What's new

Strategy Detailed Wonder Woman Guide: For beginners and advanced

If I make another guide like this, who would you like to see?

• Zod

• Martian Manhunter

• Batman

• Flash

• Aquaman

• Wait until MKX to do another guide

Results are only viewable after voting.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing

Lasso Stance

Midscreen

Midscreen you have two options for your BnB, there are many different combo starters but the combo always ends the same basically no matter what the starter is. Your combo starters for Wonder Woman are:
B113
D2
Lasso Spin (DB3)
I will call these Starters

So these are your midscreen BnB's:

Starter, 23, B3, dash forward, F3.
This leads to around a 20-30% combo usually, but it gives you a great setup because your opponent is at a hard knockdown right under your feet. You can either overhead (B2), low (33), or crossover (F3). You can also delay the F3 to make it NOT crossover and psyche out your opponent.

Here are videos showcasing this BnB, and some follow ups after the hard knockdown this setup grants:

Starter, 23, B3, J3, B113~DF1
This leads to around a 30-40% combo usually, it's your highest damage but you don't get the setup after it unless it puts them in the corner. If you are midscreen but you know this combo will put your opponent into the corner, go for this combo instead of the above first BnB. If your opponent is still midsreen after you perform this BnB your best option is to either dash forward twice and pressure/bait their wake up, or dash forward once then jump air dash and try to crossover J1/J3 or not crossover J1/J3

Here is a video showing the high damage BnB with all of the combo starters:

Some other combo starters

Keep in mind you know that the low (33) will almost always grant more damage then the overhead (B2) in almost all combos and situations. If you hit your opponent with 33 anywhere on the screen, you are getting around 40% meterless guaranteed. If you hit your opponent with B2 in the corner you can net around 33% but if you hit your opponent with B2 midscreen you are only going to net around 18% with B2~DF1, or around 25% with B2, 23, dash forward, D1, B113~DF1. You can get high damage with B2 midscreen by doing B2~background bounce, B3, J3, B1, B113~lasso. Or without a background bounce you can do B2~MB b3 (bounce cancel), J3, B1, B113~DF1.

This video will show you your best options after hitting an opponent midscreen with B2:

Your best normals for punishing your opponents attacks are 1 and D1. Standing 1 is 8 frames and a high attack, D1 is 6 frames and a mid attack. So if your opponent does something on block -8 or more, you can do 11~DB3, then BnB of your choice. If somebody does something on block -6 or more, or if you just so happened to throw out your poke for a whiff punish or a guess and hit your opponent, you can do D1~DB3, BnB of your choice. If you have want to be able to hit confirm the combo and/or want to take out more damage, you can use a bar of meter to D12~MB tiara (BF2) then BnB of your choice.

Corner

In the corner is where Wonder Woman shines, she has one of the deadliest corner games out of all the characters in the cast. When playing as Wonder Woman, your whole gameplan is essentially to somehow get your opponent into the corner and have your way with them.
When you have your opponent in the corner, end every single combo with Lasso (DF1) and never meter burn that attack unless it's going to finish their life bar. After you hit somebody with DF1 in the corner, they have to guess 33/33/33 which means a 3 way guess. You could either do an overhead (B2) or a low (33) or a crossover (F3). You can also delay the F3 to NOT crossover and play mind games. So your opponent has a 1 in 3 chance of guessing right, and if they guess wrong they lose at least 30% or more and are put into the same exact situation in which they have to guess again. So here is what you do for each option after hitting your opponent with DF1 in the corner:

Low: 33, B1, B1, B113, B113~DF1. This is a 40% combo

Overhead: B2, D12, B113, B113~DF1. This is a 33% combo

Crossover: F3, D2, dash under to put them back into the corner (if necessary, sometimes the F3 crosses up but you still keep your opponent in the corner), B1, B113, B113~DF1. 32%

All three of these above combos are meterless and take out a decent amount of damage. But also they all end in DF1 which gives a hard knockdown, which makes your opponent have to guess again which one you're going to do. If you keep guessing right you can keep your opponent in a corner combo the whole match.

