What's new

Defense against Robin

fireborg

Noob
Hey,

any general or specific tips for defending against Robin?

Thanks

here' s stuff i found so far:

Noble Raptor: Robin - Countering Birdarang Pressure

Reo: Robin - Option Select Counter to his DP (D,B+2)

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Zone him out. Learn which strings/trait cancels are plus and ensure that you poke out of them whenever possible in order to keep him conditioned.

Anything cancelled into trait is negative if I remember correctly. 212xx4 is -1 I believe and is his safest one, so you can do a D1 check if your character has a 6 frame poke, 7 frame poke will trade.

Try not to go for anything too risky since Robin is really good at punishing things with 6 frame D1 and 9 (?) frame DB2.

If he gets a knockdown on you @Hankiro might have more answers, or someone who isn't me and hasn't played at a super strong level in some time. Being knocked down against Robin is not fun, for a short answer.

Just interrupt all the gap he has. 2*12 can be full combo punished with 8f normal. DB2 Mb can be full combo punished with 6f normal (7f will trade) and he still wastes a bar.

Hankiro

Noob
They covered most of what you need to know.

Just learn what he is and isn't guaranteed, when to poke and what to hold, and as for oki, delaying wakeup negates a lot of what he's able to do.

It's also beneficial to learn which of his combos gravity-wise will punish your specific character's wakeup. Not every wakeup is punished by his bnb and he has to alter the gravity to do so, specifically Hellboy and Wonder Woman come to mind.

This means when you're able to tell what will and won't work on your wakeup, you can do so freely without fear of eating another 300 meterless just for waking up

Last edited:

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
He can confirm off of a trade depending on the hitstun of the poke used.

I believe every 7 frame D1 still lets him get a combo but it's less damage than a normal combo, but if the trade is out of your favour just block and ensure that he doesn't fucking D1 out of -3.

Talking about DB2 MB btw but I notice I have failed at life. Please give me a bad player review.