What's new

Defense against Black Canary

Push-block and get away from her. Her offence entirely depends on mix-ups, resets, and knockdown pressure. If you can push-block her 50/50s and zone her out, the match will feel a lot easier. Also using delayed wake up is a good counter to a lot of her knockdown setups

Skedar70

Noob
In neutral some Canary players like to cartwheel a lot to get in. Whiff some move with good recovery in neutral to try to catch them doing it. Beware of trying to Anti air her cause she can cancel into the up jump its best to just block and punish. Respect that scream once she is a level three trait and try to keep her out at all costs.

9_Lives

Noob
Level 3 trait into f13~flip:

She can either go left or right, and it's an overhead, so don't duck. If she guesses right, she gets another combo. If she guesses wrong, she's -11. This is big because no one ever punishes me when I guess right. D1 into something is a good plan, and no one ever punishes.

Standing 2 has 2 options:

1) 21 with no delay. You can fuzzy this easily. The overhead is much slower, but it isn't a low or overhead mix here, it's whether or not she plans to delay. She will do this more when you challenge her other options off this string.

2) if she taps up and then 1, it will come out at the same time as if she were doing 23 without tapping up. This creates a true 5050. Both of these options create a big enough gap to poke. Don't mbb3 because the 2u1 will usually break armor and poke option selects either option.

3) pushblock is a good way out of this because in order to mix she has to get the 2 before the 5050. Just watch out for bounce cancel!

33 is now plus.
Lots of canary players do 33,d1~trait. If she does this you can poke between the d1 and trait or better yet mbb3.

Just a couple tidbits. Obviously not the whole deal, but learning those will help frustrate most average Canarys like me lol

fireborg

Noob
good stuff man, will go over it in training mode :)

Level 3 trait into f13~flip:

She can either go left or right, and it's an overhead, so don't duck. If she guesses right, she gets another combo. If she guesses wrong, she's -11. This is big because no one ever punishes me when I guess right. D1 into something is a good plan, and no one ever punishes.

Standing 2 has 2 options:

1) 21 with no delay. You can fuzzy this easily. The overhead is much slower, but it isn't a low or overhead mix here, it's whether or not she plans to delay. She will do this more when you challenge her other options off this string.

2) if she taps up and then 1, it will come out at the same time as if she were doing 23 without tapping up. This creates a true 5050. Both of these options create a big enough gap to poke. Don't mbb3 because the 2u1 will usually break armor and poke option selects either option.

3) pushblock is a good way out of this because in order to mix she has to get the 2 before the 5050. Just watch out for bounce cancel!

33 is now plus.
Lots of canary players do 33,d1~trait. If she does this you can poke between the d1 and trait or better yet mbb3.

Just a couple tidbits. Obviously not the whole deal, but learning those will help frustrate most average Canarys like me lol