Here is a video of mixups being performed after DF1 on hit in the corner:

Another option after hitting your opponent with DF1 in the corner is your OTG, jump in the air and press DB3. You can either make the DB3 cross over or not cross over, so it's a 50/50 guess for your opponent. If you jump straight up and OTG most likely it won't cross over, if you jump forward and OTG most likely it will cross over. Play around with the timings of slightly jumping forward just little bit to make the OTG ambiguous of what side it is going to hit. Either way it's safe because it is frame advantage on block and hit, it's around +3 on block and around +9 on hit. If you hit your opponent with with the OTG you are at +9 frame advantage which means they HAVE to block your 33 (low), instant J1~DB3 (overhead), or they HAVE to tech your throw. So you are left with alot of options if you hit your opponent with jump DB3. So after you hit them with your OTG, they have to block a 50/50. Wonder Woman is all about them 50/50's and mind games. If you hit your opponent with the OTG and try to go for a B2, it's slow enough that they can poke out of it. So that's why you have to go for instant jump 1 which is faster and also an overhead, then you cancel that instant jump 1 into a DB3 which can reset the situation and put you at +12 again if you guess right.

This video will first show you the non cross up OTG, then the cross up OTG:

All the above about Diana's corner game is implying that your opponent is trying to block your mixups when they are knocked down, instead of trying to wake up. To bait wake ups you have alot of options such as MB F3, J3, jump back J3, jump up air dash backwards J3, simply block the wake up and punish. If you simply don't want to worry about wake ups you can jump DB3 for the OTG that guarantees that they cannot wake up at all. If you hit your opponent with a J3 in the corner, do: J3, D12, B113, B113~DF1.

Important strategies to remember

Wonder Woman has great footsies. B2 is a really good footsie tool that checks alot of people, it's an overhead that reaches your opponent at the start of the match and is safe on block. B1 reaches decently far as well, which is frame advantage on block. If your opponent blocks a B1 or B11 from Wonder Woman, they HAVE to respect your D1. If they mash buttons your D1 will beat them which you can convert into a BnB of your choice. Once they start respecting D1 after blocking your B1 or B11, you can start trying to mix them up with 33 (low) and B2 (overhead). Your 33 is also frame advantage on block, they have to respect D1 after blocking 33 as well.

D2 is an important tool. Your uppercut can anti air almost any opponent in the cast jumping at you, and you can almost always convert a D2 on hit into decent damage or a vortex/setup. D2 can also catch opponents forward dashing at you and D2 is decently safe on block if spaced out. Another little trick that may come in handy if you don't want you opponent to clash after you hit them with D2, jump as they are falling and DB3 OTG them. You can make the OTG either cross up or not cross up. You can also do this after of any of Wonder Woman's pop ups, including 33, B113, lasso spin and others. Just let them fall and OTG them to stop them from wagering.

Alongside great footsies, you have awesome mobility as well. Your forward dash covers alot of ground quickly and recovers pretty fast. There are many times you can predict your opponent's backdashes, then forward dash and B1 and it will actually PUNISH their backdash. You get a pretty hefty punish off of B1, or frame advantage if they block it.

Her mobility isn't just restricted to the ground, Diana has amazing air mobility with her air dashes as well. She controls space proficiently with J3. J3 has such a huge hitbox, and the hitbox of J3 reaches much farther then Diana's hurtbox which makes it extremely difficult to try to anti air Wonder Woman J3'ing at you. It also makes it pretty challenging for an opponent to get in on Diana constantly jumping back and J3'ing, especially when you mix it in with an air dash here and there.

Airdashing over your opponent's head with J3 or J1 can give you some ambiguous crossups and non crossups. After you opponent blocks a J1 you can try to go for a mixup with 33 (low) or B2 (overhead), or for an easy hit confirm you can always do J1 into B113. If you hit your opponent with a J3 you can easily hit confirm D12~DF1, or for something more advanced you can do 23, dash forward, D1, B113~DF1. If you want to get alot of damage off of a J3 on hit you can do 23~MB B3 (bounce cancel), J3, B113~DF1 which gives about 50% damage.

A video showcasing J3 combos:

When playing Wonder Woman it is crucial to know her Super setups. If you hit your opponent with B2, you can trait-cancel the B2 into Shield Stance and hit confirm your Super. If the B2 hit your opponent just execute your Super, if your opponent blocked the B2 you can either Shield Bash (BF3) or just switch back into Lasso stance or wait to see what your opponent does. It takes a while to get used to reacting to the B2 hitting your opponent, but after doing it for a while you get used to it. It's really nice because it leads to somewhere around 40% unclashable damage. You can also do 3~trait cancel~Super which is even harder to hit confirm but it's a low that leads into your Super for near 40% clashable damage.

