What's new

Dive Bomb Enhanced OTG Scaling

UPR_Nova

Noob
I'd just like to point out that the dive bomb shenanigans in the corner to mess with wake-up attacks have been removed. I keep seeing people attempt this on stream and I thought I should make a post.

Damage Scaling

I guess I could have had the dummy do different things on wake-up but you guys can take it to the lab and hopefully prove me wrong. I didn't play IGAU but I heard this was ridiculous.

Something Alternate

This option gets rid of the scaling but it's essentially like you scouting wake-up and punishing weakly. You can cross in this situation but it's slower. This also doesn't work in all scenarios. Again, just scout and punish if you want to resort to this.

What I've Been Using

Probably not optimal and it uses HELLA meter but if you want some sort of mix in the corner, something along these lines is your best bet. First reset hits with a cross dive bomb, second hits with front overhead and last hits front low. You could do raw b1 for the low and capitalize on something like 13 plus frames but it's risky because raw b1 is -10, I think.

Just posting my findings. If anyone has an actual setup that doesn't scale, feel free to share

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Interesting, so OTGs remove gravity scaling but the damage scaling remains the same until they get up. So OTG divebomb is only worth it off of a low-damaging combo.

The others could be good tools for when you feel like mixing, good stuff.

UPR_Nova

Noob
Bump because I heard the mention of dive bomb OTGs by commentary tonight. Unless you want to hit 3% combos, I don't see the point. To be clear, nothing against commentary, I just don't want people to think something is there when it isn't.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Bump because I heard the mention of dive bomb OTGs by commentary tonight. Unless you want to hit 3% combos, I don't see the point. To be clear, nothing against commentary, I just don't want people to think something is there when it isn't.
Like I said it's still good off of a low damaging combo, as the dude above just posted an example of. Definitely not worthless. In your video you kept OTG-ing them so the damage scaling never reset, hence the low damage. Low damaging combo = low damage scaling = good damage.

UPR_Nova

Noob
Like I said it's still good off of a low damaging combo, as the dude above just posted an example of. Definitely not worthless. In your video you kept OTG-ing them so the damage scaling never reset, hence the low damage. Low damaging combo = low damage scaling = good damage.
No I totally understand that I kept on doing it. I guess I shouldn't say 3% in a literal sense because I don't mean that (can't get sarcasm from words lol). I guess for me, I would prefer scouting the wake-up and punishing accordingly, as the dive bomb is punishable but maybe I'm just a wienie. The stuff above is great, however, you lose nice, tight corner position where, at least in my opinion, Superman wants his opponent. I DO see this as a positive when you need something different to kill, especially when the opponent doesn't have clash in his/her pocket. Also, would like to make it clear that, yes, there are some wake-up attacks that this will be very beneficial against, especially the simultaneously invincible and safe variety. I know how people typically prey on lack of clarity around here. No one in this thread so far, thankfully.

Edit: should tag @Infinite_resign for the creativity in that combo. Thank you for posting that!

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
I guess you could alternatively end with b2,3 again to put them back in the corner.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
If you really want them back in the corner, you can do dive bomb, b23mb, d2, b3, forward dash, 3xxbf3

It only does ~40 more damage than dive bomb, 11, 3xxdb2
Yea but I was thinking more alright no the lines of b23 cause it's hard knocked down and gives you the opportunity to stuff certain wake ups.

side note: holy crap b23 MB > D2 > B3 is hard. Even when I hit it, can't seem to his B3 early enough to get j3 > s3 to connect.