What's new

Strategy Deathstroke Matchup Breakdowns, A Community Effort Week 1: Aquaman

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Hello All,

Some of us here at the Deathstroke community have decided that we are tired of all the guessing and unchecked claims going around regarding who beats who and how without any real testing or discussion. So we have decided to have an open discussion on a single match up every week from here on out. We invite all who may have any insight on a match up and any sort of tech that can be tested on both ends to prove what is viable and what is not in a certain match up. What we plan to do is to compile a list of pros and cons for each character in the match up of discussion so that we can truly see what situations are favorable and unfavorable for each character, at the end of the week we will make an effort to record the situations and post with a video summary as well.

The DS team Includes but is not limited to:

Myself
Mikman360
Vagrant
Crathen
Mistah iiCeMan

To start things off our first character of discussions will be none other than

Aquaman

Aquaman has been a topic of discussion between players such as General M2Dave and GGA Slips who are both former DS players. There has a been a tug of war when it comes to the actual match up number so in an effort to iron out the match up, we ask that no match up numbers are suggested, we are looking for favorable and unfavorable situations that can be tested and proven.

We invite the Aquaman community to partake in this project, as well as anyone who may know a good amount about the match up.

TRASH OF TYM
EMPEROR_THEO
Riyo

To be honest i don't know many aquaman players so if you have any suggestions please post them here and i will have them tagged. Does one character really out class the other? Or is this match even like some people say it is? There is only one way to find out!

Trolling or de-railing of topic will result in deletion, please keep this thread on track and lets get some information rolling.

Thank you

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Deathstroke Pros/ Aquaman cons(TBT):

- On knock down both b2 and b1 stuff out aquamans wake ups. As well as f3 as mentions by slips. -Vagrant

-Gun shots can punish trident anywhere on screen. Block trident can result in a 16% punish from full screen. -J360

-Blocked gun shots can only be punished at jump distance. -J360

-DS can duck dodge Trident Toss with Low Shots
-DS can punish Trident Toss at HALF screen on block with Quick Fire (but who does this?)
-DS can punish Trident Scoop on block with B1U2 AT CLOSE RANGES. For a more reliable punish, I recommmend B222 (for HKD) or 323 (for damage).
Note that all of this is null if he decides to activate trait. ~Mikman360

Deathstroke Cons/ Aquaman Pros (TBT):

- Gunshots can be full combo punished within jump distance -J360
- Water Shield Invincibility may force an up close fight due to dash recovery. -PTG-Slayer

Vagrant

Noob
Slips told me about this yesterday.

b2 and b1 stuff his wakeups

if you end your combos with 12 flip instead of f23 flip you have enough time to get next to him to force him to guess between b1 or b2.

The timing takes a bit of practice but I already have b2 down consistently. b1 is the harder of the two but can be mastered with practice.

So if you do the math here... Any time you knock Aquaman down he has to guess between two safe 50 50s that lead to the same situation again.

If he goes to wake up, both options if timed correctly will blow him up. He has to guess if your timing is on point.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Slips told me about this yesterday.

b2 and b1 stuff his wakeups

if you end your combos with 12 flip instead of f23 flip you have enough time to get next to him to force him to guess between b1 or b2.

The timing takes a bit of practice but I already have b2 down consistently. b1 is the harder of the two but can be mastered with practice.

So if you do the math here... Any time you knock Aquaman down he has to guess between two safe 50 50s that lead to the same situation again.

If he goes to wake up, both options if timed correctly will blow him up. He has to guess if your timing is on point.

....provided there is no counter to this that gets found down the road I have a very hard time seeing how this matchup is not "gasp" .....in Deathstrokes favor.

So this will be added in the DS Pro Situation. From some testing i do the only wake up that can avoid any hit is water shield. So this will be one of the first to test.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Ill add a few:

-Gun shots can punish trident anywhere on screen. Block trident can result in a 16% punish from full screen.

-Blocked gun shots can only be punished at jump distance.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Just let me know which DS is available and when lol

Thanks for the offer man, but we are looking for information that we will test out ourselves with posted results. If you have anything to contribute on the matchup please submit it here for us to review.

PTG Slayer

Behold! The GOD of War!
What's the recovery of Aquaman's Dash cancel out of the water shield? Can that nullify the gun shot (any version) consistently or not? And if so, DS will be forced to come in range, where Aquaman has the advantage, no?

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
What's the recovery of Aquaman's Dash cancel out of the water shield? Can that nullify the gun shot (any version) consistently or not? And if so, DS will be forced to come in range, where Aquaman has the advantage, no?

I've always wondered why aquamans don't just watershield with a life lead all day. Thanks for the suggestion, i will add it to the list of tests.

PTG Slayer

Behold! The GOD of War!
I've always wondered why aquamans don't just watershield with a life lead all day. Thanks for the suggestion, i will add it to the list of tests.
No problem. Full screen you would think this is the smart option to take. But most players are far too agressive in Injustice. Defensive tactics are often back seated. I have 0 experience with both characters, so this of course is all hypothetical theory fighting, but it seems viable. lol

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
No problem. Full screen you would think this is the smart option to take. But most players are far too agressive in Injustice. Defensive tactics are often back seated. I have 0 experience with both characters, so this of course is all hypothetical theory fighting, but it seems viable. lol
lol that's why we are having this discussion, we have to see what we can and can't do. I believe this will help both sides in understanding the match up.

PTG Slayer

Behold! The GOD of War!
lol that's why we are having this discussion, we have to see what we can and can't do. I believe this will help both sides in understanding the match up.
Also, when you reach Ares/Doomsday I can help you out tremendously with them. Extended offer for future reference. :) Can't wait to see how this works out for ya. Excellent project.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Also, when you reach Ares/Doomsday I can help you out tremendously with them. Extended offer for future reference. :) Can't wait to see how this works out for ya. Excellent project.

Thank you! We look forward to your input.