What it looks like trying to hit-confirm B2 into Super:

Your Parry (DB1) is one of the best in the game, because not only does it parry attacks but it also parries projectiles as well. You take 0 damage when parrying any attack or projectile. When you parry a projectile, you recover quicker then you would if you blocked it. This is really good for getting in on opponents trying to zone you, or just sitting across the screen against zoners parrying all their projectiles taking 0 damage and just gaining meter.

Wonder Woman probably has the best D3 in the game. It is a low attack with decent range, it's safe on block, and the best part about it is it makes her hurtbox ridiculously small. She can D3 under many attacks in the game that normally can't even be crouched under, for example Batman's batarangs. She also avoids certain interactables like the pig on Joker's Asylum.

Low profiling interactables with D3, also punishing wakeups with D3:

A neat little trick to know after your opponent blocks B113, 33, or 11 is you can trait-cancel into Shield Stance then do Shield Bash (BF3) and Meter Burn it to be at frame advantage. This is NOT interruptable your opponent is forced to block the Shield Bash. So that means you can hit confirm the the B113 or 33 into a full combo, or block confirm them into trait cancel Shield Bash.

Shield Stance

When you use Wonder Woman's trait and switch to her Shield Stance, her gameplay changes pretty interestingly. You only take 1/3 chip in Shield Stance, meaning if you block an attack that normally takes 1% chip damage, it will only take 0.33% chip damage instead. This is really good for minimizing chip damage from attacks such as Aquaman's trident rush, or if you wanna take less chip from zoning characters like Raven in trait or Sinestro or Zod etc.

Video showing reduced chip from Shield Stance:

Her mobility is decreased heavily which is a downside, your dashes have much less range and more recovery and you can no longer air dash. You are basically a slow walking mini tank in this stance.

Midscreen

There really aren't too many combos midscreen in Shield Stance. The best tactic you can do for damage is cancel a normal on hit into lasso stance and continue the combo from there. For example if you hit your opponent with J2, 22...... you can hit confirm that 22 and trait cancel back to Lasso Stance, then finish the combo with MB Tiara, B113, 23, B3, J3, B113~DF1 for about 45% damage. There are alot of normals in Shield Stance you can trait cancel on hit into MB tiara for big damage, go in practice mode and test them all. The main normals you will be trait canceling will be B2 (low attack) and 22 (mid attack that's easy to hit confirm).

Sword Stance cancels into Lasso Stance combos:

Corner

Generally when you corner your opponent your going to want to switch back to Lasso Stance as soon as possible, so you can start hitting your opponent with Lasso Stance mixups and frame traps in the corner. That's Wonder Woman's most dominate strategy. But there are also some uses for Shield Stance in the corner. You have good mixups in B21 and B23. B21 is a low attack into an overhead that leads to a hard knockdown, B23 is a low attack followed by another low attack. Also you can try to fish for B2 trait cancels on hit for big damage, if you catch your opponent in the corner with it do B2~trait cancel~MB Tiara, B113, B1, B1, B113, B113~DF1 which will net you 45% damage. If you do B2~trait cancel and your opponent blocks, you can just perform a B2 or 33 in Lasso Stance (this strategy is interruptable, but it catches alot of people off guard because they are expecting B21 or B23 from Shield Stance.)

Go-to corner combo from Shield Stance:

There are Shield Stance combos in the corner, normally I wouldn't advice them because you want to switch to Lasso Stance as soon as possible in the corner. But there are certain situations where these combos are called upon to perform, so here they are:

11B1~Shield Bash (BF3), 11B1, 11B1, 11B1, 11B1, F12~Parry. This will give you near 50% damage.

Starting from Lasso Stance: Any combo starter, 23~trait cancel, 11B1, 11B1, 11B1, 11B1, F12~Parry.

The combos listed above:

F1 is your quickest punisher in Shield Stance at 6 frames, so if your opponent does something -6 or more on block you can F12~trait cancel~MB tiara, B113, 23, B3, J3, B113~DF1 for a hefty punish around 40%.

Wonder Woman's D1 is works extremely well in Shield Stance. 7 frame start up and +3 on block. If you keep mashing D1 it's a frame trap, there is nothing your opponent can do to interrupt it besides quick parries or supers.

D2 in Shield Stance is actually deceptively good, it's almost as effective as D2 in Lasso Stance. It anti airs many jump attacks in the game. If you hit your opponent with a D2 in Shield Stance, you can trait cancel that D2 into Lasso Stance then 23, B3, J3, B113~DF1 for a nice conversion.

