What's new

Delicious "OVI-LOOPS" for Queen D'vorah!

Some video and tech for those of you looking to play D'vorah. How to use her effectively, and some things you can do to psyche your opponent out, check it out!

Tutorial on looping the Ovi Rush in pressure

• Ovi-loops setup grabs.
  • This setup is flawless blockable, so again, you'll have a grab opportunity
  • Ovi-loops can be confirmed into 121 as you're approaching the corner, for a pooping bug setup.
  • Can also confirm into 121+3 for side switch
  • Learning to confirm 12 after ovi rush leads to canceling into Fatal Blow
  • If opponents always respects the frame advantage, you can do 50/50
And while we're here, check out a couple of other crucial bits of D'vorah Tech!

Reverse-input Air Grab and extended back hitbox

D'vorah punishes Erron Black's F4 Overhead MIDSCREEN

Follow me on twitter at UnderTheMayo and check out my youtube channel for more D'vorah tech!

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

I was just sitting here in the car wishing there was some D’Vorah tech to consume. Thanks, @Under_The_Mayo ! And thanks especially for keeping the video short and to the point without any 30-second nonsense intros. Do you stream? You’ve got a great voice for it.

For posterity's sake, this works with 21 and 4 as well. It's a 2 frame link though, which is weird because I get it pretty consistently with 21.

Last edited:
Cool vid man, this is an underrated aspect of D'vorah. But you can flawless block from hit stun so watch out for that one guy who labbed how to flawless block ovi rush pressure

For posterity's sake, this works with 21 and 4 as well. It's a 2 frame link though, which is weird because I get it pretty consistently with 21.
Yeah since standing 2 is 9 frames you can get it. The problem being that 2 1 is a really crappy stagger string. You can cancel into whiffed air grab gimmicks, but 1 2 is definitely the go to stagger for this stuff. And standing 4 can work too but you don't have the time to hit confirm into ovi rush.

Yeah since standing 2 is 9 frames you can get it. The problem being that 2 1 is a really crappy stagger string. You can cancel into whiffed air grab gimmicks, but 1 2 is definitely the go to stagger for this stuff. And standing 4 can work too but you don't have the time to hit confirm into ovi rush.
There are positives to all the strings, I'd say. 12 is the best stagger string, but least damage. 212 isn't as good of a stagger, but does slightly more damage and is safe on block at all points with no gaps, and 4 lets you do 4~amp db1 if you know they're going to disrespect. That last one I almost never use, but it's something I always try to keep in mind.

There are positives to all the strings, I'd say. 12 is the best stagger string, but least damage. 212 isn't as good of a stagger, but does slightly more damage and is safe on block at all points with no gaps, and 4 lets you do 4~amp db1 if you know they're going to disrespect. That last one I almost never use, but it's something I always try to keep in mind.
Yeah it's its nice that 44 is 0 on block.

Some video and tech for those of you looking to play D'vorah. How to use her effectively, and some things you can do to psyche your opponent out, check it out!

Tutorial on looping the Ovi Rush in pressure

• Ovi-loops setup grabs.
  • This setup is flawless blockable, so again, you'll have a grab opportunity
  • Ovi-loops can be confirmed into 121 as you're approaching the corner, for a pooping bug setup.
  • Can also confirm into 121+3 for side switch
  • Learning to confirm 12 after ovi rush leads to canceling into Fatal Blow
  • If opponents always respects the frame advantage, you can do 50/50
And while we're here, check out a couple of other crucial bits of D'vorah Tech!

Reverse-input Air Grab and extended back hitbox

D'vorah punishes Erron Black's F4 Overhead MIDSCREEN

Follow me on twitter at UnderTheMayo and check out my youtube channel for more D'vorah tech!
Good stuff man!! Following what that other guy did and dropping a comment here so I won't forget to lab this when I get home later.