What's new

DGR: Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks Finds and Research

Nekorun

Owner of DeepGamingResearch
Hey everyone, Looks like I'm back with a few new finds for MK:SM. Now I know some of these have already been found by other hackers years ago but not all of them. I decided to dig deep into the memory of MK:SM and I found out that there are 236 Maps on the game disk 12 of which are called "Extra Map" in the memory. I haven't been able to access the extra maps yet but I will update this post when I can. Check it out below:

I also found a debug menu hidden within the front end menu.

I've only been able to access this menu in game a hand full of times and it doesn't seem too stable in the final build most options softlock the game upon access but I will try to find a work around and report back as soon as I can (With my 6 days a week work schedule it may be a while :) )

This last one will be the longest section but there is no way to shorten it without taking out vital parts.
While I was digging through the memory and trying to make the debug menu more stable I came across a list of every single Character that can be used in the Player slot. This is a very long list that consist of playable characters, NPCs,Bosses (Used and Unused) and animals yes you can play as a snake and a crow XD
These will be in order that they are found in the memory of the game. All are playable but some softlock the game if special moves are used. Any duplicates you notice are actually in the memory though I'm not sure why unless the devs used different models for cutscenes or something.

MK_ShaolinMonks_characterselectgif.gif

All Character Slots in order of memory appearance

Liu Kang

Kung Lao

Null (Banshee)

Null (Cannon Demon)

Clay Soldier

Null (Armor Lion)

Null (Ninja)

Null (Female Ninja)

Bloody Skeleton

Black Dragon Merc

Demon Captain

Demon General

Demon Archer

Demon Handler

Tarkata

Oni

Red Dragon Merc

Brother of Shadow

Putrid Corpse

Elemental Knight

Null (Ninja Wraith)

Null (Plains Snake)

Hanging Corpse

Null (Shiva)

Null (Chan Chan)

Null (Turban Guard)

Mask Guard

Shadow Priest

Null (Green Tarkata)

Undead Corpse

Orochi Hellbeast

Null (Shokan)

Null

Null

Null (Nagiri Swamp)

Null

Oni Warlord

Null

Null (Spirit Mask Basic)

Giant Wings

Crow

Living Tree Mouth

Living Tree Arms

Bat

Snake

Skull

Goro

Null (Tentacle)

Null (Snake Boss Rider)

Acid Snake

Null (Tiger Boss)

Scorpion

Noob Saibot

Kano

Inferno Scorpion

Baraka

Goro

Kintaro

Reptile

Null (Ice Boss)

Null (Wind Boss)

Shang Tsung (Old)

Shang Tsung (Young)

Shao Khan

Kitana

Mileena

Jade

Ermac

Sub-Zero

Smoke

Johnny Cage

Raiden

Kabal

Jax

Sonya

Burning Monk

Order of Light Monk

Null (Tortured Person)

Null (Dismembered Body)

Kintaro

Scorpion

Baraka

Reptile

Ermac

Stone Johnny Cage

Null (Tarkata Grunt)

Sub-Zero

Kitana

Johnny Cage

That's all I've got so far folks though I just started messing around with MK:SM about a week ago so I've feeling that they will be a lot finds posted here before long. As always thanks for your time and I look forward to reading your replies below.
MK_ShaolinMonks.jpg

Attachments

STB Damashi

SmallBurntEarths
This is fucking amazing. I can't believe people are still messing around with the 3D Era MK games. I personally loved MK Deception; its konquest mode, Chess Kombat, and Puzzle Kombat make the game all the more memorable and it is my favorite MK. Shaolin Monks was definitely badass as well and I remember finding some guy messing around with the SM recently as well:

It should be interesting to see what sort of things you can do with the game now.

Nekorun

This is fucking amazing. I can't believe people are still messing around with the 3D Era MK games. I personally loved MK Deception; its konquest mode, Chess Kombat, and Puzzle Kombat make the game all the more memorable and it is my favorite MK. Shaolin Monks was definitely badass as well and I remember finding some guy messing around with the SM recently as well:

It should be interesting to see what sort of things you can do with the game now.
Thanks, glad you like the article. Right now I'm trying to get the debug menu to be more stable and trying to forceload the extra maps.

Nekorun

I used to use actionreplay to play as Kitana on the story mode.
This is in the same vein as that but a little bit more complicated. Okay maybe "Little bit" may be an understatement XD but I'm just doing this for fun and to see what else I can dig out of the game.