MB Shield Bash (BF3) is a really good tool, after hitting your opponent with the first Shield Bash you can delay the meter burn (Similar to Doomsday's Shoulder) which catches people off guard sometimes. If you meter burn it you are at frame advantage and they HAVE to block another Shield Bash. If you don't meter burn it then it's unsafe, but sometimes you can get away with it because your opponent is expecting the delayed meter burn. Once your opponent starts respecting your frame advantage from MB BF3, you can start fishing for B2's or safe jump 2 pressure.

Shield throws can keep your opponent at bay if you are trying to just play lame and stay away until time runs out. BF2 Shield Throw is decently fast and if meter burned you can get a full combo (similar to MB Tiara in Lasso Stance.) Jumping back and throwing shield propels Wonder Woman back slightly while throwing the shield downwards at your opponent, catching dash ins. You have a parry in this stance as well but it doesn't parry projectiles, only attacks.

You can trait cancel B2 into super, the same way you do in Lasso Stance. B2~trait cancel~super. It takes some practice to hit confirm but you will get it down eventually. If your opponent blocked the B2~trait cancel then you can try to go for a B2 in Lasso Stance or simply stand there and block and try to bait a reaction from your opponent.

Well I hope this guide helped guys. If somebody could make short video recordings of some of the combos or strategies in the OP that would be amazing and I will happily add them to the OP. If you want we can use thread to also talk about matchup specific tactics, I might add that to the OP as well. Also what you see here is definitely not the end of it, I will randomly be adding things here and there every now and again. I might actually put up a matchup chart and detailed explanations for each matchup. Have fun with the Princess of the Amazons! :D

P.S. Thank you @DarksydeDash for recording all the videos! Really awesome of you. This guide is official now lol

promoted by STORMS*

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

Nicely done, King. I've always been interested in Wonder Woman, but I just never bothered trying to learn her. This just might fix that. =)

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
1. Thanks for the tag :(
2. Wonder Woman doesn't have a B22 in Shield, it's B23.
3. Nvm it's +4 though not +3.
4. Why not just do B2, 23, B113, B113~df1 in the corner?
5. I wouldn't count Lasso Spin as a starter...change that to D1~Lasso Spin.

Sloppy work King :joker:

Last edited:

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I won't be picking up Wonder Woman or Injustice anytime soon, but I still support this thread. It's nice to see some more content come out for the games you(we) are passionate about. Thanks for taking the time to do a guide King. Now fix those errors up there that Youphemism picked out. :p

ForeverKing

1. Thanks for the tag :(
2. Wonder Woman doesn't have a B22 in Shield, it's B23.
3. I think her Shield D1 is actually neutral, not +3. I think the frame data used to be wrong.
4. Why not just do B2, 23, B113, B113~df1 in the corner?
5. I wouldn't count Lasso Spin as a starter...change that to D1~Lasso Spin.

Sloppy work King :joker:
1. My B, I thought you were mostly Batgirl haha I forgot :p
2. Thanks! I can't believe I forgot that lol fixed
3. I'm gonna have to test that, I'm not sure
4. B2, D12, B113, B113~DF1 is 10x easier than that combo and the difference in damage is maybe only 1%
5. I put Lasso Spin as a starter because you can do D1~Lasso Spin, 11~Lasso Spin, wake up Lasso Spin, etc.

DarkFire*

Your halo is mine.
Sexy guide is sexy. I'm interested by the "you'll add random stuff here and there" cuz I don't really see anything else that you can add to it lol that's how detailed it is! Fantastic work tho bro, I kinda wanna start giving her more attention now :D maybe main Wonder Woman and side Zatanna instead of the other way around lol

ForeverKing

Sexy guide is sexy. I'm interested by the "you'll add random stuff here and there" cuz I don't really see anything else that you can add to it lol that's how detailed it is! Fantastic work tho bro, I kinda wanna start giving her more attention now :D maybe main Wonder Woman and side Zatanna instead of the other way around lol
No your Zatanna is good stick with that main lol. But thanks bro

DarkFire*

Your halo is mine.
No your Zatanna is good stick with that main lol. But thanks bro
Lol thanks brah I guess I can do that :) this guide just makes me want to use Wonder Woman way more than I do now haha

I only have one thing to point out (or ask rather), how can you judge the distance of the DB3 OTG in the corner to make it cross over or not? Or is it one of those instances where not even you (the player) will know if it's gonna cross up or not :p

ForeverKing

Lol thanks brah I guess I can do that :) this guide just makes me want to use Wonder Woman way more than I do now haha

