What's new

Discussing MB Ice Wall

Somea2V

Thread Referee
I think, for communal knowledge as much as anything, we should discuss how the Ice Wall functions. We know about its projectile blocking properties but I have noticed it doesn't work against some attacks. It seems like low projectiles either fully or partially ignore it. So, let's discuss what we know about it.

I've noticed it does nothing against Black Adam's low lightning and it seems that Deadshot's MB Rifle Shot seems to break it. Anything else that seems to get around it?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Ice wall blocks one mid or high hitting projectile per use. Multi hitting projectiles will beat it as will any low projectiles.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Really? I thought the MB would eat projectiles while en route.
I thought so too but I tested it against Deadshot's multihitting projectiles and they went through it.

What it will do though is eat up any additional 1 hit projectiles that the opponent throws out after the 1st one is blocked. That might be what you see happening.

Hiyomoto

Noob
I find that it also works on projectiles that are "teleported" around you. I'm pretty sure I've done it a few times to nullify Atrocitus's blood thing from the ground. Kind of helps in the GL match up but not really either.

Quantus

Rain for MK12 Kombat Pack 3
There is also a window between activating Ice Wall and Activating MB that projectiles pass through freely.

It sucks consistently losing to a lot of projectiles, and losing a bar of meter for the trouble.

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
So i have a major problem with this move, online it seems invincible. If somebody endlessly spams it as a wake up throwing in random enhances- its protected from projectiles, it has active frames that interrupt any meaty on wake up, it anti airs,on enhance it builds space, and on block i cant punish it because it pushes me out of range (or far enough I'm not connecting during the punish window) for my punishing strings. So I've been put in a vice where the scrubbiest captain colds can keep me out with infinitely hitting one special move. My only recourse has been to armor through it with f3 or b3 but that's costing a bar each time and I'm frequently using a bar to roll in in the first place. Idk how much of this struggle is connection but these matches never have good connection. Im playing as Robin.

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
I ask this but shortly after found a solution in the lab. See i cant punish it if i get hi by it but the animation is deceptive. If you allow him to finish spraying up his ice wall you can whiff punish through the icewall while its still up. I didnt know nor expect this but will be looking to try it online and see if that works even with lagg. Ironically i labbed it for awhile before posting but as the angry narrow mind faded i found my answer xD

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
The important question is, does it block aquaman's tentacle strike?

DC4-3

Low tier button masher.
I would like his ex ice wall to absorb more than one projectile (2-3 maybe?). Would that be too much to ask for? I mean it should block more than one if we're spending resources on it.