What's new

Question - Grandmaster Deleted Account.

IF there is One Last Patch, What Buff/Fix Does Grandmaster Need Most?

• Fix the Female Hit Box Issue for him and ALL Characters

• Give him a Universal Mid Screen Quicker Low Starter which hit Confirms into Ice Ball

• Fix Phasing through the Clone

• Give him Faster Pokes

• Give him more Chip Damage Options

• Something Else

• Nothing he is Fine as he is

Results are only viewable after voting.

WarlordRenegade

Founder of Team Renegade
Fix the hitbox issues so his combos/strings work on all characters. Other than that the most he needs is a slightly faster D1 so he can contest all the retarded block strings and cancels in the game

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
I think having a quicker overhead would help. B2 is slow and I never use it unless it's during a combo with cryo.
Isn't B2 a really important tool for Sub-Zero, especially Grandmaster? It's unsafe true, but people who haven't labbed punishing it will rarely do so.

GOL Eklectic

Surrender, it's over.
How about nrs fix frost bombs random launching properties on top of fixing the female hitbox issues. Frost bomb randomly launches the opponent at different trajectories and sometimes following up with f4 is impossible.

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
Isn't B2 a really important tool for Sub-Zero, especially Grandmaster? It's unsafe true, but people who haven't labbed punishing it will rarely do so.
Its a bitch to punish with certain chars from max range. I punish it every time but I play kotal and jax so no problem there. I think only thing he needs is consistency in female combos

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
Not my character but considering there's a likely chance the majority of the top tier would get toned down I don't think SZ needs much.
- Aliens tail, D'vorah's tentacle (extensions of the body) should freeze through clone
- Takeda's whips, Kotals Sword (weapons) should not freeze
- 8 frame d1 would be fair, 7 frame d1 I'm not sure since this character wasn't meant to have a fast d1 (even with KP2 patch they didn't give this to him)
- I think GM's would prefer being able to combo females rather than a slightly faster poke. I'm all for him getting both as long as Ice Shatter combos gain some scaling

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
How about:

Fix him into not bodying half of the cast with braindead clone corner spam.
Sounds reasonable doesn't it?

How about increase distance threshold of clone not coming out when the opponent is close. If you want a parry go play Unbreakable, I'm tired of getting cloned mid string at point blank range.

How about increase clone cooldown after being broken so I don't have to chase his backdash into another clone, my turn my ass.

How about nerfing shatter active frames so I don't get sucked back into it after I correctly read and jumped over it, with it also DOING FULL DAMAGE regardless of how many shards hit me?

These buffs sound ok?

P.s. Just read this:
it will give Grandmaster a much needed tool for corner carry
Seriously speaking, much needed is extremely over the topping it. 123 slide apparently is not enough x_x.

Last edited:

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
The problem is that GM is fine, but some characters have nothing to deal with the clone while other characters have a get out of jail free card against it. To balance GM, you need to completely remove these easy options and just make sure everyone has something to kombat the clone.

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
GM's biggest issue is Cryo and Unbreakable are ass. That variation is designed to have radical MUs, Sub Zero would do well to have another viable variation to pick in his awful matchups.

Make his b2 overhead even faster and his slide. Buff his damage so he can easily get 40 + combos midscreen like in Cryomancer. Let him be able to do multiple iceclones at a time, one is not enough. And also let him be able to do it in the air, he needs it! He's not braindead enough

SZ needs 1 of 2 things.

Either:

1. Cryo and Unbreakable need changes. The variation system is there to make it so if one variation has issues in certain mu's/situations, you can always use a different variation of the character. Even if the other variation isn't better overall, it still has better application in some situations which makes it a great pick based on a few mu's. With SZ however, the variation system is useless because is other variations lose worse than GM and they actually lose to the exact same mu's for the same reasons.

2. If you don't change Cryo and Unbreakable then GM needs a little help.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
Exactly what I think. Either improve Unbreakable and Cryomancer, which might include altering base normals, or tweak Grandmaster.

For Grandmaster... rather than make disjointed limbs/weapons collide with Clone, just let Clone stay on block.