What's new

Desired Kitana Changes

I often see people beg for Kitana buffs, and they often get too out of hand for what she actually needs to perform well in the meta. After playing her for months (highborn main since May), it's obvious that Highborn is now overloaded and needs to be nerfed so that her universal, and day one, issues can actually be resolved so here is my list of changes that I would like for her to be relevant and more prevalent in the tournament scene.

Universal Changes:
-Increase hitbox of wakeups
-Allow B2 OH to ground airborne opponents
-Increase horizontal hitbox of D2
-Change F234 properties and/or KB requirement (Will assist Fearless since the Mixup can be fuzzied, and there's no mind game to achieve the KB)
-Make S2 strings usable
- Damage buff (If they give her strings a damage buff, she'll perform much better in all variations) | I believe if abilities scaling is reduced/damage is increased she may not need anything major, or a any buff at all, to her string damage at all |

Fan Fare Changes:

-Decrease fan lift's scaling (Make sure it corresponds with the damage of her strings so it's not excessive)
-Make Royal Protection recover once a projectile is absorbed
-Allow a successful J2 to always guarantee a followup Flutter J2

Highborn Changes:
-Rework razors (They deal great chip, can be + on block, deals great, meterless, unbreakable, mid screen damage [Much more damage in the corner in exchange for being breakable], and leaves the op standing and +26 max) | A move that gives Kitana so much leverage and defines her gameplay severely (which never should've gotten this far) needs a counter that isn't sensitive to one string (B14) in addition to being character specific |
-If razors are adjusted appropriately, buff the damage of sai stab (Make sure it aligns with the universal damage buff)

Fearless Changes:
-Decrease startup of S2 (Will specifically help Fearless)
-Adjust Air BF3 KB
*Note: Fan Nado does not need to combo off of every string, so do not change it. it will just be a better fan fare

I'd love to hear what fellow Kitana mains believe she needs in order to finally be a complete character!

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
lol I made a post literally like this yesterday and all of a sudden here’s a post that says almost exactly what I said in the previous active thread. Hmm...

anyways s2 being a buff is a universal buff, not a fearless specific buff, even tho fearless would benefit the most from it. If s2 doesn’t get a buff then fan nado absolutely needs to be able to combo from every string if amplified since her punish off her only fast string is severely lacking

do not nerf highborn. There are characters who have 3 great variations.

lol I made a post literally like this yesterday and all of a sudden here’s a post that says almost exactly what I said in the previous active thread. Hmm...

anyways s2 being a buff is a universal buff, not a fearless specific buff, even tho fearless would benefit the most from it. If s2 doesn’t get a buff then fan nado absolutely needs to be able to combo from every string if amplified since her punish off her only fast string is severely lacking

Lol, i made this list weeks ago. I posted it in the Kitana discord and on twitter, just thought i’d post it here too.

I know S2 is a universal buff, but i wanted to make it obvious that it’ll make more of a difference for Fearless (I got the idea from you posting about it months ago in the discord). I strongly believe that that’s really all Fearless needs, and even if the change doesn’t make it, she shouldn’t be able to have nearly the same combo potential as fan fare, even if its amplified. It’s a zoning and mixup variation, so if they make adjustments to her universal tools (especially F234), she’ll be where she needs to be.

And Highborn deserves to be adjusted. The variation has everything going for it, and you and I have specifically said that Kitana changes will always leave Highborn as the superior variation. Yes, characters have 3 great variations, but they often exchange something between every variation. Highborn’s only setbacks are its punish potential (No BF3) and not as much dmg from conversions. It doesn’t make sense to me why the variation needs to do almost everything that her other variations can do and do it even better for the most part.

If highborn’s simply gets its razors reverted back to it’s pre patch properties, a damage buff on her sai stab, along with the many universal changes, the variation will still be good and not as busted. And if razors can still be used mid screen, they should tweak the frames on hit and especially on block so she can actually take risk.

Last edited:

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!

I'd love to see the weak stuff buffed not the strong things nerfed.
But at the same time if we take Geras as the baseline for damage and do not nerf him, or Highborn as basis for some of the stuff it can do, I'm not sure where we'll end up.

I think it's fine to address issues of power both pro and contra but beyond that I've learned that it's best not to come up with our own changes. NRS has been careful with patching, I'd like to see that trend continue. I just wish I could speed up time sometimes lol

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator

Highborn chip has to be adjusted if anything, but if they make the razors too - then she'll be bottom AF again.

Stanlos

Noob
I often see people beg for Kitana buffs, and they often get too out of hand for what she actually needs to perform well in the meta. After playing her for months (highborn main since May), it's obvious that Highborn is now overloaded and needs to be nerfed so that her universal, and day one, issues can actually be resolved so here is my list of changes that I would like for her to be relevant and more prevalent in the tournament scene.

Universal Changes:
-Increase hitbox of wakeups
-Allow B2 OH to ground airborne opponents
-Increase horizontal hitbox of D2
-Change F234 properties and/or KB requirement (Will assist Fearless since the Mixup can be fuzzied, and there's no mind game to achieve the KB)
-Make S2 strings usable
- Damage buff (If they give her strings a damage buff, she'll perform much better in all variations) | I believe if abilities scaling is reduced/damage is increased she may not need anything major, or a any buff at all, to her string damage at all |

Fan Fare Changes:

-Decrease fan lift's scaling (Make sure it corresponds with the damage of her strings so it's not excessive)
-Make Royal Protection recover once a projectile is absorbed
-Allow a successful J2 to always guarantee a followup Flutter J2

Highborn Changes:
-Rework razors (They deal great chip, can be + on block, deals great, meterless, unbreakable, mid screen damage [Much more damage in the corner in exchange for being breakable], and leaves the op standing and +26 max) | A move that gives Kitana so much leverage and defines her gameplay severely (which never should've gotten this far) needs a counter that isn't sensitive to one string (B14) in addition to being character specific |
-If razors are adjusted appropriately, buff the damage of sai stab (Make sure it aligns with the universal damage buff)

Fearless Changes:
-Decrease startup of S2 (Will specifically help Fearless)
-Adjust Air BF3 KB
*Note: Fan Nado does not need to combo off of every string, so do not change it. it will just be a better fan fare

I'd love to hear what fellow Kitana mains believe she needs in order to finally be a complete character!
This was back in January. I wonder: do the boards feel Kitana is still in need of help? Or is the Khan Of Outworld and Princess of Edenia sitting quite fit today?

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
This was back in January. I wonder: do the boards feel Kitana is still in need of help? Or is the Khan Of Outworld and Princess of Edenia sitting quite fit today?
I just want her B231343 to not randomly whiff on the last hit and for db2 to connect on females after her strings.