What's new

Denuvo Problem

Ceroder

Noob
Hello everyone and my fellow PCbros.

We probably wont have any info about the port until we get our hand on it on April 23. Which is a shame.

Some of us already pre-ordered MK11 on PC even though MKX port was a mess. I'm one of them. Injustice 2 port had problems because of Denuvo.

Denuvo games are getting cracked really easily now. There's just no point on using it. Sure, adding it boosts the initial sales, but DMC5 sales probably proved that if you make a good game, its going to sell no matter what (and I think MK11 is going to be a great game.). It's still the top seller game on Steam.

And, to make matters worse (or better, depends on how you look at things) , DMC5 got cracked (actually, .exe without Denuvo leaked) literally 2 hours before Steam release. It still sold 3 million copies.

But this gave us a way to prove our point. Without Denuvo, you can see up to 20+ FPS. That's a huge deal.

Denuvo is literally forcing a god damn virtual machine while playing a game. My processor cant handle that, my pc is old.

Can we please not have Denuvo on MK11? Much thanks.

Here's 3 dudes explaining it better than me:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/976310/discussions/0/1745605598711414046/

Immortal

Blind justice....
No point in even talking about it but i can waste a minute or two atm.

Denuvo is one of very few reasons why WB even considered going with PC releases of their games. They will not remove it no matter what people say. Unless all of them stop buying the game, which will never happen.

Even if MK 11 Denuvo gets cracked in like days after (there is no demo, so they can't just swap main exe file like with DMC5, so most likely with MK11 its gonna be at least a week) it wont matter.

Most sells are made within first several days / week. It's more likely they will stop making (buying) PC ports then stop using Denuvo in them.

Ceroder

Noob
Denuvo is one of very few reasons why WB even considered going with PC releases of their games. They will not remove it no matter what people say. Unless all of them stop buying the game, which will never happen.

Even if MK 11 Denuvo gets cracked in like days after (there is no demo, so they can't just swap main exe file like with DMC5, so most likely with MK11 its gonna be at least a week) it wont matter.

Most sells are made within first several days / week. It's more likely they will stop making (buying) PC ports then stop using Denuvo in them.
I see. Thanks for your input.

I would be fine if they kept the Denuvo until it gets cracked or something. But Mordor games still has Denuvo even after it got cracked pretty much within a week, and the game is 2 years old now.

Tekken 7 removed it for a reason, I hope they see how bad of a decision to add Denuvo to a game, especially to a FG.

Was MK11 even confirmed to have Denuvo in it?
%90 chance of having it because of past WB Games and IJ2 mess

Raider

Noob
I don't understand what's the point of having Denuvo on MP focused game really. They don't need it at all.
Also many developers are removing that crap weeks or months after the game release. Or after the game is cracked.
But WB proved many times in the past that they just don't care too much about PC community. I feel like they are focused on consoles much more than PC and are considered to be one of the worst PC publishers because of their decisions in the past.

Immortal

Blind justice....
I see. Thanks for your input.

I would be fine if they kept the Denuvo until it gets cracked or something. But Mordor games still has Denuvo even after it got cracked pretty much within a week, and the game is 2 years old now.
That alone speaks volumes and should be clear indicator for you they never gonna remove it.

Tekken 7 removed it for a reason, I hope they see how bad of a decision to add Denuvo to a game, especially to a FG.
Even Namco didn't remove it for like several months after the release or even a year, so at that point it also matters very little (well matters for those 2K players still playing the game).

That's the reality of big corporations and PC games, it's Denuvo or no port at all. People tend to forget, companies don't make the games to make everybody happy, they make games to make money and then make PAYING customers happy (even if less happy coz of Denuvo but still way more happy then no PC port at all).

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
On crackwatch it doesn’t say Denuvo, they dumped him, as he is a failure. It mentions steam now, not Denuvo.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
It's beyond me why an online fighting game even needs an antihack.
Anyone who needs to hack mk is not worth playing against anyway.

D3athStalker

*keeps punching the air while trying to do combos*
I don't think pirating MK11 is a good idea in the first place since most of the people care about the online fighting scene, and good luck finding someone to fight against on your pirated copy of MK11.

At least QLOC generally does a decent job at porting the games for PC compared to High Voltage which literally butchered MKX for PC.