I only have one thing to point out (or ask rather), how can you judge the distance of the DB3 OTG in the corner to make it cross over or not? Or is it one of those instances where not even you (the player) will know if it's gonna cross up or not :p
If you jump straight up and OTG most likely it won't cross over, if you jump forward and OTG most likely it will cross over. I'm gonna add that to the OP thanks

DarkFire*

Your halo is mine.
If you jump straight up and OTG most likely it won't cross over, if you jump forward and OTG most likely it will cross over. I'm gonna add that to the OP thanks
No prob, and does this go for midscreen too? Cause you mentioned the d2 into the OTG for midscreen unclashable, but I would think the timing is stricter. But IMO you may be better off just letting them clash unless the OTG will chip them out or you have less meter than your opponent haha. But you'll almost always have more meter since she gets plenty of damage meterless anyway, so if you want just wager meter in the clash to get damage. Her special moves for the most part are better off being the non-MB version too (DF1, DB3 OTG, DF3), the only exceptions I can think of are Tiara and Shield Bash, but once you get them in the corner (where she really shines) both of those moves are pretty much obsolete, as you're gonna be using DF1 and either the DB3 OTG or B2/F3/33 to keep vortexing them lol

Youphemism

@FOREVER KING frame data says her Shield D1 is +4 but it also says her Shield B21 is only -4 when it's clearly not lmao. So I'm unsure about using the frame data to help but her D1 seems to be +4, it was beating out corp charge every time.

Also on revision of your work B113~4~BF3MB is not interruptable unless you delay/mistime the BF3 so you can edit that part :p you may also want to mention in the part about her B21 and B23 mixup that although B23 (low, low) is safe at -4, B21 (low, overhead) isn't since it's -8 but it's an awkward punish since there's so much blockstun.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
@FOREVER KING frame data says her Shield D1 is +4 but it also says her Shield B21 is only -4 when it's clearly not lmao. So I'm unsure about using the frame data to help but her D1 seems to be +4, it was beating out corp charge every time.

Also on revision of your work B113~4~BF3MB is not interruptable unless you delay/mistime the BF3 so you can edit that part :p you may also want to mention in the part about her B21 and B23 mixup that although B23 (low, low) is safe at -4, B21 (low, overhead) isn't since it's -8 but it's an awkward punish since there's so much blockstun.
You can interrupt B113~4~Shield bash with some characters! But canceling trait into parry beats it.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Yeah kinda surprised me and @Drizzle weren't tagged for the sole reason that we also have contributed to the WW community a fair amount.

That aside:

-D1 in lasso is 6f
-Her OTG on hit means nothing, they still don't have to respect anything unless you jail them with a d1, 23, or b1. You're both left to guess what to follow up with
-on block, they still aren't trapped unless they press buttons. Backdashing and armoring through is always an answer they have
-in sword stance, you can get midscreen combos with a b3 that isn't a bounce cancel
-b113, 11 and 33 can't be interrupted by anyone unless you missed time canceling into stance switch into shield bash

I'm still working on the guide as a whole currently, but the only part I could give out as a sneak peek was for 11 in lasso

IGAU Dirty Diana Character Breakdown Peek (Entrap…:

Youphemism

You can interrupt B113~4~Shield bash with some characters! But canceling trait into parry beats it.
Which characters? As I said, I'm pretty sure it's only uninterruptable if you mistime or delay the Shield Bash. I'm testing it right now and I can't even get into the air in the gap which tells me it's only 3 or 4 frames. If I'm wrong then by all means explain but it doesn't seem that way from testing :S

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Which characters? As I said, I'm pretty sure it's only uninterruptable if you mistime or delay the Shield Bash. I'm testing it right now and I can't even get into the air in the gap which tells me it's only 3 or 4 frames. If I'm wrong then by all means explain but it doesn't seem that way from testing :S
Theo used to poke me out of it with Aquaman's D1. I think characters with fast and long D1's can poke out of it. I'll test it now.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
No you stay with Z you inspire me so much. If anything, mayve you should make a guide for her too! Talk about matchups and strats, etc.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.

Lasso Stance

Midscreen

Midscreen you have two options for your BnB, there are many different combo starters but the combo always ends the same basically no matter what the starter is. Your combo starters for Wonder Woman are:
B113
D2
Lasso Spin (DB3)
I will call these Starters

So these are your midscreen BnB's:

Starter, 23, B3, dash forward, F3.
This leads to around a 20-30% combo usually, but it gives you a great setup because your opponent is at a hard knockdown right under your feet. You can either overhead (B2), low (33), or crossover (F3). You can also delay the F3 to make it NOT crossover and psyche out your opponent.

