What's new

Question - Kitana Discussion about JIP1 vs JIP2

KriegerOfLucent

Embrace Walkback™
Hi guys,

So, with the newly found pressure tool accessible to Kitana after the patch, I started wondering about the two different versions of JIP, namely, JIP 1 vs JIP2.
They look different, and feel different, but there is no frame data whatsoever in the game about them.

I feel this is more important than ever, with the possibility to cancel EX float into either JIP1 or JIP2.
My question comes in now, which option should I go for ? What are the advantages and disadvantages for canceling EX float into either JIP2 or JIP1. As far as I can tell, they both hit mid.
Sometimes, after doing a round of pressure as in: F112exDB2xxEXfloatxxJIP, one of them seems to whiff. On the other hand, when it lands, what is the best way to go in this particular situation ?
Should I always use one of the two JIPs, or stick to only one ?
Are two different JIPs for two different situations, or they can be used interchangeably ?
So far, I have grown used to using JIP2, for it had more range, but is this still a healthy practice ?

Thank you!

Tweedy

Noob
There is frame data. Scroll down to the bottom in the "basic" section, or the first section. It's the 3rd section from the bottom titled "jumping attacks".

Her jump in 2 is actually 5 frames, making it the fastest, or tied for the fastest jump in in the game, so it should always be used for air to air situations.

Her jump 1 has a better vertical hitbox, so perhaps it should always be used for closer jump ins and the new EX float? Not sure.