What's new

Strategy Disarming Ice clone

When you are in a ice clone trap you can just block the ice clone
what I do is stand next to the trap, do a step forward and block ounce im touching ice clone
the ice clone is a projectile that doesn't move so you can block it and advance on sub zero
if someone can post a video of this that be cool, its easy to do with jax but everyone can do it.
now you can't ride down the clock:p

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
It's called dash blocking the clone at the right time. This is no easy guaranteed way, you need to be precise hence why people don't try it very often if ever. If it were that easy, just about every character wouldn't have armor. This is old news, no offense.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
im starting to get into the disarming groove :D I like how you bounce off ice clone. how much meter does it give you?
feel free to "disarm" my clone,i'll be sure to cash in my free 5% and meter from 212 clone while you're -15 or throw you.

that's assuming you do it perfectly and not get frozen,if you don't,i'll gladly do 25% minimum with a safe 212 clone after jip b121.

Flagg

Noob
I know if you're Freddy you can teleport through ice clones and even if you land "in one", as long as you're holding block you wont get frozen and you'll break it.

Freddys teleport acts more like a super fast, meter building dash than a actual teleport.

I donno guys if i was a sub zero player id watch out for it. I don't think im getting frozen by it any time soon and i can get rid of it when ever I want. the only way your going to punish it is when your up close to the clone, close enough to get poked. with the push back from the clone ill take that -15 on block

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Kabal can dash cancel into a ice clone and disarm it and safe up an armor
your at -15, sub is close he can 21 ice clone. The 2 is a 9 frame move, no armor will help in the situation where the sub baits the disarming lol. The second you disarm one he puts out another one, its all risk no reward other than with cage if done perfectly.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
You do realize that while you are trying to block the clone... i'm not going to just stand there and watch and go "OH MY GOD. Y U GO BLOCK CLONE?"

It is very easy to *see* someone trying to do this as well. Maybe not Kabals dash cancel... but everyone else is pretty much fair game.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I donno guys if i was a sub zero player id watch out for it. I don't think im getting frozen by it any time soon and i can get rid of it when ever I want. the only way your going to punish it is when your up close to the clone, close enough to get poked. with the push back from the clone ill take that -15 on block
But you're not,that should mean something.

Are you serious?Why would i try to punish a blockdash when i can just throw you/212 for meter and damage and get my clone back up?

pushback,exactly,you're trying to move forward,not backwards.

-15 is enough to get a blockstring to clone,pushback or not.

and you will mess up sometime,no doubt about it.

ryublaze

Noob
Where are you getting -15? I thought blocked clone was -28.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/sub-zero-frame-data.13250/page-2#post-307347

Also the closer you place the clone, the easier it is for the opponent to block it IMO. Example would be after D4 clone the opponent just has to tap forward and block. It is still difficult because the opponent has to know exactly where the clone would freeze you. The leg of D4 clone literally touches you without freezing you.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Where are you getting -15? I thought blocked clone was -28.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/sub-zero-frame-data.13250/page-2#post-307347

Also the closer you place the clone, the easier it is for the opponent to block it IMO. Example would be after D4 clone the opponent just has to tap forward and block. It is still difficult because the opponent has to know exactly where the clone would freeze you. The leg of D4 clone literally touches you without freezing you.
I think it was Reo who said +15....

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
I know if you're Freddy you can teleport through ice clones and even if you land "in one", as long as you're holding block you wont get frozen and you'll break it.

Freddys teleport acts more like a super fast, meter building dash than a actual teleport.
Same rule applies to smokes' smoke forward/away I believe.