What's new

decay's sketchbook

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
Hey, that means a lot to me. Is there any type of art you can do well? How about sculpting? I kinda want to get into sculpting myself. Thanks again
I've never tried it, but I'd probably be bad at it. I hate art because of my condition, and if I try to do it I just get frustrated at how bad it looks. It really makes my self esteem drop sometimes but oh well. Anyway, enough about me, you're welcome man.

Decay

King of the Bill
Damn Strong Brah

BTW Eric, did you already considered buying a Cintiq?

I'm saving to get one by the end of the year or much earlier
Ugh man, I'm trying to save money since I just moved. It's tough because I really want one. There's a cintiq alternative that gets really good reviews called the Yinova. Also, my roomate (MKX concept artist Marco Nelor) just bought a Cintiq Companion 2. It's brand new, it runs any program even 3d modeling software, and is a cintiq that you can bring around anywhere. Technology bruh... Thanks by the way!

Israfel

Designer for BxA
Ugh man, I'm trying to save money since I just moved. It's tough because I really want one. There's a cintiq alternative that gets really good reviews called the Yinova. Also, my roomate (MKX concept artist Marco Nelor) just bought a Cintiq Companion 2. It's brand new, it runs any program even 3d modeling software, and is a cintiq that you can bring around anywhere. Technology bruh... Thanks by the way!
I know about that Cintiq alternative. I've heard it's just...ok.

Decay

King of the Bill
I know about that Cintiq alternative. I've heard it's just...ok.
Hmm alright. I guess eventually I'll just bite the bullet. I think there's discounts through the studio here but still, expensive stuff. I'm really proficient with me wacom pro anyway, which a lot of artists prefer. I might stick with it until I get a really good deal on a cintiq

Israfel

Designer for BxA
Hmm alright. I guess eventually I'll just bite the bullet. I think there's discounts through the studio here but still, expensive stuff. I'm really proficient with me wacom pro anyway, which a lot of artists prefer. I might stick with it until I get a really good deal on a cintiq
Wacom tablets are awesome. I used to play around with them when I worked at Best Buy. I was a manager in the computer department at one point and I made an "executive decision" to create a Wacom tablet display so we could sell more, but I really just wanted to set it up so I could play with it.

Decay

King of the Bill
Commissioned artwork for @SonicFox5000 . Despite it looking like Adobe Illustrator, it's actually all pen lines drawn super clean. I wanted to make sure I develop the individual shapes of the components before I go ahead and start rendering in photoshop / painter. Also, I wanted something physical to mail out to my man Sonic and not just all digital.

E

Eldriken

Commissioned artwork for @SonicFox5000 . Despite it looking like Adobe Illustrator, it's actually all pen lines drawn super clean. I wanted to make sure I develop the individual shapes of the components before I go ahead and start rendering in photoshop / painter. Also, I wanted something physical to mail out to my man Sonic and not just all digital.
Fucking BADASS, man. One of the coolest things I've seen.

It's like a robotic Fox McCloud from the future, only more awesome. =O

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
Awesome, sonic with an ARC reactor. Good stuff Decay! Looks sweet

Decay

King of the Bill
Fucking BADASS, man. One of the coolest things I've seen.

It's like a robotic Fox McCloud from the future, only more awesome. =O
Thanks man!
Awesome, sonic with an ARC reactor. Good stuff Decay! Looks sweet
haha Yeah he specifically requested some things be in there. The model number, the nexus core, some steam vents and stuff like that. Thank you
Awesome illustration! How long did it take you to get this far?
Yo thanks man. If you count all the hours I put into sketching in pencil and sending him rough drafts, probably like 12 hours. It took me a few hours to figure out the pose in pencil, and then another couple hours to sketch in all the components. Then a few hours to ink this very carefully.
Also, it'll probably take another 10 hours to do the painted version

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Sonic actually has like deep lore on his character lol. So he would be the best to explain it. I do know that he wanted the face to open up completely where the mouth is, and be able to create a massive blast out of it
i already said it on facebook but i think it look great. Keep it up dude cannot wait to see more.

Decay

King of the Bill
I'm assuming those are some sort of post modern caltrop he's tossing...... Tight
Well, the original drawings of Fox's fursona character had green glowing orbs around him. Since this one is cybernetic, I wanted to do a futuristic relic looking take on those orbs. Typically orbs are round but I wanted to try a shape that isn't common

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Amazing as usual. The "13-0" in the model number is pretty hilarious.

Not sure what you're allowed to say, but how is the gig going? Your work is excellent, and you definitely earned the opportunity. Hope it's been a wild time.

Decay

King of the Bill
Amazing as usual. The "13-0" in the model number is pretty hilarious.

Not sure what you're allowed to say, but how is the gig going? Your work is excellent, and you definitely earned the opportunity. Hope it's been a wild time.
Thanks for asking, it's been very good. Definitely flexing my art muscles here! Thanks man

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Fuck me, bro. Your talent is like Sonic Fox's level in MKX. I saw the whole thread, and noticed two familiar faces (the sculptures of Prometheus and Zeus), while others were out of some horror games.

BTW, your body type looks like Sub Zero's. You sure got huge in a good way. lol

I have but a request.

Can you draw Fujin for us fans of him, and Noob Saibot for his fans? We love those characters, but never got released there in MKX. I may be a Sub Zero fan, but I like Fujin being the God of Wind.

Oh, and a troll drawing for Ed Boon and Paulo Garcia being fatalitied. xD

BTW, if you're working there, can you draw an alternative for Alien? I want to differentiate myself from the opponent Alien, because I don't want to confuse my opponent Alien for my own. This is how I do this for my Sub Zero being Kuai Liang costumed against other Sub Zeros.

I used to draw, but only in the sketching level. I'm not that good like you. Bro, you sure are a monster in artwork.

Kudos and Hats Off!