What's new

Guide Didn't Stand a Chance! - A Batgirl Guide

We should really look at Batgirls block strings. Since she has electric knuckles, simply abusing frame data all over the place is really helpful to her and can rack up damage. This can lead to nasty stuff in the corner.

Stuff like J1/J2- (jails) 1,1,3 (+5) 2,1 (11f start, +2 ob) F+2,1,2 (8f start, -4 oblock) then cancel into either redemption (+1 on block, back into more junk with a gap)... or cancel into Bat Evade->Dive Kick to punish attempts to mash out.

So, it'd be:
J1/J2
F+212 x BF3/DB33

Pretty sure all that together will do between 5-7 % in chip and gain a chunk of meter.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
We should really look at Batgirls block strings. Since she has electric knuckles, simply abusing frame data all over the place is really helpful to her and can rack up damage. This can lead to nasty stuff in the corner.

Stuff like J1/J2- (jails) 1,1,3 (+5) 2,1 (11f start, +2 ob) F+2,1,2 (8f start, -4 oblock) then cancel into either redemption (+1 on block, back into more junk with a gap)... or cancel into Bat Evade->Dive Kick to punish attempts to mash out.

So, it'd be:
J1/J2
F+212 x BF3/DB33

Pretty sure all that together will do between 5-7 % in chip and gain a chunk of meter.
J3 also jails but it's like +15 which means you get a free vortex attempt off a blocked J3. I only recently started incorporating that into my game and it has improved significantly.

J3 also jails but it's like +15 which means you get a free vortex attempt off a blocked J3. I only recently started incorporating that into my game and it has improved significantly.
Sure, but a vortex attempt either leaves you at -2 or -7 and only 2% chip done, and encourages D1 mashing.

If you only need to do 7% damage? This is a lot better, and the small gaps will really punish mashers, and maybe they will burn bar on pushblock.

Durango

Enhancer
Problems with Batgirl mirrors. How do you get out of her loop? DD3 seems to have no invincibility frames

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Problems with Batgirl mirrors. How do you get out of her loop? DD3 seems to have no invincibility frames
Batgirl or any other character can not get out as 111 on hit is a frame trap that forces you to block and guess correctly. The only way you don't have to respect this option is if the Batgirl player for whatever stupid reason decides to do a move that is 28 frames or higher.

22 advantage frames + 6 opponent's fastest startup frames = 28

AK Gookus

Slant-eyed Nightwing
Is there a specific interactable you're referring to? Cause she does plant bombs on them like gadgets do

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Question: Should you always go for the 50/50 or no?
If you can take their life bar, then take it. Usually after two vortexes, they're in the corner so I can get 50%+ and finish their life bar. Even if they're not, after two I generally go for a 40%+ damage combo which will still generally take their lifebar. That extra 12% or so is better than risking it and you an usually chip 'em out from there pretty easily. If it's last life bar and I'm behind however, I'll risk it.

So no, sometimes damage is better (especially in the corner where you can get ridiculous damage quite easily straight from the vortex).

Posted this in another thread, but figured i'd post it here for a bit more visibility, and maybe for it to be added into the guide since it can help your game and is free. We all know you can dash cancel bola, but what some people don't know if you still get the meter for the move even if you don't throw bola. With this knowledge, in any DD3 MB (smoke bomb) combo starer, instead of simply dashing forward dash cancel bola forward to build a little extra meter in the combo for free. Also maybe worth noting that it takes 13 dash cancelled bolas to build a bar.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Posted this in another thread, but figured i'd post it here for a bit more visibility, and maybe for it to be added into the guide since it can help your game and is free. We all know you can dash cancel bola, but what some people don't know if you still get the meter for the move even if you don't throw bola. With this knowledge, in any DD3 MB (smoke bomb) combo starer, instead of simply dashing forward dash cancel bola forward to build a little extra meter in the combo for free. Also maybe worth noting that it takes 13 dash cancelled bolas to build a bar.
Hmmm I seem to remember another character in MK who would dash cancel a special after getting you in a stagger....I just can't put my finger on it....;) nice find.

Sent from my iPhone

Can someone explain the vortex and the most optimized ways to set it up?
yeah man...
basically it goes like this. Anyway you can get them into a bola you jump in and do 111 which leaves you at so much advantage you get a free b2u3(overhead) or b12(low) launcher. There is no way out of this guessing game unless you batgirl player is slow at the input and lets the opponent dash. so....

for example a combo to start it would be like b2u3 b2u3 d2~bola ji2 111 (here is where they are reset and you get to choose your overhead or low string which they have to guess)

same with the low string...
b12 d2~bola ji2 111 (now they are reset and must guess)

There are other ways to get into the vortex. A lot of times you'll catch the opponent with an ex teleport in that case I do...

teleport(mb) b3 j2 d2~bola ji2 111 (reset)

Or the overhead low mixup of B2D3

b2d3~redemption(mb) b3(very tight timing) j2 d2~bola

Lots of ways to get into it but the whole idea is to hit them with 111 when they are grounded with the bola to reset them.

Oh and once they are in a juggle, the only way to connect the bola is to cancel it from an uppercut. It's the only thing that launches them high enough.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
yeah man...
basically it goes like this. Anyway you can get them into a bola you jump in and do 111 which leaves you at so much advantage you get a free b2u3(overhead) or b12(low) launcher. There is no way out of this guessing game unless you batgirl player is slow at the input and lets the opponent dash. so....

for example a combo to start it would be like b2u3 b2u3 d2~bola ji2 111 (here is where they are reset and you get to choose your overhead or low string which they have to guess)

same with the low string...
b12 d2~bola ji2 111 (now they are reset and must guess)

There are other ways to get into the vortex. A lot of times you'll catch the opponent with an ex teleport in that case I do...

teleport(mb) b3 j2 d2~bola ji2 111 (reset)

Or the overhead low mixup of B2D3

b2d3~redemption(mb) b3(very tight timing) j2 d2~bola

Lots of ways to get into it but the whole idea is to hit them with 111 when they are grounded with the bola to reset them.

Oh and once they are in a juggle, the only way to connect the bola is to cancel it from an uppercut. It's the only thing that launches them high enough.
Thank you! I have it down pat now. I usually go:

B1, MB redemption, B3, J3, D2, Bola, 111

B2D3, MB Redemption, B3, J3, D2, 111

That's with meter of course. Without I go with the simple

B12, D2, Bola

B2U3, D2, Bola.

There must be more damaging ways to set that up though without meter.

Thank you! I have it down pat now. I usually go:

B1, MB redemption, B3, J3, D2, Bola, 111

B2D3, MB Redemption, B3, J3, D2, 111

That's with meter of course. Without I go with the simple

B12, D2, Bola

B2U3, D2, Bola.

There must be more damaging ways to set that up though without meter.
anytime you hit them with b2u3 you can repeat b2u3 then d2 bola for more damange than just one b2u3...same with b12, you can do a b2u3 after it but the timing is stricter on the d2 bola