What's new

Dear NRS: some suggestions to adjust the joker.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
King didn't know the matchup, and Sonic isn't even that advanced a Joker (he is an amazing player). 32 teeth is the ultimate disrespect but he did it constantly because he knew King didn't know shit about how to fight Joker. It wasn't that Sonic used a good character, it's more that he's so much better as a player.

Also, in all 3 of those matches, how often did you see Sonic use Joker's trait? I think he did it once, and it made zero difference in the matches. Even if you don't consider the lack of MU knowledge on King's part, do you honestly think it's right for a character to have a totally useless trait? Something that's so bad that it isn't even worth using? Also, ever ask yourself why he wouldn't use Joker once against most of his opponents and
You just went in lol

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
I wonder if NRS would actually do something like completely changing a trait. Him and Swamp Thing would love it.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
I wonder if NRS would actually do something like completely changing a trait. Him and Swamp Thing would love it.
The only thing I really wish is they just restore him back to his injustice 1 version. I didn't mind his trait being those parries.

Don't think we're going to get our OTG's back because the addition of the running unblockable crowbar. OTG = longer period of time spent on ground = meaty unblockable crowbar

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Don't think we're going to get our OTG's back because the addition of the running unblockable crowbar. OTG = longer period of time spent on ground = meaty unblockable crowbar
Hell they can get rid of the unblockable crowbar for all I care. It's a gimmick that's easy to get around. As far as I can tell, once you know about it, it's useless

I'd like to see standing 2 not whiff on crouching opponents at point blank range. He needs more, obviously, but having a duckable mid at point blank range that hits when a couple of steps out doesn't appear to be working as intended.

The people at NRS are probably like, "it's so godlike giving him an unblockable thats easy to beat on reaction but any armored move or parry!" :rolleyes:
I do use it sometimes with the mb armor to get in and catch people off guard sometimes. For now, I'm not going to give the developers any shit. I'm just praying that they understand the true problem in joker's character design (very flawed neutral) and fix that (along with giving us a good amount of our old tools back). Seriously, it's not like what we're asking will make Joker broken lol.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
I do use it sometimes with the mb armor to get in and catch people off guard sometimes. For now, I'm not going to give the developers any shit. I'm just praying that they understand the true problem in joker's character design (very flawed neutral) and fix that (along with giving us a good amount of our old tools back). Seriously, it's not like what we're asking will make Joker broken lol.
Amen lol though I doubt any developer will look at this thread. If they were worried or interested in doing go by the character they would have saw his flaws in the first game and applied some better touches in this one.

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime

The Joker's parry wake up isn't even fully invincible. It can be beaten out by meaties... lol... just... lol. So even if you guessed correctly and your opponent does a mid or overhead on you while you wake up, they can still beat you out. That's like adding insult to injury NRS. Please, just make his Crowbar also a wake up move.

(Joker at 4:50)

Last edited:

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player

The Joker's parry wake up isn't even fully invincible. It can be beaten out by meaties... lol... just... lol. So even if you guessed correctly and your opponent does a mid or overhead on you while you wake up, they can still beat you out. That's like adding insult to injury NRS. Please, just make his Crowbar also a wake up move.

Bro I was talking about this in discord a week or so ago. So salty lol

His setups look nice, but they're hard to pull off, at least for me, so a lot of practice goes into this character, then add the fact that his low gas can takes 2 hours to recover, high gas can takes 1 hour to come out, and imo they give him a useless trait? Fudge!

Kanalratte

aka FROSTIE
is there a character that has a worse J2 than Joker? seriously if the opponent crouches it has like zero hitbox. would help A LOT if they buff his J2

Mid please close threads like this. The game is a month old!!!

Do you guys understand that games evolve and so do matchups?

No nerf or buff threads for a year. If you are asking for buffs it's probably bc u suck