What's new

Dirtbag corner dirt (grounded setup, oki setup, safe jump)

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Sup!

As you may know, Dirtbag has some dirt in the corner. I tried breaking it down in some videos. It's quite long but worth the watch. Also I made a list with different types of reactions after a knockdown setup.

TL;DR: F12 into close chem toss is plus a billion so you can do whatever you like. You can jail into F1 which gives mindgames and sets up the range for b1. B1 into close chem toss sets up a pretty much inescapable trap.

TL;DR ending juggles in B1 amp chem toss/F2 amp chem toss or just doing raw F2 amp chem toss gives you a great setup that's really hard to escape. Will trade with some U3's for a full combo, punish most other wakeups including roll, set up shenanigans on hit. See lists for when it works

Juggle enders:

Raw F2

Numbers: Amount of plus/minus frames
Trade: You trade with U2. You do more damage and waste less bar but get knocked back
Trade for combo: You trade with U3 and get a full combo into the same setup
Punish: U3 punishes you
Bounce into punish: The lighter bounces off of their U3 and they can full combo punish you
Bounce no punish: The lighter bounces off of their U3 but you're neutral-ish

TL;DR F4 knockdown gives you a safe jumpover which beats and punishes all U2's and U3's. Makes the threat of F4 bigger, meaning you might catch them with raw F2.

Enjoy!

@kcd117 @Circus @Vslayer @CriticalDrop @CO-KANO @kantboy-2 @lionheart21 @One Trick Pony @MagicMan357 @okhuskerfan @Erotic_Walrus

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Just saw them on YT, let me watch 'em all. Can't wait to see what you found.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Okay the fact that amp chem burn protects you from rolls, jumps, wakeups and some FB's is actually insane. I'm guessing that FBs that have more range will get you, but still, that's really great.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Okay the fact that amp chem burn protects you from rolls, jumps, wakeups and some FB's is actually insane. I'm guessing that FBs that have more range will get you, but still, that's really great.
Most FBs even!!! Havent tested all but it's probably just erron and frost and cetrion. Jax is fast but moves him through the fire. I think this will be hard to setup in a real match but the potential to steamroll is there

CriticalDrop

Beers, grabs & dropped combos
I actually think the F1 stagger will be the shit. Because they do NOT want to get hit by b1 acid
What do you mean?
Well, if I understand correctly, the thing is that the most probable reactions by the opponent after the stagger are 1)blocking 2) poking. But, the poke must be done after a read in order to work. If they try to do it on reaction, they will probably be hit by b1, so it could work, but it is an unlikely scenario, and would require some conditioning. Isn't it?
Anyway, as b1xx chem toss is quite fast and mostly safe, it can be done to test your opponent without a high risk.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
What do you mean?
Well, if I understand correctly, the thing is that the most probable reactions by the opponent after the stagger are 1)blocking 2) poking. But, the poke must be done after a read in order to work. If they try to do it on reaction, they will probably be hit by b1, so it could work, but it is an unlikely scenario, and would require some conditioning. Isn't it?
Anyway, as b1xx chem toss is quite fast and mostly safe, it can be done to test your opponent without a high risk.
I mean the stagger is good since it forces a grab/strike mixup where the strike leads to b1 acid amp setup

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Awesome stuff.

Now I have to see if I can consistently add the Vege-mighty charge during a corner juggle and go straight into Amp. Chem Toss since the CPU can do it.

If you can do that, then Raiden might not be able to leave the corner.
Sounds tight, was the damage worth it?

kantboy-2

Ripper
The damage to my fingers wasn't worth it.

Just managed to do it once with j3 to 1,1 vege-might charge into reg. chem burn.

I'll just practice vege-mighty into upball a thousand times to see if I can do consistently. It also won't be worth it.

Last edited:

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
The damage to my fingers wasn't worth it.

Just managed to do it once with j3 to 1,1 vege-might charge into reg. chem burn.

I'll just practice vege-mighty into upball a thousand times to see if I can do consistently. It also won't be worth it.
Vegemighty cancels are weird. The timing is different between strings and it annoys me

kantboy-2

Ripper
You got your opp. in the corner;

fj3 1,1 vege-might charge, chem burn or amp. chem. burn.

I'm just thinking that if your opp. knows you have an upball charge ready, he'll reconsider jumping.

Last edited:
Thanks for the @. This is a very thorough and well thought out labbing session, done at warp speed too considering the patch has only been live for 2 days lol. I'm looking forward to seeing what Biohazard has in store at the next competition, I'm sure we will see some Dirtbag.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Thanks for the @. This is a very thorough and well thought out labbing session, done at warp speed too considering the patch has only been live for 2 days lol. I'm looking forward to seeing what Biohazard has in store at the next competition, I'm sure we will see some Dirtbag.
I think this is a bit niche although strong. The amount of setup needed is simply too much. But I'd LOVE to be proven wrong and Kano makes top 8's in the hands of Bio (or somewhere else)

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Picked up Kano in the last few days, and this is very interesting. I'm going to see if I can add to this. I know f12~bf1 into b1~db4 can get the discussed reaction, but got to figure out how prevalent that is across the cast.

Second Saint

Ok so, a few things. The spacing to get b1~db4 to hit after f12~knife in the corner appears to be 100% consistent across the cast provided you jail the b1. It's a 4f link, nothing to worry about.

More than that, it also works from 2, 22, 3, and 4 if canceled into knife. All of which can be jailed into after bf1 hits in the corner. S3 actually seems to jail into bf1 as well, so you can use it for +2 or commit to 3~bf1 and get the whole situation over again on hit.

Second Saint

I now see that what I was talking about was totally different. Spacing is actually a little farther, so they actually have time to jump out, it looks like. It's also in the realm of +60 - 69 on hit.

Still pretty nice, if not the same. Hope I didn't just go over a bunch of known stuff though.