What's new

Default Keyboard Scheme / Layout for Mk1 - 4

sam76

Noob
i made a quick work on paint to show you guys
the keyboard scheme on mk1,2,3 , trilogy and mk 4
this will included Both of MS-DOS , WINDOWS , Demo and Full retail version
i thought that might be help for the new players to have a look How was default key configuration set ,

MK1 & 2

MK3 Demo . Notes How was the Default Player 2 Set in DEMO version !

MK3 Full Retail MS-DOS version

MK3 Full Retail (Windows version)
Notes the difference here was in the BLOCK Button , i have no idea why the MK3 Team change it from Y to M

Mortal Kombat Trilogy Both MS-DOS and Windows versions

Finally Mortal Kombat 4

sam76

Noob
i have also included the default konfig of ultimate mortal kombat 3 for konsols
SNES, SEGA GENESIS and S.SATURN Both (Six buttons only)

in order

Super Nintendo Entertainment (SNES)

SEGA Genesis (6 buttons version)

And Finally here is SEGA Saturn

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
That really brings me some memories, I remember how the Genesis version of MK1 was where I've seen an MK game for the very first time and then how the MS-DOS version of MK2 was what hooked me to the whole MK franchise and I never looked back, and then I've played all of the those games on the MS-DOS (MK1, MK2 and MK3) where all of them were near-perfect ports of the arcade version (especially MK3 which was pretty much the arcade version, and MK2 actually had a couple of stuff on MS-DOS being better then the arcade version) and then playing on windows (MKT and MK4). I've spend hours, days, weeks and months playing those games. Good old times indeed.

Awesome stuff dude.

sam76

Noob
That really brings me some memories, I remember how the Genesis version of MK1 was where I've seen an MK game for the very first time and then how the MS-DOS version of MK2 was what hooked me to the whole MK franchise and I never looked back, and then I've played all of the those games on the MS-DOS (MK1, MK2 and MK3) where all of them were near-perfect ports of the arcade version (especially MK3 which was pretty much the arcade version, and MK2 actually had a couple of stuff on MS-DOS being better then the arcade version) and then playing on windows (MKT and MK4). I've spend hours, days, weeks and months playing those games. Good old times indeed.

Awesome stuff dude.
i still have MK2 , MK3 , and MKT all sealed in cellophane wrap i have couple for MK3 and MKT in jewelcase bought it from eBAY
luckily and accidentally i bought two version of MK3 (two different boxes) YES !
one is for MS-DOS only.

the later version work in both MS-DOS/Windows 95 which has blue banner in front says (Windows/ 95 MS-DOS)

i believe the early version of MK3 for PC was perfect arcade (the MS-DOS version) NOT the late one work on both MS-DOS/ Windows 95 , correct me if i'm wrong !
that one is so damn accurate specially when you fight Shao kahn at the end

Later on Midway Releases Mortal Kombat & Mortal Kombat 2 both Games in PC CD-ROM which is extremely RARE
some claims that these are perfect arcade

Last edited:

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
i still have MK2 , MK3 , and MKT all sealed in cellophane wrap i have couple for MK3 and MKT in jewelcase bought it from eBAY
luckily and accidentally i bought two version of MK3 (two different boxes) YES !
one is for MS-DOS only.

the later version work in both MS-DOS/Windows 95 which has blue banner in front says (Windows/ 95 MS-DOS)

i believe the early version of MK3 for PC was perfect arcade (the MS-DOS version) NOT the late one work on both MS-DOS/ Windows 95 , correct me if i'm wrong !
that one is so damn accurate specially when you fight Shao kahn at the end

Later on Midway Releases Mortal Kombat & Mortal Kombat 2 both Games in PC CD-ROM which is extremely RARE
some claims that these are perfect arcade
I myself also still have the CD's for MK2, MKT and MK4, all sealed well in their CD boxes, from when I got them as a kid.

And yes the MS-DOS version of MK3 was closer to the arcade, and yes it is very accurate.

Last edited:

sam76

Noob
Updates...

i have included the Following :

Mortal Kombat 3 / Trilogy / MK4 Sony Playstation versions

Mortal Kombat 4 Nintendo 64 ( Both Prototype and Final )

Prototype

F i n a l

Mortal Kombat Gold Sega DreamCast