What's new

Match-up Discussion Deathstroke vs Flash (Hot topic that must be discussed)

Alright so I have been hearing a lot about deathstroke vs flash, especially recently, and I'd like it to be discussed in the battlefield known as TYM #YEEEAAAPPP. I've heard/seen 7 3 flash, 6 4 flash, and 5 5 for the matchup: so without further delay, let me tag some DS and Flash players and this is open for all to comment on so begin!!!!!!!!
@HoneyBee
@Zyphox
@KingHippo
@Slips
@WITNESS
@RedRaptor10
and etc. tag more later for me pls #YEEAAPPP

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Alright so I have been hearing a lot about deathstroke vs flash, especially recently, and I'd like it to be discussed in the battlefield known as TYM #YEEEAAAPPP. I've heard/seen 7 3 flash, 6 4 flash, and 5 5 for the matchup: so without further delay, let me tag some DS and Flash players and this is open for all to comment on so begin!!!!!!!!
@HoneyBee
@Zyphox
@KingHippo
@Slips
@WITNESS
@RedRaptor10
and etc. tag more later for me pls #YEEAAPPP
we still on this week my dood?

we still on this week my dood?
psg this weekend? it is a maybe. I'll see if DJT is down to go as well. College has been a pain on free time and I am forgetting about other things while focusing on college lol. Also I dnt think I have your number (I lost my contacts some weeks back) so just PM me it.

I think flash wins 6-4. If any DS players want some games just hit me up on xbl, psn, or get yo ass to TFC and you'll probably see why.
school is my downfall :( lol but I have it as 6 4 flash as well. DJT has it as 5 5 for his own reasons but I'm sticking with 6 4 (which I have no issue explaining as well).

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I think flash wins 6-4. If any DS players want some games just hit me up on xbl, psn, or get yo ass to TFC and you'll probably see why.
i'll put up any amount of money on honeybee to beat any DS player at TFC in a FT10. that goes for myself as well. any takers?

as for the MU i think if you look at the way the characters are both played currently and what they can do its easy to see why flash would have an advantage. counter zoning plus beats DS up close and IMO out footsies DS, its clear flash has the upper hand in the MU. yeah DS has some knockdown set ups against flash and Jump back 3 is a pain but played correctly doesn't really effect what flash wants to do in the MU or change his style in anyway, Vs DS now having to be careful zoning and has to deal with flash up close and in the footsies game.

haketh

Noob
5-5. Flash winning is a bill

Yeah he can punish LGs but DS has good normals for stopping his approach, can blow up his wakeups, & ding ding Guns are still good in the MU.

5-5. Flash winning is a bill

Yeah he can punish LGs but DS has good normals for stopping his approach, can blow up his wakeups, & ding ding Guns are still good in the MU.
that isnt my only reason for having it flash favor, but I respect the opinion. LET US GET THIS DISCUSSION GOING!!! #YEEEAAAPPP

Rodrigue

Spongerod
I literally just had a ft10 vs @ryumanjisen right now. I can say without a doubt that ryumanjisen has one of the best deathstrokes out there. However, my Flash is still in the works. It went pretty even. 10-10 was the final score. So I guess it's safe to say that it's a 5-5? I wish I recorded the set :(

haketh

Noob
that isnt my only reason for having it flash favor, but I respect the opinion. LET US GET THIS DISCUSSION GOING!!! #YEEEAAAPPP
What are the reasons? DS does very well in the footsies and whiff punishment game but so does DS. Flash has really good oki but so does DS. THe only thing Flash really has over DS is damage.

Error404

Noob
I have played both character enough to say that its slight advantage in flashs favour 5.5-4.5 . I think they're even in the neutral game for the most part but flash just does waaaay more damage and creates the small difference.

TKB

Noob
What are the reasons? DS does very well in the footsies and whiff punishment game but so does DS. Flash has really good oki but so does DS. THe only thing Flash really has over DS is damage.
Okay, flash honestly gets out of all of deathstrokes oki very convincingly. His wakeups advance him forward enough and are fast enough that deathstrokes oki is pretty much worthless on him. (For the most part)

The reason that IMO flash beats Deathstroke 6-4 is that he does everything that DS does, only better. The only thing Deathstroke has over him is zoning and that's irrelevant in this matchup due to the fact that flash can punish all of deathstrokes zoning options from almost full screen with lightning charge.

On top of all that, Deathstroke lands a combo and gets 34% mid screen with no BGB. Flash touches you and he gets 50%+ and carries you all the way to the corner where you die. Lol

Not to mention that flash is one of the only characters that can punish sword spin.

