What's new

Digital vs Physical — is the save data shared??

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Anyone know if I can start playing via disc, then continue my game via digital copy?

Already have a digital copy preloaded on PS4, but it sounds like I may have scored a Kollector’s Edition for 9pm pickup. Can I load it up and start playing a few hours early? Then continue my progress using the digital copy, and give the disc to a friend?

It’s the same game so you should be able to carry save data over. You can only have one or the other installed though. So if you stick in a disc when you already have the digital downloaded, it’ll ask to delete the other. Vice versa.

DDustiNN

It’s the same game so you should be able to carry save data over. You can only have one or the other installed though. So if you stick in a disc when you already have the digital downloaded, it’ll ask to delete the other. Vice versa.
Ahhh well shit, didn’t know that part... might not even be worth the hassle then. Might as well just wait the extra couple hours and leave the disc unopened.

DDustiNN

Well I put the disc in, and it told me I had to delete the digital just like you said, so I clicked okay. All it did was switch to the disc version immediately. No installation necessary at all.

But I can’t seem to access Shao Kahn or the Ninja Mime skin. Both of which were installed yesterday. Maybe they’ll be available at midnight? I dunno. Can’t find them in my library or on the PSN store anywhere.

Well I put the disc in, and it told me I had to delete the digital just like you said, so I clicked okay. All it did was switch to the disc version immediately. No installation necessary at all.

But I can’t seem to access Shao Kahn or the Ninja Mime skin. Both of which were installed yesterday. Maybe they’ll be available at midnight? I dunno. Can’t find them in my library or on the PSN store anywhere.
Hmmm. Maybe try restoring licenses? https://support.playstation.com/s/article/PS4-Trouble-With-Downloadable-Content?language=en_US