No, really, I have this feeling that the developers are late on the schedule, so I don't want to set myself up for disappointment and hope that I'll be able to play Shang Tsung in a couple weeks.

As in.... he's going to be released in July instead? :p

No, really, I have this feeling that the developers are late on the schedule, so I don't want to set myself up for disappointment and hope that I'll be able to play Shang Tsung in a couple weeks.
As in boon said they are announcing the packs next week and that is a Tsung announcement.. there will not be a trailer or anything for him, imo.

you won't.. at least I do not think so. Shang Tsung was officially spoiled before MK11 even came out.. there is nothing in a marketing way of thinking to be gained by releasing him first or doing reveals and kombat casts and stuff for him. Like D'Vorah or Shoa Khan I bet he will be among the last to be revealed in trailers and stuff.

I'm hoping they announce Cyrax and one or more of the following: Nightwolf, Spawn(guest), Reptile, Smoke, Mileena.

For guests:
Terminator, Joker, Freddy and Predator(unlikely) would be good

I expect just the characters, no actual gameplay.
I hope they actually show Shang Tsung gameplay. I really want to know how he plays. Now that we have a better grasp on the game a breakdown of moves would be awesome. Will he be a zoner only, a rushdown, mid range character or a well balanced character with unique projectiles and will he steal opponents moves or be able to morph into every character with full movesets?

I'm very excited for Shang to say the least.

I wonder what this means for patches.
Are we getting the DLCs before we get any major balance patches, I wonder?

I mean it would make a lot of sense to balance the FINAL roster rather than just the limited one we have now but I'm not ready to wait a year for the next patch lol

The game was rushed to release, the grind in single player is bad on purpose and they have asked for your season pass money since Jan., but it's going to be June and you should chill for wanting to know what you paid 40 bucks for when you got the gold edition?

Really?

I wonder what this means for patches.
Are we getting the DLCs before we get any major balance patches, I wonder?

I mean it would make a lot of sense to balance the FINAL roster rather than just the limited one we have now but I'm not ready to wait a year for the next patch lol
I bet we get a patch within a month from now.