Starter, 23, B3, J3, B113~DF1
This leads to around a 30-40% combo usually, it's your highest damage but you don't get the setup after it unless it puts them in the corner. If you are midscreen but you know this combo will put your opponent into the corner, go for this combo instead of the above first BnB. If your opponent is still midsreen after you perform this BnB your best option is to either dash forward twice and pressure/bait their wake up, or dash forward once then jump air dash and try to crossover J1/J3 or not crossover J1/J3

Keep in mind you know that the low (33) will almost always grant more damage then the overhead (B2) in almost all combos and situations. If you hit your opponent with 33 anywhere on the screen, you are getting around 40% meterless guaranteed. If you hit your opponent with B2 in the corner you can net around 33% but if you hit your opponent with B2 midscreen you are only going to net around 18% with B2~DF1, or around 25% with B2, 23, dash forward, D1, B113~DF1. You can get high damage with B2 midscreen by doing B2~background bounce, B3, J3, B1, B113~lasso. Or without a background bounce you can do B2~MB b3 (bounce cancel), J3, B1, B113~DF1.

Your best normals for punishing your opponents attacks are 1 and D1. Standing 1 is 8 frames and a high attack, D1 is 7 frames and a mid attack. So if your opponent does something on block -8 or more, you can do 11~DB3, then BnB of your choice. If somebody does something on block -7 or more, or if you just so happened to throw out your poke for a whiff punish or a guess and hit your opponent, you can do D1~DB3, BnB of your choice. If you have want to be able to hit confirm the combo and/or want to take out more damage, you can use a bar of meter to D12~MB tiara (BF2) then BnB of your choice.

Corner

In the corner is where Wonder Woman shines, she has one of the deadliest corner games out of all the characters in the cast. When playing as Wonder Woman, your whole gameplan is essentially to somehow get your opponent into the corner and have your way with them.
When you have your opponent in the corner, end every single combo with Lasso (DF1) and never meter burn that attack unless it's going to finish their life bar. After you hit somebody with DF1 in the corner, they have to guess 33/33/33 which means a 3 way guess. You could either do an overhead (B2) or a low (33) or a crossover (F3). You can also delay the F3 to NOT crossover and play mind games. So your opponent has a 1 in 3 chance of guessing right, and if they guess wrong they lose at least 30% or more and are put into the same exact situation in which they have to guess again. So here is what you do for each option after hitting your opponent with DF1 in the corner:

Low: 33, B1, B1, B113, B113~DF1. This is a 40% combo

Overhead: B2, D12, B113, B113~DF1. This is a 33% combo

Crossover: F3, dash under to put them back into the corner, 23, B1, B113~DF1. 33%

All three of these above combos are meterless and take out a decent amount of damage. But also they all end in DF1 which gives a hard knockdown, which makes your opponent have to guess again which one you're going to do. If you keep guessing right you can keep your opponent in a corner combo the whole match.

Another option after hitting your opponent with DF1 in the corner is your OTG, jump in the air and press DB3. You can either make the DB3 cross over or not cross over, so it's a 50/50 guess for your opponent. If you jump straight up and OTG most likely it won't cross over, if you jump forward and OTG most likely it will cross over. Play around with the timings of slightly jumping forward just little bit to make the OTG ambiguous of what side it is going to hit. Either way it's safe because it is frame advantage on block and hit, it's around +6 on block and around +12 on hit. If you hit your opponent with with the OTG you are at +12 frame advantage which means they HAVE to block your 33 (low), instant J1~DB3 (overhead), or they HAVE to tech your throw. So you are left with alot of options if you hit your opponent with jump DB3. So after you hit them with your OTG, they have to block a 50/50. Wonder Woman is all about them 50/50's and mind games. If you hit your opponent with the OTG and try to go for a B2, it's slow enough that they can poke out of it. So that's why you have to go for instant jump 1 which is faster and also an overhead, then you cancel that instant jump 1 into a DB3 which can reset the situation and put you at +12 again if you guess right.

All the above about Diana's corner game is implying that your opponent is trying to block your mixups when they are knocked down, instead of trying to wake up. To bait wake ups you have alot of options such as MB F3, J3, jump back J3, jump up air dash backwards J3, simply block the wake up and punish. If you simply don't want to worry about wake ups you can jump DB3 for the OTG that guarantees that they cannot wake up at all. If you hit your opponent with a J3 in the corner, do: J3, D12, B113, B113~DF1.

