What's new

(Discussion) The Unprecedented Stated of MK11

This is another HUGE issue plaguing this generation of gamers. People site toxicity as to why to don't come back here but I would argue that twitter and discord have their share. During mk9, i1 and mkx this site was unrivaled and far and away the best place to level up. Now, you have to search high and low on twitter or discord for archived tech/combos/strats. I really wish people would use this site for what it was indented and utilized the character forums. Maybe TYM missed an opportunity to create and APP for the site? Maybe it just wasn't financially feasible. Who knows.
well, p2w seems indeed to be far more clueless then i thought lul

forums (not only tym) are dead since a while therefore they are not the main source for tech and knowledge anymore.
why would i post tech on tym when i could post it in my own youtube channel? just as an example. like this, top players use their "fame" to build a fanbase in order to sell their tech and knowledge via patreon, 1on1 private vs and so on.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
forums (not only tym) are dead since a while therefore they are not the main source for tech and knowledge anymore.
why would i post tech on tym when i could post it in my own youtube channel? just as an example.
That's a pretty poor example lol. Why any youtuber would NOT post their tech videos on external sites like reddit and tym is beyond me. External traffic and more views = bad? Okay then :confused:

I don't agree with this at all.

Previous games most characters only had 3-4 special moves.
Raiden - Superman, lightning bolt, teleport, shocker.
Kitana - fan toss, arse, fan lift.
Sub - ice ball, slide, clone, ground ice or ice shower
Scorpion - spear, teleport, air throw

For those 4 characters at least, they have one variation that has those moves, or something very close. So in terms of not being a "complete character", you're saying they've always been that way?

So now that we've got the option to add/change some moves, or a variation that could potentially play like a completely different character, apparently they aren't a complete character?! WTF? What sort of logic does that stem from?

The MK11 gameplay may change things, eg: kitana's fan throw juggles, but that's another topic.

I think this is people feeling that they're missing out on something that's in the game and that they've lost out by not being able to use it... even though it's playable in casual matches.

If there were no variations half of those extra moves would never see the light of day because most characters wouldn't have more than 5 equipped anyway.

If there were no variations in MK11 and most characters had one or the other of the current variations, would people still be complaining as much? Possibly, but i don't think so, simply because they don't feel like there's something in the game that could have made it better. EG: Kitana up fan, scorpions misery blade etc.

Customs definitely change things up, but not being a complete character... no.
For scorpion, you missed Hellfire, and the ground sweep.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
well, p2w seems indeed to be far more clueless then i thought lul

why would i post tech on tym when i could post it in my own youtube channel? just as an example. like this, top players use their "fame" to build a fanbase in order to sell their tech and knowledge via patreon, 1on1 private vs and so on.
That might sound like a good thing for the individual, but what commoner wants to bounce between 9 different YouTubes, 30 Twitter feeds, and an rats nest of discords?

It would kind of be nice if there was some place that a bunch of related information could be aggregated in one sweet spot to go get an education. That's not how things are working out these days though.

haketh

Noob
This is another HUGE issue plaguing this generation of gamers. People site toxicity as to why to don't come back here but I would argue that twitter and discord have their share. During mk9, i1 and mkx this site was unrivaled and far and away the best place to level up. Now, you have to search high and low on twitter or discord for archived tech/combos/strats. I really wish people would use this site for what it was indented and utilized the character forums. Maybe TYM missed an opportunity to create and APP for the site? Maybe it just wasn't financially feasible. Who knows.
This is the one thing I agree with you on but it sadly isn't gonna go back to being that way. THe way people wanna get information is completely different now & no one wants to bother checking a forum. Wikis are barely hanging on as is.

This is the one thing I agree with you on but it sadly isn't gonna go back to being that way. THe way people wanna get information is completely different now & no one wants to bother checking a forum. Wikis are barely hanging on as is.
I agree. I made a tweet that got some attention awhile ago saying we are not in pre 09er era of info gathering and people have gone back to their little circles. This is actually better for the tournament player in that people can't really see what they are doing but it makes it harder to be more aware of what other characters are developing. Exactly the way it was pre SF4 era (09er) release.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Anyways. Glad to see so many people in this thread agree with me and calling you out. And I made it about two sentences into your response and really just don’t care.
This has to be one of the biggest pussy responses I've read on a forum all year.

