What's new

Defense against Batman

This depends on who you use against him, but for many MUs vs Batman pushblock can and will save your life. He hasn't got much in the way of 50/50s, so just crouch block by default, revert to stand block when he goes for overhead-specific strings or f3, and pushblock to make him have to come to you again.

J2 is very annoying, but with a little practice you can tell which way it's going to hit most of the time, and block accordingly, leading to the above about pushblocking.

Batman can also be bullied quite a lot on wake-up. Slide is so negative on block that any character's raw b3 or f3 should be able to punish it (which you can MB to make it so he can't air escape afterwards!), and so once you've shaved a third or more of his life off from blocking it once, you can condition him to take whatever mix-up or pressure you want to throw at him next.

9_Lives

Noob
I dunno just a couple opinions about Batman I've accrued over time during the era of the great batman army early in the game's life, hope there's something in there you haven't heard already. Anyone who disagrees is free to dissent with reasons. Question is a bit vague though, what offense in particular are you having problems with?

Bats have good hit advantage, so you have to respect that they can be released at any time. However there is no block advantage, so as soon as they come out you're free to press buttons, and that includes for the antiair. Imo the best option the best way is to pushblock, as it gets rid of bats, especially his jumping normals so you don't get wrecked by any bounce cancels. Sometimes clash is the best way to get rid of bats too. Obviously hitting him is a good way to get rid of them, but if only it were so easy lol.

He has no fast overhead, so if you mainly block low you'll take less free damage. This includes for the slide shenanigans. You can actually lab and see if your b3 is fast enough to punish the slide. If it is, then you are able to mb b3 and punish slide with no consequences as long as he has 1 or fewer bats out, which with his current state is more often than not.

f3 can cross over, especially in the corner. So if you lab it out with your character and see if it/when it does. As you know most f3 and b3 is very plus, and you of course can't bounce cancel off it, so another great time to pushblock.

B23 is a guaranteed punish for some characters. For instance Supergirl just needs to do instant u,d,4 and her laser beats him clean everytime. Looks like you play Firestorm, so perhaps instant air flame charge thing? I wish I could say I've labbed this one, but this is simple observation at the moment.

Special mention for 1,2 string. He's always doing it off a jumpin, so you can't exploit the high at the end. It's plus 4, and especially when bats are active it's scary to challenge him on that. This opens up his mind games for more block strings, grabs and even another jumpin if he thinks you respect him enough! Pushblock is a great option, but it's super risky if they have 2 bars and are crazy enough to bounce cancel on read against you. Everyone has different options against this mind game, so be sure to lab that one.

fireborg

Noob
thanks community , i ll check all the stuff out 4 sure once i get off work finally =D

i play firestrom and was also thinking i need to research his restands and stuff so i ll know when he s more likely to cross up and punish him 4 that ..

i might be wrong but i think delayed wake-ups didnt helped against his cross-up on knockdown..

fireborg

Noob
great advice man! to your question - i mainly struggle with his cross-ups, his pressure and strings i know quite well by now..

part of it is im not aware of his setup-ups and thus when he is likely to cross-up..

a basic thing but seriously need to work on my push block execution...

I dunno just a couple opinions about Batman I've accrued over time during the era of the great batman army early in the game's life, hope there's something in there you haven't heard already. Anyone who disagrees is free to dissent with reasons. Question is a bit vague though, what offense in particular are you having problems with?

Bats have good hit advantage, so you have to respect that they can be released at any time. However there is no block advantage, so as soon as they come out you're free to press buttons, and that includes for the antiair. Imo the best option the best way is to pushblock, as it gets rid of bats, especially his jumping normals so you don't get wrecked by any bounce cancels. Sometimes clash is the best way to get rid of bats too. Obviously hitting him is a good way to get rid of them, but if only it were so easy lol.

He has no fast overhead, so if you mainly block low you'll take less free damage. This includes for the slide shenanigans. You can actually lab and see if your b3 is fast enough to punish the slide. If it is, then you are able to mb b3 and punish slide with no consequences as long as he has 1 or fewer bats out, which with his current state is more often than not.

f3 can cross over, especially in the corner. So if you lab it out with your character and see if it/when it does. As you know most f3 and b3 is very plus, and you of course can't bounce cancel off it, so another great time to pushblock.

B23 is a guaranteed punish for some characters. For instance Supergirl just needs to do instant u,d,4 and her laser beats him clean everytime. Looks like you play Firestorm, so perhaps instant air flame charge thing? I wish I could say I've labbed this one, but this is simple observation at the moment.

Special mention for 1,2 string. He's always doing it off a jumpin, so you can't exploit the high at the end. It's plus 4, and especially when bats are active it's scary to challenge him on that. This opens up his mind games for more block strings, grabs and even another jumpin if he thinks you respect him enough! Pushblock is a great option, but it's super risky if they have 2 bars and are crazy enough to bounce cancel on read against you. Everyone has different options against this mind game, so be sure to lab that one.

I usually use my bat up to initiate the pressure, and get another one after 12/B11 on block.

Push block = officially: block escape is always good against pressure even without bat.
On high level I see a bit rarely use it I guess they rather "eat" a bit of pressure for that 1 bar if they can use that bar more efficiently elsewhere (or I do not know the reason).

fireborg

Noob
i played a little batman recently and what stick out most was how little reaching are his normals (short hands i call it =D . meaning he always got to be super close to start his pressure), so this seems like a disadvantage to me, but i aint no real batman player so take it lightly