Wonder Woman has great footsies. B2 is a really good footsie tool that checks alot of people, it's an overhead that reaches your opponent at the start of the match and is safe on block. B1 reaches decently far as well, which is frame advantage on block. If your opponent blocks a B1 or B11 from Wonder Woman, they HAVE to respect your D1. If they mash buttons your D1 will beat them which you can convert into a BnB of your choice. Once they start respecting D1 after blocking your B1 or B11, you can start trying to mix them up with 33 (low) and B2 (overhead). Your 33 is also frame advantage on block, they have to respect D1 after blocking 33 as well.

D2 is an important tool. Your uppercut can anti air almost any opponent in the cast jumping at you, and you can almost always convert a D2 on hit into decent damage or a vortex/setup. D2 can also catch opponents forward dashing at you and D2 is decently safe on block if spaced out. Another little trick that may come in handy if you don't want you opponent to clash after you hit them with D2, jump as they are falling and DB3 OTG them. You can make the OTG either cross up or not cross up. You can also do this after of any of Wonder Woman's pop ups, including 33, B113, lasso spin and others. Just let them fall and OTG them to stop them from wagering.

Alongside great footsies, you have awesome mobility as well. Your forward dash covers alot of ground quickly and recovers pretty fast. There are many times you can predict your opponent's backdashes, then forward dash and B1 and it will actually PUNISH their backdash. You get a pretty hefty punish off of B1, or frame advantage if they block it.

Her mobility isn't just restricted to the ground, Diana has amazing air mobility with her air dashes as well. She controls space proficiently with J3. J3 has such a huge hitbox, and the hitbox of J3 reaches much farther then Diana's hurtbox which makes it extremely difficult to try to anti air Wonder Woman J3'ing at you. It also makes it pretty challenging for an opponent to get in on Diana constantly jumping back and J3'ing, especially when you mix it in with an air dash here and there.

Airdashing over your opponent's head with J3 or J1 can give you some ambiguous crossups and non crossups. After you opponent blocks a J1 you can try to go for a mixup with 33 (low) or B2 (overhead), or for an easy hit confirm you can always do J1 into B113. If you hit your opponent with a J3 you can easily hit confirm D12~DF1, or for something more advanced you can do 23, dash forward, D1, B113~DF1. If you want to get alot of damage off of a J3 on hit you can do 23~MB B3 (bounce cancel), J3, B1, B113~DF1 which gives about 50% damage.

When playing Wonder Woman it is crucial to know her Super setups. If you hit your opponent with B2, you can trait-cancel the B2 into Shield Stance and hit confirm your Super. If the B2 hit your opponent just execute your Super, if your opponent blocked the B2 you can either Shield Bash (BF3) or just switch back into Lasso stance or wait to see what your opponent does. It takes a while to get used to reacting to the B2 hitting your opponent, but after doing it for a while you get used to it. It's really nice because it leads to somewhere around 40% unclashable damage. You can also do 3~trait cancel~Super which is even harder to hit confirm but it's a low that leads into your Super for near 40% clashable damage.

Your Parry (DB1) is one of the best in the game, because not only does it parry attacks but it also parries projectiles as well. You take 0 damage when parrying any attack or projectile. This is really good for getting in on opponents trying to zone you, or just sitting across the screen against zoners parrying all their projectiles taking 0 damage and just gaining meter.

Wonder Woman probably has the best D3 in the game. It is a low attack with decent range, it's safe on block, and the best part about it is it makes her hurtbox ridiculously small. She can D3 under many attacks in the game that normally can't even be crouched under, for example Batman's batarangs. She also avoids certain interactables like the pig on Joker's Asylum.

A neat little trick to know after your opponent blocks B113 is you can trait-cancel into Shield Stance then do Shield Bash (BF3) and Meter Burn it to be at frame advantage. Some characters can interrupt the Shield Bash, but most characters have to respect it. I personally have had much success with it.

Shield Stance

When you use Wonder Woman's trait and switch to her Shield Stance, her gameplay changes pretty interestingly. You only take 1/3 chip in Shield Stance, meaning if you block an attack that normally takes 1% chip damage, it will only take 0.33% chip damage instead. This is really good for minimizing chip damage from attacks such as Aquaman's trident rush, or if you wanna take less chip from zoning characters like Raven in trait or Sinestro or Zod etc.

