What's new

Tech Deathstroke Stuff

ryublaze

Noob
Safe Jump vs. Wonder Woman
This is Crathen's tech where you can get a safe jump and go for a 50/50 without having to worry about wake-ups. Just showing that you can do it midscreen too and off of your regular BnB by ending with 1,2 sword flip. So 1,2 sword flip ender, dash, jump forward 3 then wait a split second and input b2,2 or d1 while holding back or down.

Anti Wake-up vs. Martian Manhunter
F3 stuffs his teleport and avoids low scoop. D1 xx MB Sword Spin and B2,2 xx MB Sword Spin both blow up teleport wake-up whether he delays it or not. Only problem is Force Push but you can punish that by jumping over him or MB F3.

Anti Wake-up vs. Batgirl
1,2 sword flip ender, dash, dash, jump back. If she does cartwheel, react and punish with jump 3. Punish Smoke Bomb with B1,U2 and Flying Uppercut with 1,3,2. Notice that I walk back a little in my combo to create enough space to avoid the Flying Uppercut. F3 (walk back) standing 1 or B1,U2 (walk back) standing 1. etc.

Super Option Select
This is old tech posted by Aris a long time ago, but just showing how to set it up with DS. 1,2 sword flip ender, dash, dash, 1 xx Super. Could be useful for unclashable damage.

Sword Flip Cross-up
Hard knockdown, dash forward, Sword Flip crosses up in the corner. It will reverse your inputs and stuff certain wake-ups. DS can dash forward then walk back a little to make the Sword Flip hit from the front. To avoid this just hold down to block from both ways (because Sword Flip isn't an overhead). But DS can mix this up with his B2 overhead. If you block Sword Flip it's full combo punishable, but some characters like Killer Frost and Superman can't punish it at all. It's kind of gimmicky so I'll mainly do this to chip you out at the end of the match.

Early F3 Cross-up
This is known by DS players but others might be confused. This is actually a cross-up even though it doesn't look like it. You should be able to block it most of the time since he has to do the F3 early and you should have enough time to block the non cross-up version.

1,2 Sword Flip and Getting out of F3 in the corner
First I show you the cross-up and non-cross-up F3 in the corner. Then you'll see me get out of both to avoid the mix-up. If DS ends a combo with F2,3 xx Sword Flip in the corner, unless the F3 is timed perfectly, the opponent can dash out of the non-cross-up F3 and block the cross-up F3 at the same time. What you do is input forward, forward then hold down the 2nd forward. But if DS ends the combo with 1,2 xx Sword Flip and walks back before doing F3 the opponent can't dash out.

Deathstroke's 33/33/33
Most likely known already, but I love doing this and feel like explaining. Off of 1,2 xx Sword Flip DS can dash up twice then either do B1,U2 or B2,2 xx MB Sword Spin for a 50/50 mix-up. The opponent can't backdash or jump out at all, whereas if DS ends the combo with F2,3 xx Sword Flip they can get out by backdashing or jumping back. The only problem is wake-up attacks which can be baited and punished or MB B3'ed. Off of D1/B22 xx MB Sword Spin, you do D1 or B2,3,F2 instead for the mix-up. B2,3,F2 catches certain characters' backdashes.

@MITDJT @Rampage254 @InFlames @Vagrant @karaokelove @Mikman360 @Rampage254 @Crathen

Last edited:

ryublaze

Noob
Here is part 2 of my random DS vids. Sorry if it's known just wanted to share.

Anti Wake-up vs. Hawkgirl
Self-explanatory...she can't get up at all in the corner, delayed wake-up or not. Instead of B1U2 use D1 xx Sword Spin.

Anti Wake-up vs. Killer Frost
This is kinda obvious cuz you just jump back and punish. But look at which punisher I'm doing. I'm doing a jump back 1 b1u2 combo instead of a jump back 3. If you do jump back 3 323 it's kinda hard to connect because KF lowers her hitbox. For the longest time I've been doing jump back 3 d2 (which is still good) but if you do jump back 1 b1u2 you have the option of switching sides (b1u2 dash 1). So in the corner if you read a wake-up slide, do a jump back 1 b1u2 dash 1 to put her back into the corner.

Superman Dive Bomb Punish
323 or d2 f3 punishes it but I prefer d2 because you can switch sides with d2 f3 dash 1. 323 12 sword flip is kinda hard because of the height it hits at. d2 b3 does the most damage but it's inconsistent and sometimes the b3 whiffs.

D2 Out of Stagger Strings
Because you can hold down to block in this game, you can mash d2 during a stagger string to beat out certain options. For example, Wonder Woman's B11 string is +3 on block. D2 will beat out her B2, and if she did the full string (B113) you'll stay blocking. But if she does D12 instead of B2, you'll get punished for trying to mash out a d2. You can do the same thing with Sword Spin, d1, basically any fast move with a back or down input, and also backdashes too if you time it right. WW's probably a bad example for this (idk any WW who does B113 on block lol), but could be useful vs. characters like Flash and Catwoman.

Raw Sword Flip into Jump 3 Mix-Up
The jump 3 mix-up found by Crathen can be done off of naked sword flip too. If you ever wondered why I always jump in after hitting you with a sword flip, this is why. It's more of a 33/33/33 though cuz they can backdash the jump 3, but it's still legit IMO. Another thing about this specific to Wonder Woman, is that if you time the in front jump 3 just right, her lasso spin whiffs and you get a free punish. Check out Crathen's videos for other jump 3 setups.