What's new

General/Other - Smoke Defensive Phasing

It's well known by now Smoke has the ability to phase through some types of pressure on his Wake Up. It's also known that this ability (much like Commando's Parry) can be used on certain strings to punish what could otherwise be difficult/ un-punishable. While some can look at a wall of Text:

ex:

Ermac F21(Gap)D2

And immediately picture the string that comes to mind. I'm more of a visual learner, as I imagine others are as well. So, that being said I thought I would compile a small list of strings that Smoke can phase/ex phase through. It obviously isn't 'new' tech and it can be baited by the opponent. However this is just giving a visual example of what Smoke can do. I will say that of everyone I tested, War God Kotal seems to have the hardest time committing, especially if Smoke has meter.

Other notable examples were Scorpion's 214 and Kano's 112 string. Smoke can phase through the gaps, but I couldn't find a 'direct' punish. So they were omitted.

If there are other strings, that you've found, please leave them below so I can possibly incorporate them into a "Part 2".

**Note Raiden's 1122 charge string. The phase input must done in the direction Raiden is standing when he begin's the string. Otherwise you will phase in the opposite direction and end up right in front of him.

Last edited:

jokey77

Character Loyalist
this should be easy to test by putting the dummy on autoblock and reversal/smoke towards...?!