What's new

Strategy 'Diamond Cutter' -Vortex utilizing 122 ender/Many new setups w/ multiple options

|| Syrnia

Siiren's Servant;Burns The Midnight Oil
I am back once again from a long hiatus to give Catwoman players new setups and combos based on the 122 ender. Since the patch, Catwoman has significantly improved her vortex game and her overhead/low pressure but I'm sure most of you know that. F1 is now an overhead which means that people have to fuzzy guard between low/overhead when Catwoman has the vortex started. Be warned that some wakeup attacks can beat her but it's your job to find them, react or punish accordingly.

*Credit goes to RapZiLLa54 for the 122 ender

Without further delay I present the 'Diamond Cutter' Vortex. These are combos I use and are my personal recommendations for the 122 ender. Keep in mind you can always use the Double F3 if you feel comfortable using them, but sadly I haven't seen anyone use them lol

Ji1/Ji2 will add 1-3% so I won't start the combo with them for true damage.

Combo 1: Full Punish combo with F3 whiff ending in 122
-B12D3 xx Cat Dash xx (dash) F2D31 xx B2 xx Cat Dash MB xx B3 xx F3 (1hit) xx 122
Damage: 43%
Position: In front, hard knockdown
Difficulty: 6
Mixups: Allows for B12D3 by walking forward a bit, F1 for overhead, dash B2, Jump crossup or throw
-Note: This combo does not work on everyone as the characters have different hitboxes which makes the F3 hit twice. Experiment on which characters you can do this on

Combo 2: Full Punish involving Double F3 with 122 ender
-B12D3 xx Cat Dash or Claws xx B3 xx F3 (1hit) xx F3 (1hit) xx F2 xx Cat Dash MB xx 1(whiff)22
Damage: 45%, 47% with Claws
Position: In front, hard knockdown
Difficulty: 8
Mixups: Same as combo 1
-Note: This combo by far has the most damage and is also the hardest to do thanks to Double F3s but with practice anyone should be able to do this. Works on every character!

Combo 3: Full Punish involving F3 whiff w/ B2 ending in 122
-B12D3 xx Cat Dash or Claws xx B3 xx F3 (1hit) xx B2 xx Cat Dash MB xx 1(whiff)22
Damage: 41%, 43% with Claws
Position: Front, hard knockdown
Difficulty: 5
Mixups: Same as combo 1 except Jump Crossup does not hit but I could be wrong
-Note: I developed this combo to compete with Double F3s damage so instead of doing 2 F3s you can do F3 xx B2 for damage around 39-42%. It is also easier to do than Double F3s! Works on every character

*As with most of these combos you can substitute the starter depending on the position you're in and the opponent you play to react accordingly. These are just full punishes, you may use 112, D1 xx Cat Claws, 2D2, etc.

As a gift for reading this I will put my setup combo using my own tech the 'Cat Dash Surprise'. Feel free to use this sparingly as it will only work if the opponent doesn't know about it, hasn't seen it or is not using wakeup moves.

Bonus: Any starter
- Any Starter~ xx Cat Dash or Claws xx B3 xx F3 (1hit) xx F3 (1hit) xx F2 xx Cat Dash MB xx Cat Dash xx Delayed Cat Dash for crossup hit
Damage: Varies
Position: Punishable if blocked or whiffed. Not a hard knockdown
Difficulty: 7
Mixup: Cross up Cat Dash
-Note: To get this combo you must know the timing of when the character gets up off the ground and time the Cat Dash to hit as a crossup. Done right, the opponent's only option is to block by crouching.

** If I forgot to mention anybody please feel free to tell me lol

That's all for now so get out there and experiment with Catwoman!