What's new

Destructoid's "Injustice|Gods Among Us" Preview, Characters Are "Bigger and Badder", Arena Damage

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Not long ago over on Destructoid.com editor, Dale North has written a very nice preview on behalf of a recent press conference held where Ed Boon showed off the new DC Universe fighting game. One of the first eye-catching lines of the article is that Ed said they "wanted to introduce a fighting game that would move the genre forward". Dale North mentions that the character sizes of the heroes and villains in Injustice and "bigger and badder", mentioning the word "photorealism" to describe how the characters looked as opposed to a 'comic' or 'animation' look.

Additionally, for most exciting he tells us about two fights they that witnessed during this press conference including Superman vs Solomon Grundy and Batman vs Wonder Woman and why corner-pressure may be frowned upon in the Batcave! Read it all here!

dcf3.png

Credit: MK_Online twitter

Attachments

AngryWorm

Hitomi's Pet
Looks like they're going the same direction DOA5 is going with environmental hazards. The only difference is that this looks much more awesome.

Albo

Noob
Seems like it'll have interactive objects that you'll be able to pick up mid battle mk4 style as well as very interactive environments based on this preview. That could hinder the games balance but perhaps they could make the moves that cause stage destruction to require meter or to be unsafe in someway. Also for the objects the characters could be vulnerable as they're picking the object. Pako did say they're making this game as balanced as possible and as we know little about the game at this point, i trust in them to see what they can come up with.

Also Super moves seem to be xray replacements.

Matix218

Get over here!
I can see the stages being way too influential here. This may end up as more of a party ish game than a serious tournament fighter but time will tell I guess

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
IN that superman pick it looks like hes flying well shooting his eye beams.

Hopefully that means there trying to rework sindels flight mode for the heroes, and try and make it work this time. Then they could like use that to make her work right in mK10.

Also hopefully superman is kabal tier, awesome rushdown and awesome zoning. Its only fair, hes fucking superman.

Wait, if wonder woman has a sword and a shield as standard equipment in each hand, did they get rid of FP BP FK BK and stance switch buttons? Hmmm.

The Stage Damage is probably Injustice equivalent of Battle Damage from MK9.

So, we know now that Supermans 'Super' is punching you into space and knocking you back down.'

The far right side of the stage also featured a console with a large red button on it, and when a fighter is backed into this corner, the button gets pressed, sending missiles flying out to hit the other fighter. Consider yourself warned, corner trappers.
wow, seriously?

Slymind

Noob
Guys, no need to overreact, they aim to make a game that is extremely fun(which is the primary objective for a game) and inovative, and they probably will have an option to disable a lot of stuff and a neutral stage for the sake the competitve aspect. I'm really wanting to play this game, seems to be loads of fun, can't wait.

Deftonesrc

Electrical Engineering bitch!
Imagine if the stages mattered as much as the characters did in MK9? I bet we wouldnt be having this kabal problem that everyone seems to complain about. . .