I have more xp in this matchup than pretty much the whole community bcuz DJT plays the flash alot actually. These are my main points:
*His great walk speed/dash for spacing and closing the gap
*His b2 is very good in footsies and it leads to lots of pain if u get a whiff punish with it to a full combo
*His d2 blows up jump ins hard
*He can punish low guns/high guns effectively
*Up close, he has ways to bait/blow up DS's wakeups
*Flash's trait has some interesting uses in this matchup (for one slowing down things and closing the gap)
*Sonic pound is very useful to mix in and DS has to be on the watch for it
Man I could go on, but u get what I mean. I aint saying it is a body, but flash is a matchup that is scary for DS not just bcuz of flashs damage.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
I literally just had a ft10 vs @ryumanjisen right now. I can say without a doubt that ryumanjisen has one of the best deathstrokes out there. However, my Flash is still in the works. It went pretty even. 10-10 was the final score. So I guess it's safe to say that it's a 5-5? I wish I recorded the set :(
So you face 'one of the best deathstrokes out there' with your flash that is 'still in the works' and the final score is even so that means it's an even MU? Lol k.

Last edited:

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
It's pretty elementary to me. I have always determined that for a match to be in the 7-3 or worse category, there needs to be a catastrophic limiting of the other characters tools. On paper and in practice, I simply do not see that to be the case in this match. Flash doesn't necessarily limit anything I can do, and the one thing he can (low guns) is not my gameplan. To me, that talking point is akin to saying Catwoman's low whip move is punishable. A tool that on occasion I can use to check walking back will not be the death of me.

I give Flash players a lot of credit: they are playing a difficult game. The current meta is so anti melee that a lot of skill will be going into fighting that stigma. However, that being the case, this is where I see Flash having to play a tough game. Walking into my range putting yourself in 50/50 situations is what Flash must do, he has no other option. Of course he's not helpless in this endeavour, but let's break down Flash.

Flash has typically one chance a round for explosive damage. After that, he's doing below average damage to win the round out that is primarily based on Oki situations. No amount of Oki that's not interactible based is ever guaranteed, so flash must guess (much like I do) to take me down and he's probably going to need a couple guesses. To do this, he's going to have to get into his b2 range and do a few things: b2, pound, jump, charge or dash. A big set of options, but more important all have a big issue in that they don't beat walking back. Flash can do charge, but the inherent risk of punishment is always there. Pound jump and dash are equally risky, so b2 is probably the safest option, but even that will lose to jumping back. Flash is taking risks in the neural game, period.

It's not all sunshine and roses for me either. I too have the same mixup of dash up, jump, and long range overhead, but I sf the long range low in too. Little harder to all contend with, but risky as well. I am also a character primarily based on neural play and okizeme, the only difference is my reward is slightly higher than non traited flash.

The way I see it, we're both taking risks to do the same gameplan. We both have some tools to make it a little better but they even each other out really. We are, for all intents and purposes, on equal ground.

The_SNKE

BLT | RM
Wish I could have ran this with either MIT or Hippo at WCW. I'd say 6-4 Flash though. With the exception of full screen, it seems like DS just has to play super cautiously.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
How does flash outfootsie deathstroke? Flash doesn't even outfootsie Raven lol.
i don't get all of these talks about footsies with characters, any character out footsie another one, it just depends on the player behind them. if i walk forward then backwards and make you whiff then you just got out footsied. flash has footsies tools (fast dash, long range b2/f2, LC, SP etc) DS and raven also have footsie tools. comparing footsie tools is like comparing Guns. at the end of the day they are both tools, but the person with the better aim will win.

How does flash outfootsie deathstroke? Flash doesn't even outfootsie Raven lol.
Who said flash outfootsies him? and can we get out of here with that bill that flash's footsies aren't that good lol. He has one of the best walk speeds in the game and one of the best dashes. If you want me to specify for DS vs flash I can name things flash can do to halt DS.
*Flash can beat j3 with his j2 and his d2 and he can beat jump back 3 with his upwards/horizontal headbut.
*DS's D2 can be beat by sonic pound and whiff punished with other normals like b2.
I could go on if you like.

Reactions: TKB

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
i don't get all of these talks about footsies with characters, any character out footsie another one, it just depends on the player behind them. if i walk forward then backwards and make you whiff then you just got out footsied. flash has footsies tools (fast dash, long range b2/f2, LC, SP etc) DS and raven also have footsie tools. comparing footsie tools is like comparing Guns. at the end of the day they are both tools, but the person with the better aim will win.
You just said flash outfootsies ds in one of your posts. That's called the player outplaying his opponent. I'm just talking about tools.