What's new

Tech Dirty Joker Wall Loop

Alot of us do know this lol
What do mean by block shift though?
You mean by just altering the timing to the overhead hits after the teeth?
Doesn't launch though cuz the second hit of b+1,3 splats.
Or do you do b+1 cancelled into crowbar or charged f3?
If you time it right the back 1>3 will still cause them to relaunch up.

Gilbagz

Joker here~
If you time it right the back 1>3 will still cause them to relaunch up.
Yeah you have to time b1,3 to hit at the exact same time as the exploding teeth.
It only launches if the overhead hits first.
With this its a lot easier to block, since it would just be low overhead low every time.
Actually its still hard to block, but there is a set pattern to block. You can alter the timing so that the overhead hits after but you there is no combo.
Only other way I can think of altering the overhead timing is to do b1 crowbar. Which actually isn't that bad since it gives a ridiculously hard knockdown in the corner to get the teeth out. You could probably run the b1, 3 / b1 crowbar mix up in the corner mix up the low overhead timings. But the damage isn't that great of the crowbar, and you still risk eating wake up attacks. b1 after crowbar does stop wake up attempts though.
Actually, might be a legit mix up here. I'll jump in the lab later today and experiment more.

But yeah main thing is, if you keep doing b1,3 with that timing, it becomes easier to block since you're being one dimensional. I'm not saying its super easy, cuz Doomsday earthshake is still ridiculously hard to block, but you can practice to block it. Only way we can get past this is to alter the overhead timing, or time it so perfectly that the overhead hits at the exact same time as the exploding teeth. The set up is cool, but it still gets blown up by wake up attacks. I feel that it'll be match up specific, where on characters with stationary wake ups you can run it all day, e.g. Green Lantern, Aquaman etc.

Yeah you have to time b1,3 to hit at the exact same time as the exploding teeth.
It only launches if the overhead hits first.
With this its a lot easier to block, since it would just be low overhead low every time.
Actually its still hard to block, but there is a set pattern to block. You can alter the timing so that the overhead hits after but you there is no combo.
Only other way I can think of altering the overhead timing is to do b1 crowbar. Which actually isn't that bad since it gives a ridiculously hard knockdown in the corner to get the teeth out. You could probably run the b1, 3 / b1 crowbar mix up in the corner mix up the low overhead timings. But the damage isn't that great of the crowbar, and you still risk eating wake up attacks. b1 after crowbar does stop wake up attempts though.
Actually, might be a legit mix up here. I'll jump in the lab later today and experiment more.

But yeah main thing is, if you keep doing b1,3 with that timing, it becomes easier to block since you're being one dimensional. I'm not saying its super easy, cuz Doomsday earthshake is still ridiculously hard to block, but you can practice to block it. Only way we can get past this is to alter the overhead timing, or time it so perfectly that the overhead hits at the exact same time as the exploding teeth. The set up is cool, but it still gets blown up by wake up attacks. I feel that it'll be match up specific, where on characters with stationary wake ups you can run it all day, e.g. Green Lantern, Aquaman etc.
Oh yea by no means is it perfect but it is extremely useful on certain characters, and players that don't use their wake up options.

laudanum09

Darling
Nice everyone is chiming in.

Good to have a consensus on what works best in the corner on the most characters and then going from there to tweak against characters and their options.

Matchup thread should really get updated with variations on set tech.

Nice everyone is chiming in.

Good to have a consensus on what works best in the corner on the most characters and then going from there to tweak against characters and their options.

Matchup thread should really get updated with variations on set tech.
I know i was thinking the same thing.

SonicFox5000

The Best.
Alot of us do know this lol
What do mean by block shift though?
You mean by just altering the timing to the overhead hits after the teeth?
Doesn't launch though cuz the second hit of b+1,3 splats.
Or do you do b+1 cancelled into crowbar or charged f3?
Actually it does launch. If you time it correctly -which I hit 9/10 times- I always cause alaunch after B1 3. And the overhead and law can crossup

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Actually it does launch. If you time it correctly -which I hit 9/10 times- I always cause alaunch after B1 3. And the overhead and law can crossup
Yeah if you time it so that the overhead hits at the exact same time as the teeth. But if the overhead hits after the teeth explode, all you will get is the splat knockdown from the overhead.
And what do you mean by law?

Edit: Nvm I get what you mean by blockshift now. You space the b1,3 so it hits meaty and the low crosses up. With that timing yeah you're right it will always launch. My bad noobed it

booivi

Good Game :)
I'm just starting with joker, I've decided to pick him up and after reading this thread it sounds like y'all are talking about a nice tech. Can any of you break it down a little more? I'm quite confused, I read through the whole thread.

Gilbagz

Joker here~
I'm just starting with joker, I've decided to pick him up and after reading this thread it sounds like y'all are talking about a nice tech. Can any of you break it down a little more? I'm quite confused, I read through the whole thread.
Basically after doing the 2,1,2 string into teeth on hit. If you do a meaty b1,3 the over head 3 hits at the same time as the exploding teeth. It is a hard to blockable that launches. You can adjust the timing on the b1,3 so the 3 hits after the teeth to mess with people more. It can be wake up attacked out of though.

General Idea
2,1,2 teeth. Early b1,3
The 3 either hits before the teeth or at the same time. To block this they need to crouch block the low, stand block the overhead and the crouch block the teeth. This is very difficult.
If somehow they are able to block this, you can change the timing to do b1,3 slightly later.
By doing it later, they will either stand block too late and get caught by the teeth, or block the teeth and get caught by the overhead (or just block the whole thing). This variation is easier to block, but can be used. The reward is not as great though cuz the b1,3 splats them. You do get a free teeth set up after the b1,3 though.
Generally stick to the early b1,3. Even though you become one dimensional so its easier to block, you have a larger reward.

2,1,2 teeth on block into b1,3 also works if they respect your insta jump 2 beat your jump out attempt. It launches the same and the timing works out almost perfectly every time. But it is more gimmicky as they can hit you out of it. The 2,1,2 string forces a guessing game on block or hit either way.

Basically after doing the 2,1,2 string into teeth on hit. If you do a meaty b1,3 the over head 3 hits at the same time as the exploding teeth. It is a hard to blockable that launches. You can adjust the timing on the b1,3 so the 3 hits after the teeth to mess with people more. It can be wake up attacked out of though.

General Idea
2,1,2 teeth. Early b1,3
The 3 either hits before the teeth or at the same time. To block this they need to crouch block the low, stand block the overhead and the crouch block the teeth. This is very difficult.
If somehow they are able to block this, you can change the timing to do b1,3 slightly later.
By doing it later, they will either stand block too late and get caught by the teeth, or block the teeth and get caught by the overhead (or just block the whole thing). This variation is easier to block, but can be used. The reward is not as great though cuz the b1,3 splats them. You do get a free teeth set up after the b1,3 though.
Generally stick to the early b1,3. Even though you become one dimensional so its easier to block, you have a larger reward.

2,1,2 teeth on block into b1,3 also works if they respect your insta jump 2 beat your jump out attempt. It launches the same and the timing works out almost perfectly every time. But it is more gimmicky as they can hit you out of it. The 2,1,2 string forces a guessing game on block or hit either way.
I must say sir, very thorough break down lol.