What's new

Difference between UMK3 V1.1 & V1.2???

Tim Static

Adminerator
Shit....between Shock, Konqrr, Frankie & Moe....whats this? A fucking MK All-Star thread, minus that sorry Static fella? 8)

Nothing, some combos are a bit differenet with the readings... some readings are wrong as well.

My cabinet is V1.1. Its all good, you wont notice anything. I remember even back in the day that this revision like didnt even matter. It was so insignificant that alot of arcades never even updated.

I don' t remember the differences between the two someone else can help you out there. But if your worried about going from v1.1 to v1.2 its not to hard if you have the right equipment ;). Just need to erase two EPROMs and program them with the 1.2 from the MAME roms. Also you can program them with the zues hacked version and have Noob Saibot and Human smoke selectable on the select screen. Although with that hack it gets rid of Shang and Stryker. If you need any help let me know.

Moe

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
As far as I know, the only difference from 1.1 to 1.2 is they fixed the "Free Game" glitch where you would beat the game and pick "Fight Ermac", then do a mercy on him and let him fall...in doing so you'd get a free credit.

MOE30W said:
I don' t remember the differences between the two someone else can help you out there. But if your worried about going from v1.1 to v1.2 its not to hard if you have the right equipment ;). Just need to erase two EPROMs and program them with the 1.2 from the MAME roms. Also you can program them with the zues hacked version and have Noob Saibot and Human smoke selectable on the select screen. Although with that hack it gets rid of Shang and Stryker. If you need any help let me know.

Moe
Like what an eprom burner?

Anymore info on this moe? If you can elaborate or point me where I can do something like that, that would be awesome. Is it possible to make up secondary eproms as well? so maybe I could swap them so I can play as other characters like smoke and Noob?

Frankiebonez said:
MOE30W said:

Moe
Like what an eprom burner?

Anymore info on this moe? If you can elaborate or point me where I can do something like that, that would be awesome. Is it possible to make up secondary eproms as well? so maybe I could swap them so I can play as other characters like smoke and Noob?
Yeah you would need a EPROM burner that supports the EPROM used in the umk3 board M27C4001-10F1 (let me verify this number tomorrow I am reading the number off of a blitz EPROM). You need to make sure to order this exact one because of the speed rating. The -10 is for 100nano seconds F is the package type and 1 is the temp range. If you need help finding it let me know, I know of some electronic component sites. Or the other option is to try and buy a cheap or broken umk3 board from eBay to steal EPROMS from it.

Yeah you can make secondary EPROMs to swap out. Depending on how much you are going to swap them you can put the EPROMS in sockets so the legs do not bend or break. If you dont have a grounding strap I suggest one of those and also an IC extractor to help remove the EPROMS without damaging the legs. Or you can just use a screwdriver if you are careful not to damage the board.

I will give you more info tomorrow if needed.

Moe

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
CPU AI is different as well.

Couple examples: when they run in, they don't allow you to JPS or JKS them as easily, they often jump into the attack, they also don't react when in a stun attack like the teleport punch. PSX MKT's AI is the same as UMK3 1.1.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Kick ass...thanks guys. Couldnt ask for better help from you guys.

BTW, GG's to Shock & Konqrr....and Dubson too. My goal is to get back to where I used to be, so all the ass wippins to give me, the better I will get....again.

But seriously, thank you. :D

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
the free credit bug is still present in rev 1.2
we used to do it a lot back then hehe
u can do it losing or winning a round by time (Vs ermac. Noob or Mega endurance). it takes you right to the choose your destiny screen too.

MKK hanzo

BUT... if you do it vs mega endurance, and keep playing the game will put you against weird opponents and then will crash ...

NinjaGrinder

lol yeah, I loved that one. no matter what char u saw in the destiny tower, u fight vs kano, then a 2 endurance, then kano, etc. right after the first "E" the game resets jajaajajja

well, a huge difference between 1.1 and 1.2 is that ermac, scorpion, and human smoke all easily own the PC, probably vs games also. Simply because when their teleport punches connect, you can follow up with a run in combo, a TK slam, harpoon, run in pop up, whatever you want. You have about 1 whole second to hit your opponent. In 1.2 you can't, only thing you can do is do a spear and thats only if you do it exactly after you do the teleport punch. If you don't believe me, then go try it. Or if you want, I can record a video showing this.

MKK hanzo

Also in 1.2 you can jump straight up after the telepòrt conects with a kick and the cpu will jump and eat it. After that you sweep, the cpu jumps back, etc etc etc...

NinjaGrinder

KeanBurke said:
well, a huge difference between 1.1 and 1.2 is that ermac, scorpion, and human smoke all easily own the PC, probably vs games also.
a human opponent can always block any attack after the tlpt.

in rev 1.2 u can tlpt+spear jade. u can see the smoke of her glow kick but she always eats the spear lol

I don't know, but I never played a 2p game in v1 .1 but when the TP connects, they back pedal, and i dont think you can control them. so it might be unblockable, I know in 1.2 it's blockable.

Ok Frankie it looks like there are two different types of EPROMS used for the two roms. U63 is a M27C4001-10F1 and U54 is a TMS27C040-10.

This guy on eBay is selling the EPROMs you need for $2 used and erased so you would just need to program it. http://cgi.ebay.com/EPROM-M27C4001-10F1-BY-STMICROELECTRONICS_W0QQitemZ320061532754QQihZ011QQcategoryZ50914QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/EPROMS-TMS27C040-10JL-BY-TEXAS-INSTRUMENT_W0QQitemZ320061543168QQihZ011QQcategoryZ50914QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Moe

KeanBurke said:
well, a huge difference between 1.1 and 1.2 is that ermac, scorpion, and human smoke all easily own the PC, probably vs games also. Simply because when their teleport punches connect, you can follow up with a run in combo, a TK slam, harpoon, run in pop up, whatever you want. You have about 1 whole second to hit your opponent. In 1.2 you can't, only thing you can do is do a spear and thats only if you do it exactly after you do the teleport punch. If you don't believe me, then go try it. Or if you want, I can record a video showing this.
This is so true, I can do at tele punch with smoke and run in pop up combo on my cab (1.1) but cant doit on xbox (1.2)

ded

Elder God
i think there are some differences in the gravity too. if i remember correctly the opps fly higher after launcher in 1.2 and robot tpu's are always the fast ones

NinjaGrinder said:
the free credit bug is still present in rev 1.2
we used to do it a lot back then hehe
u can do it losing or winning a round by time (Vs ermac. Noob or Mega endurance). it takes you right to the choose your destiny screen too.
Actually, you can't do it against Noob, cus you can't mercy or finish him.
And (as stated above) the endurance matches end up crashing the game, which is kinda cool.

An alternative to doing the mercy trick is to let someone join in while you're in the end match, kick that person's ass and let the timer run out. You'll be shot right back into the end match, and you don't have to do a mercy or anything, it just resets to the tower selection after you win.

NinjaGrinder

I said we used to do the trick with the "time out" way. not the mercy one. that's why I said Noob :wink:

and if you let someone join to do the trick, it's not that useful, since everyone liked to do it in the 1P mode, so they didn't need to insert another coin. you just win or lose a round by time (vs ermac, noob,or mega endurance) and when you win the match it will take you to the choose your destiny screen...

and frankie: you can do that vs a human opponent? (tlpt, auto combo) UNBLOCKABLE? I don't think so...