Her mobility is decreased heavily which is a downside, your dashes have much less range and more recovery and you can no longer air dash. You are basically a slow walking mini tank in this stance.

Midscreen

There really aren't too many combos midscreen in Shield Stance. The best tactic you can do for damage is cancel a normal on hit into lasso stance and continue the combo from there. For example if you hit your opponent with J2, 22...... you can hit confirm that 22 and trait cancel back to Lasso Stance, then finish the combo with MB Tiara, B113, 23, B3, J3, B113~DF1 for about 45% damage. There are alot of normals in Shield Stance you can trait cancel on hit into MB tiara for big damage, go in practice mode and test them all. The main normals you will be trait canceling will be B2 (low attack) and 22 (mid attack that's easy to hit confirm).

Corner

Generally when you corner your opponent your going to want to switch back to Lasso Stance as soon as possible, so you can start hitting your opponent with Lasso Stance mixups and frame traps in the corner. That's Wonder Woman's most dominate strategy. But there are also some uses for Shield Stance in the corner. You have good mixups in B21 and B23. B21 is a low attack into an overhead that leads to a hard knockdown, B23 is a low attack followed by another low attack. Also you can try to fish for B2 trait cancels on hit for big damage, if you catch your opponent in the corner with it do B2~trait cancel~MB Tiara, B113, B1, B1, B113, B113~DF1 which will net you near 48% damage. If you do B2~trait cancel and your opponent blocks, you can just perform a B2 or 33 in Lasso Stance (this strategy is interruptable, but it catches alot of people off guard because they are expecting B21 or B23 from Shield Stance.)

There are Shield Stance combos in the corner, normally I wouldn't advice them because you want to switch to Lasso Stance as soon as possible in the corner. But there are certain situations where these combos are called upon to perform, so here they are:

11B1~Shield Bash (BF3), 11B1, 11B1, 11B1, 11B1, F12~Parry. This will give you near 50% damage.

Starting from Lasso Stance: Any combo starter, 23~trait cancel, 11B1, 11B1, 11B1, 11B1, F12~Parry.

Wonder Woman's D1 is works extremely well in Shield Stance. 7 frame start up and +3 on block. If you keep mashing D1 it's a frame trap, there is nothing your opponent can do to interrupt it besides quick parries or supers.

D2 in Shield Stance is actually deceptively good, it's almost as effective as D2 in Lasso Stance. It anti airs many jump attacks in the game. If you hit your opponent with a D2 in Shield Stance, you can trait cancel that D2 into Lasso Stance then 23, B3, J3, B113~DF1 for a nice conversion.

MB Shield Bash (BF3) is a really good tool, after hitting your opponent with the first Shield Bash you can delay the meter burn (Similar to Doomsday's Shoulder) which catches people off guard sometimes. If you meter burn it you are at frame advantage and they HAVE to block another Shield Bash. If you don't meter burn it then it's unsafe, but sometimes you can get away with it because your opponent is expecting the delayed meter burn. Once your opponent starts respecting your frame advantage from MB BF3, you can start fishing for B2's or safe jump 2 pressure.

Shield throws can keep your opponent at bay if you are trying to just play lame and stay away until time runs out. BF2 Shield Throw is decently fast and if meter burned you can get a full combo (similar to MB Tiara in Lasso Stance.) Jumping back and throwing shield propels Wonder Woman back slightly while throwing the shield downwards at your opponent, catching dash ins. You have a parry in this stance as well but it doesn't parry projectiles, only attacks.

You can trait cancel B2 into super, the same way you do in Lasso Stance. B2~trait cancel~super. It takes some practice to hit confirm but you will get it down eventually. If your opponent blocked the B2~trait cancel then you can try to go for a B2 in Lasso Stance or simply stand there and block and try to bait a reaction from your opponent.

Well I hope this guide helped guys. If somebody could make short video recordings of some of the combos or strategies in the OP that would be amazing and I will happily add them to the OP. If you want we can use thread to also talk about matchup specific tactics, I might add that to the OP as well. Also what you see here is definitely not the end of it, I will randomly be adding things here and there every now and again. I might actually put up a matchup chart and detailed explanations for each matchup. Have fun with the Princess of the Amazons! :D

@Skeezer12
@Rantè Inferno
@A F0xy Grampa
@AK elitegoomba
@KDZ
@CD jr
@DarkFire*
@Filipino Man

promoted by STORMS*
Outtstanding guide king, just simply masterful. I'd be happy to record for you. :)