All you've done is lob personal attacks rather than address his talking points. Total. Pussy.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
This has to be one of the biggest pussy responses I've read on a forum all year.

All you've done is lob personal attacks rather than address his talking points. Total. Pussy.
But dont you know hes trying to make this forum a better place and bring more tech discussion etc? :DOGE

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
This actually wasn't true at all. You're attempting to stir up drama again where it doesn't exist.
Nah I noticed it as well. I thought I was losing my shit or something. I had just read the last message in this thread, which had just been posted 5 minutes ago, then went back to the home screen and it was totally gone. I had to manually navigate to this thread for the next half hour or so before it returned, even though there were new replies coming in. Was weird :confused:

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
What an absolute scam. They claimed to support the game for 2 years, yet all they're doing is stretching the same amount of content and even patching frequency out to longer periods of time.
"but this is how other FGs are!" Yeah, not previous NRS FGs, which is where expectations were set.
The only sort of expectations they set is kneejerk changes and matchups going from 7-3 to 3-7 to 8-2 within a few months.

I get it, people are used to imitation of life that is bashing heads against each other over another set of changes that don't increase variety of characters you will see in tournaments. I'm bored too. But at least the game was mildly enjoyable for a while.

To posters above: front page is where I found this thread. I have no idea what is wrong for you.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I shouldn’t even have to do this, but I’m going to call out your nonsense because it has a way of spreading even when it’s untrue.

I have always found a way to provide missing links or help out where I can. The reason you don’t seem to know this is that I don’t go around trumpeting my actions. But since you keep asking, this goes way back:

-When CD Jr. missed reg for EVO I emailed the cannons and got him late reg’ed after the deadline so he could play
-When the Terry bros. were going to miss SCR last minute because they didn’t have money for the trip, I went out and Western Union’ed them the money so that they could make the tourney and play.
-When Blake was going to miss EVO because his transportation was falling apart I helped him out so that he could go
-I helped pay 16 Bit’s registration for SCR in Injustice so that he could make the tourney.
-When Triforce screwed KDZ I paid his fee for TFC so that he could go. He ended up winning the entire thing.
-When Pig held an online tourney to get someone (ultimately Madzin) to MLG, and Hatake Osawa screwed Pig out of the money needed for Madzin to go, I donated the rest of Hatake’s share so that Madzin could travel.
-When Pig used his 4G to save the stream at Final Round I sent him money for the overages on his cell phone bill.
-When NEC reg. was low I gave BigE $250 to add to the pot bonus to help encourage people to make it out.
-When NLBC reg. for our games was flagging I sent Art money for a bonus to try to get people out.
-When Injustice dropped and no one was watching the locals, I started doing big writeups of WNF and NLBC every week to get people interested in tuning into weekly local streams. It became a thing and it worked.
-I have made adjustments, fixes, etc. to TYM for years, for free, because I believe in this community, and I also believe that you should give back to the places where you hang out, instead of just complaining and dunping your trash there. Remember when Storms debuted this new layout and it was somewhat of a mess, and then it slowly started to come together and take people’s feedback into account? Who do you think made a lot of those adjustments?Yeah. I was up late every night writing CSS code, debugging issues, and editing Xenforo templates to try to improve things for you guys.

Behind the scenes, in the conversations you guys don’t see, I’ve also fought to do stuff to make this a better place. The reason people can now freely post podcasts when that was once an issue is that I put my modship on the line, to demand that people be able to speak freely even if they criticized TYM in the broadcast. People like you and Dave.

The reason that You. Are. Here. is that I made a case for unbanning you and giving you a second chance, after you were permed for PM’ing a female mod with some vulgar stuff. Don’t forget that.

None of this is about the normal ‘mod’ stuff, which also has plenty of days where you’d just like to go play or get some sleep, but you end up helping someone who can’t register, has an issue with something, needs to change their email, or wants their thread cleaned up. Everything above is just extra.

So don’t talk to me about changing titles.. The common thread in this is that I’ve always done things to help solve problems for other people. I haven’t asked for a single thing for myself. I don’t own this site, but the community is my passion. I’d love to see you do something with it other than complain.
much respect.
Holy shit.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
MK11 is the game where low fighting iq is held in higher regards than people who actually know how to play it.

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
Them releasing third variations now that we are several months in convinces me we will get customs eventually. Probably saving it for later so they can have it as "new" content for later.