What's new

Did NRS make flippin out accidentally godlike?

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
this might seem like a stretch because this move was arguably the worst move in the game for over a year now but with the buffs it recieved recently it might be really good now actually

why you might wonder? because not only is it much faster now but when you make the first shot whiff and only the second shot connects it's actually only -3.
what that means is that this can solve cassies biggest problem, being punishable after 111.

here is what I mean:

while it still starts up very slow, no button in the game seems fast enough to interrupt her cancelling 111 into flippin out. the only way I found to punish it is to backdash cancel immediatly into block to make the first shot connect so cassie is -14. if not, cassie is -3 with the best possible position she can have, right at the tip of her f4.

to negate the possibility that your opponent backdashes you can just use the far version, this way only a few character can punish it by reversal forward dash into fast special like lius flying kick for example.

this only works midscreen though. I don't know how legit it is, maybe I overlooked something but right now it seems to have only little counterplay.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
this might seem like a stretch because this move was arguably the worst move in the game for over a year now but with the buffs it recieved recently it might be really good now actually

why you might wonder? because not only is it much faster now but when you make the first shot whiff and only the second shot connects it's actually only -3.
what that means is that this can solve cassies biggest problem, being punishable after 111.

here is what I mean:

while it still starts up very slow, no button in the game seems fast enough to interrupt her cancelling 111 into flippin out. the only way I found to punish it is to backdash cancel immediatly into block to make the first shot connect so cassie is -14. if not, cassie is -3 with the best possible position she can have, right at the tip of her f4.

to negate the possibility that your opponent backdashes you can just use the far version, this way only a few character can punish it by reversal forward dash into fast special like lius flying kick for example.

this only works midscreen though. I don't know how legit it is, maybe I overlooked something but right now it seems to have only little counterplay.
The list of characters I'd like to play, but probably won't is getting longer

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I ran into Semijj in KL and he was doing it like crazy and I was wondering why I couldn't punish. This move is gonna make it a pain to keep Cassie cornered.

Blewdew

I ran into Semijj in KL and he was doing it like crazy and I was wondering why I couldn't punish. This move is gonna make it a pain to keep Cassie cornered.
Yeah not only is it not punishable, it‘s also only -3 so I imagine you can get away with a lot of bs after it

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
It’s just funny with the way NRS balances things. Her glow kick was too strong because it made her safe after strings and changed positions so they nerfed it. Then....

enter flipping out buff... that keeps things safe and switches sides

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad they buffed it, but I feel like it could have been accomplished in a different way.

No characters should be punishable with the main jab-punisher string. But instead of making 111 about -3 or -4 on block NRS decided to give her this.
Paulo plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Blewdew

I love this patch. People saying nothing changed aren't seeing stuff like this.
that's true. I also think that the changes to sups OD make it wayyyy better than people seem to realize. there is a lot of great stuff hidden in the patch notes

It’s just funny with the way NRS balances things. Her glow kick was too strong because it made her safe after strings and changed positions so they nerfed it. Then....

enter flipping out buff... that keeps things safe and switches sides

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad they buffed it, but I feel like it could have been accomplished in a different way.
yup. amp glow kick was still better imo since it connected after 111 as a combo which isn't the case for flippin out and flippin always whiffs completely in the corner but it's still very useful now. it's like 75% of pre patch glow kick but meterless.

i like this buff. she needed her safety back. being unsafe is no bueno.
yes. seems like yaas queen is now her only variation that can't make her 111 safe.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
I've been using it more often to close distance against zoning because it's faster but this is actually hype. I'm gonna have to work this into my gameplan now. Thanks for this.

Wigy

There it is...
I love this patch. People saying nothing changed aren't seeing stuff like this.
if this is the kind of sweeping amazing change we get after small patches with 4 months between i dont think it proves much.

it is good though by the looks of it.

Blewdew

if this is the kind of sweeping amazing change we get after small patches with 4 months between i dont think it proves much.

But what sweeping amazing change are you expecting at this point? The game already had good balance so big buffs or nerfs won‘t happen anymore. This patch actually did a lot in terms of buffing shitty variations and make them viable like Shao kahns, nightwolf, cassies and Kollektors v3. And things like the flippin out buff might seem small but for Cassie it‘s actually huge because her only downside was that 111 was punishable which is solved now.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator

When nothing is good enough that tends to be the mindset. Thankfully NRS is doing their thing instead of relying on the initiative of others. The buffs Jade got change so much for her too but let Jade players tell you it was useless or how Erron's third variation got added to the game and only the observant appreciate it. The list goes on and on. I like the game and I'm thankful NRS is introducing incremental meta changes instead of throwing a bunch of meta changes that everyone will still whine about anyway.

Wigy

There it is...
When nothing is good enough that tends to be the mindset. Thankfully NRS is doing their thing instead of relying on the initiative of others. The buffs Jade got change so much for her too but let Jade players tell you it was useless or how Erron's third variation got added to the game and only the observant appreciate it. The list goes on and on. I like the game and I'm thankful NRS is introducing incremental meta changes instead of throwing a bunch of meta changes that everyone will still whine about anyway.
I encourage you to enjoy the game if you do. Its my opinion the changes have been too small and infrequent thats all. I just get annoyed every patch seeing them fix tower bugs when v1 frost has been unusable since day 1.

Last edited:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
So, before the patch you could use it if they would break away and you'd sort of get oki? Sort of. I imagine now it's a bit better for that, did you test that?

Blewdew

So, before the patch you could use it if they would break away and you'd sort of get oki? Sort of. I imagine now it's a bit better for that, did you test that?
Nah can you elobrate more on that? I didn‘t know this move had any purpose at all pre patch but I can take a look at it if I know how it worked before

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Basically all it did was if you read the breakaway, you flipped out and it would but you really close to them, like right next to them and now that it recovers faster you probably have oki for a grab.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
Does not work with Shao Kahn. I got butt fucked by a Shao for trying to make the 111 safe lol.