Votes: 15 12.4%
  • average MKX

Votes: 51 42.1%
  • He needs it

Votes: 74 61.2%

• Total voters

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
What happens that makes you think it only has 5 frames of armor? You're the second person to mention a limited number of armor frames so I did some more testing.
I was testing it with enemy reversals and just realized I was mathing wrong on the cancel frames. You're 100% right, there's 15 frames (the entire duration of the active move) of armor. The moment you lose your armor, you can block. My mistake.

What happens that makes you think it only has 5 frames of armor? You're the second person to mention a limited number of armor frames so I did some more testing.

Goro's s2 is +2 on block. The bot is set to reversal Invisibility and auto block. I hit it with s2 and then follow up with normals of different lengths. d1 is 6 frames so it should be hitting on about the 4th frame. f3(the last move in that video) is 16 frames so it should be hitting on the 14th frame or later. Everything I did ended up hitting armor. Nothing stuffs the move, it either hits the armor or he blocks it

I tried testing the start up with Liu Kang. His f213~stance switch is supposed to be +6 and his f1 is 6 frames so I should be hitting around the first frame and I always connect with armor.

All the testing I've done and everything I've seen seems to imply that the move has 16 frames of armor, and as soon as the armor's gone you can block. If anyone has video that shows otherwise I'd appreciate it if you posted

Thanks for mentioning X-ray! I think I mentioned it in the first post but the armor hit always takes damage, you don't get the damage free hit until after the move finishes so you can usually take a hit with your armor and still absorb damage later. X-rays have armor break so they go straight through the Invisibility. The move gets stuffed so you don't get a hit without damage and you take full damage from the X-ray. X-rays and moves/strings that hit twice within 16 frames are the only way to punish this as far as I found so far
f213 dd1 is +4 and you have to try it with f213 dd1 b12, it is probably the best armor breaking combo in the game, or try it with the flurry punches of flame fist the best armor breaking special

good luck it looks an amazing tech

4x4lo8o

Noob
f213 dd1 is +4 and you have to try it with f213 dd1 b12, it is probably the best armor breaking combo in the game, or try it with the flurry punches of flame fist the best armor breaking special

good luck it looks an amazing tech
Thanks! I heard it was +6, but +4 is good enough for what I was looking at. It still shows that the armor start up is probably on frame 1. I wasn't specifically trying to break the armor and stuff the move so I didn't test b12 afterwards but I do know that a meaty b12 will stuff it on wake up. At neutral I think the second hit is too slow, but after f213~dd1 it probably works.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt

Goro's s2 is +2 on block. The bot is set to reversal Invisibility and auto block. I hit it with s2 and then follow up with normals of different lengths. d1 is 6 frames so it should be hitting on about the 4th frame. f3(the last move in that video) is 16 frames so it should be hitting on the 14th frame or later. Everything I did ended up hitting armor. Nothing stuffs the move, it either hits the armor or he blocks it

I tried testing the start up with Liu Kang. His f213~stance switch is supposed to be +6 and his f1 is 6 frames so I should be hitting around the first frame and I always connect with armor.

All the testing I've done and everything I've seen seems to imply that the move has 16 frames of armor, and as soon as the armor's gone you can block. If anyone has video that shows otherwise I'd appreciate it if you posted

Thanks for mentioning X-ray! I think I mentioned it in the first post but the armor hit always takes damage, you don't get the damage free hit until after the move finishes so you can usually take a hit with your armor and still absorb damage later. X-rays have armor break so they go straight through the Invisibility. The move gets stuffed so you don't get a hit without damage and you take full damage from the X-ray. X-rays and moves/strings that hit twice within 16 frames are the only way to punish this as far as I found so far

Reptile invi Armor Beats PUNCH WALK ??

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
This is nothing new. Reptile always had this and it's an ok option. It takes a meter and a read on the opponent doing something. TYM users (non-reptile players mainly) are giving themselves way too much credit if they think this is game breaking. A player has to be on another level of skill and execution to make this broken. Nobody has consistent reads like displayed in the video

edit: has anybody found any frame traps with EX invis btw? I tested out f41xxEX invis, f412. Its a very strange result. If the opponent jabs out of the frame trap immediately they get hit, but if they delay their jab, they get out of the trap. very difficult to explain but im sure others will understand what i mean when they try it

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
Thanks for revisiting this tech. Nice post. Prepatch i don't see how it would useful compared to ex claw. Now its Not op but viable in a match if u know the other characters strings