What's new

Defusing TriBorg Hard To Blocks.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
the letter i sent to WB dev team!

what does TYM think?

btw people who stated MID bombs to all Triborg's opinions are not acknowledged!

Cyrax Adjustments (normalization's)

Cyrax is the greatest Kombatant to hit MKXL!

his bomb combos are swaggy and grow more and more fun each time i land them in matches and locals.

now even though i am a Cyrax Main and he is my favorite character, he does have a tool that should not be in this game.

RESETS

if you combo into a high net and drop a close low bomb and time a back 2 just right, it will reset the combo and allow another net to come out, which allows you to loop this over and over.

but simply making his normal's worse or his bombs recovery or startup of B2 which is already at 35 frames of startup would ruin him in many aspects.

what i suggest would fix all future resets found even after a patch notes.

lets say we change the b2 frames, (we will find another way to do it. Obviously TYM and other various MK communities have proven this over the years)

so changing B@ startup could very well make him a horrible character or any other move for that matter. it is only day 8

but if we make it so that an OH and low being hit at same time cancels the hits into MIDS. that would solve the problem..

make it so that it has to be spaced at least 5 frames apart so it is easily blocked, that way the capability is there to mix up but anyone who labs for 5 min can block the setups and loops. each time they attempt it.. and since he is very negative on block, he would be full combo punished for the attempt when correctly blocked.

seems fair to me.

also if you have a way to do it.
remove the capability of looping it.

i know this sounds strange coming from a Cyrax main, but you gotta understand. i don't want to be hated by all of my brethren performing this loop. nor do i want them to not have fun playing me.. i want to feel like i actually won a match fair. out played them, not touched them and drained 50-100% of their life with a looping reset.

It's by no means Quan Summoner 2.0 since his could be made safe on confirm and had more range to start his loop off, but still I'm fine with it being gone.

Now my small Buff requests for Cyrax.

he has a below average neutral game, this is undeniable.

what i suggest at the minimum is to give him a viable armored Special. not just his Wake up Shrapnel Port (DF4EX)

but also give it armor when he is standing.

he needs it!

and if you could possibly give it armor quicker on wake-up that would be nice as well.. I have noticed he gets stuffed quite easily waking up with it, by moves like CSZ 11 or 1112

I'm sure that move is not supposed to be armor breaking but if it is, my bad.

Please take care when adjusting Cyrax!

id love for him to stay around the top for the remainder of the game. but at the same time, i don't want him resetting like a madman;)

while on the subject, his HTB low bomb +B3D4

is block-able in my eyes by fuzzying it, Hold down 6th beep of bomb let go and press right back on down to fuzzy it within 1 frame.

may be hard for sum, and that block window could be lengthened if that's not to much trouble!

sincerily,

Jagged

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
I just want his B2/low bomb loop gone, and give him armor on ex-AA grab. That seems fair to me. AA grab with armor would allow him to get up without necessary doing damage unless they jump at you.

I was told that my Cyber Sub Zero setup was a few frames to slow. So I took another look at that particular setup. Hopefully the timing is a bit more accurate.

As I mentioned this is one of the more basic setups. Mid screen I doubt you'd ever see this one used anymore. The Frost Bomb still detonates roughly 2 seconds after landing. The only viable option I can see following the bomb is B3D4. You still have more than enough time to block the whole string. I'm sure you can Fuzzy Guard B1 easily enough. There doesn't seem to be a 'fast' overhead option to make you think twice about low blocking on wake up, or delaying wake up entirely to avoid the two lows.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but if the timing here is accurate I'm going to look at the other setups for any other cues to make them easier to block.

I also feel the need to clarify once again I don't believe blocking these setups is easy. Nor would I expect to do it 100% of the time in a tournament match. However I do believe in looking to make blocking them slightly easier. Practicing when able to apply in Tournament. As opposed to just waiting until I am forced to deal with it right then and there.

Last edited:
great effort though its hard to listen to sounds without headphones, but hard to blockables need to go, this game already infested with good 50/50s and many other ways to open up people, hard to blockables is a stupid thing in a fighting game.

That is true. It's also why I've taken note of the pacing of Cyrax's bomb. Now it's hard to see it in action without counting off in my head before it detonates. Impractical for some if not many. Though it can be useful under the right situations.

As far as HTB's, I am inclined to agree.

MadeOfMetal

That is true. It's also why I've taken note of the pacing of Cyrax's bomb. Now it's hard to see it in action without counting off in my head before it detonates. Impractical for some if not many. Though it can be useful under the right situations.

As far as HTB's, I am inclined to agree.
i can now block his HTB low into B3D4 every time now.. and im actually blocking the Reset almost every time.. those one frame links

MadeOfMetal

I just want his B2/low bomb loop gone, and give him armor on ex-AA grab. That seems fair to me. AA grab with armor would allow him to get up without necessary doing damage unless they jump at you.
id like him to do damage with the armor, but if they read it it should be punishable like most Armorable moves

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
i would take armor on aa grab over the b2/low bomb anyday of the week!

we still get to keep b1/low bomb though right :p