What's new

Dear NRS: some suggestions to adjust the joker.

Justfitz

Noob
I think a reworked trait would be the perfect way to touch this character up, and respark interest in his design. If they went that route, then I'm not sure I'd want many other changes along side it, so that we can see how an altered trait would effect his matchups in his current state. He could use a bit of help in certain areas, but the trait change is the idea that really has my attention. If they did do it, I'd be really excited to dig into the design change.

NRS please, give Joker something to deal with stuff on wake up. invincibility on Crowbar or a faster uppercut or something at the very least make it so you can't stuff his parry. Please give him a mid that moves him forward or something to whiff punish. Please remove some of his gaps, preferably on 21 or 32. Please make mb gunshot a mid so it doesn't whiff on half the cast. That's all I ask. He won't be good but he'll be good enough for me.

All seriousness, this character needs a little bit of help if he's going to be competitive in IPS premiers. Here's what I think he should get.

WHAT JOKER NEEDS:
- MB Gunshot changed from a HIGH to a MID.
- Vertical hitbox adjusted vertically on all MID based attacks to beat low profiling.
- An Advancing string on the first hit so he can whiff punish attacks now (can be a F1 input).
- Crazed Run changed from -9 on block to -5 on block.
- Slightly faster walkspeed

JOKER BUFF SUGGESTIONS:
- Crazed Run +16 on hit, MB option +32 on hit.
- Increase duration of all trait levels by 3 seconds.
- Alter trait so start up on specials also decrease when trait is used. For example joker runs faster if he used Crazed Run
- Damage Buff if joker uses trait
- Give Crazed Run a cancel window so he can stop running (ex : grodd stampede cancel)
- Adjust Joker's gas canisters so that they do damage over time on hit and block when meter burned
- Decrease start up on D2 to 10F
- Adjust hitbox on J2 so it works better on crouching opponents (whiffs constantly)
- MB teeth option to launch three sets of teeth where you can explode them whenever (ex: Takeda EX Kunai)

I was with you until here:
- MB teeth option to launch three sets of teeth where you can explode them whenever (ex: Takeda EX Kunai)"

That would be kooky. Brokenly good.

Th4tDrewDude

Obscure AF Joker Player
Here are a few suggestions to improve the joker. I don't want all of these things. They are just suggestions of possible buffs that could help joker out.

1. Greatly decrease the push back of MB joy buzzer. It restands but doesn't allow any follow up. Why not make it more like nutpunch. Give us a chance for a midscreen setup.
  2. Decrease the startup of d2. At 12 frames it is hard to hit on reaction. If it was 10 frames it would be a slight buff, but would make a difference.
  3. Decrease the pushback of jokers strings on hit. As is joker seems to work against himself. He wants to get in there, but instead of being rewarded for opening up the opponent he sends them back nearly fullscreen. Then has to do all of that work over again. God forbid they wakeup backdash.
  4. Change his trait. A few suggestions for changing the trait. I am Not looking for all of these things. You could make it one lvl. You could make it decrease the startup of his normals instead of increasing his movement speed. You could make it the acid flower. Please do something. Look at how good batman, black adam, aquaman, catwoman, and superman's traits are to name a few. Some of them can cancel into their traits mid combo!
  5. Make meter burn gunshot a mid. If meter burn gunshot is a mid joker can consistantly do his d1 punish combo on all of the cast. As of now it wiffs on every female character.
These are a few things that i think could help the joker without catapulting him to top tier. Once again let me say that i am not asking for all things mentioned. Just a little help somewhere. I'm sure the rest of the joker community will weigh in.

@SonicFox5000
I completely agree with the ability change. I feel like I don't even use it in over half my matches while most other characters abuse their's

Justfitz

Noob
Out of curiosity, is there any way to get from level 2 trait to level 3 guaranteed without ending in d2?

Btw do you guys find this situation odd? Need feedback:

Last edited:

Kanalratte

aka FROSTIE
you guys still playing Joker? :D no wake up, worst trait, laughable J2. D2 his best button but also slow and scales the most. i dont know how nrs design chars but comparing design choices on red hood or deadshot for example and him, i think they were on crack saying he's ok. bottom character for sure. don't know which char is worse than him :confused:

Out of curiosity, is there any way to get from level 2 trait to level 3 guaranteed without ending in d2?

Btw do you guys find this situation odd? Need feedback:
Don't really find it odd, it just happens whenever your teeth pop as you parry. However, it's good to note that if you hit the parry early enough, the teeth can actually pop up your opponent for a decent (but super hard execution) corner combo

Justfitz

Noob
Don't really find it odd, it just happens whenever your teeth pop as you parry. However, it's good to note that if you hit the parry early enough, the teeth can actually pop up your opponent for a decent (but super hard execution) corner combo
Yea.. I guess I just thought it'd be super badass to get a parry into teeth launch combo. Idk why it would be a bad thing, it'd be a really cool hard read sort of tactic imo.