What's new

Dear NRS: some suggestions to adjust the joker.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I agree with everything but his d2 change, the range of it is absurd, making it 10 frames might be a little much.

Love the trait suggestion though, I never liked the current one to begin with.

Also insted of having MB gun hit mid, I'd like a better recovery on the rolling gas can.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
I'm at the point where I really just want his nerfs fixed. He needs something to replace flower, especially on wakeup, and j2's hitbox it awful now, and too essential to his kit for that to be the case.
I've always been a proponent of a significant improvement in startup to his db1, because that canister has always been pretty useless aside from chipping people out, and I think there is something there that he could sorely use.
Trait is infinitely frustrating for me as well. Characters like Harley, who's trait was terrible in Inj1, got amazing re-works. How the hell are they looking at 3 levels of increased walk/jump speed and thinking that's a solid design for him... blows my mind.
I agree with Gil in that I don't want them going overboard, but we took that approach last time around and it didn't get us anywhere. He definitely needs some love.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
I'm at the point where I really just want his nerfs fixed. He needs something to replace flower, especially on wakeup, and j2's hitbox it awful now, and too essential to his kit for that to be the case.
I've always been a proponent of a significant improvement in startup to his db1, because that canister has always been pretty useless aside from chipping people out, and I think there is something there that he could sorely use.
Trait is infinitely frustrating for me as well. Characters like Harley, who's trait was terrible in Inj1, got amazing re-works. How the hell are they looking at 3 levels of increased walk/jump speed and thinking that's a solid design for him... blows my mind.
I agree with Gil in that I don't want them going overboard, but we took that approach last time around and it didn't get us anywhere. He definitely needs some love.
I agree sir, restore him

J2
Otg
Plus canister mb
Flower
And everything else taken

And adjust his trait

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
This is probably a bad idea, but I wouldn't mind his trait remaining the same.. but permanent. Every level we get stays for at least the round.

He needs help for sure. Many suggestions made here sound great. I love the restand ideas.. it fits him in so many ways and with teeth and some other tricks, it would make his gameplay interesting snd decently unique. He's such an interesting character and it's a huge shame to see him languishing away, suffering from an identity crisis.

He's the only character I've played in a while (in any game) that just felt pointless to stick with in his current shape.

DeftMonk

Noob
I agree with this post 100%, however I also think he should get:

his j2 back to its original state

his crowbar otg back

his acid flower back

mb roll canister should be plus again

fill the gaps in his strings that we've been complaining about for years.

At least these things

@Jack White
@BrianTheBEAST
@Qwark28
@StevoSuprem0
@the_pantychrist
@ThaShiveGeek
@Alioune
@CasualPlayer

Anyone I forget please tag
new trait : can have 2 teeth on screen at once. Or buzzer gives a nut punch restand.
Is it fair to compare his teeth to red hood mines? Why do they explode so huge?(hit air targets etc) mb teeth would be cool

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
new trait : can have 2 teeth on screen at once. Or buzzer gives a nut punch restand.
Is it fair to compare his teeth to red hood mines? Why do they explode so huge?(hit air targets etc) mb teeth would be cool
This char won't get serious reworks but I feel some qol buffs shouldn't be out of the question

I love how crappy joker is in this game yet someone at NRS came up with red hood and thought all those tools were a good idea...

This is probably a bad idea, but I wouldn't mind his trait remaining the same.. but permanent. Every level we get stays for at least the round.

He needs help for sure. Many suggestions made here sound great. I love the restand ideas.. it fits him in so many ways and with teeth and some other tricks, it would make his gameplay interesting snd decently unique. He's such an interesting character and it's a huge shame to see him languishing away, suffering from an identity crisis.

He's the only character I've played in a while (in any game) that just felt pointless to stick with in his current shape.
I really wouldn't mind that change to trait, but I'd still if prefer they make it acid blossom or something more useful :)

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
is there any joker players on sonics level that think he still needs these buffs ? that 3-0 verse forever king was godlike
King stated he didn't know the MU and Sonics play was hella sloppy. Had king known the MU he would've won. Never underestimate the power of character MU knowledge. Sonic knew king didn't know the MU and took super advantage of it. Smart on his part

King stated he didn't know the MU and Sonics play was hella sloppy. Had king known the MU he would've won. Never underestimate the power of character MU knowledge. Sonic knew king didn't know the MU and took super advantage of it. Smart on his part
is there a non sloppy joker player that i can reference from? or only sonics sloppy play ?

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
is there a non sloppy joker player that i can reference from? or only sonics sloppy play ?
I don't know what console your on but if your on psn one87 litty, vex chan, Elmer and dark are good examples of great jokers. Also if you want to play me you can add me as well. If you are interested in learning joker the joker community always likes to help people learn him.

Just Let me know

DeftMonk

Noob
His trait is so wack I barely even turn it on. Especially in certain matchups where a neutral jump will counter a wakeup but because I turned it on my jump is so fast I fell into the active frames.

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
is there any joker players on sonics level that think he still needs these buffs ? that 3-0 verse forever king was godlike
King didn't know the matchup, and Sonic isn't even that advanced a Joker (he is an amazing player). 32 teeth is the ultimate disrespect but he did it constantly because he knew King didn't know shit about how to fight Joker. It wasn't that Sonic used a good character, it's more that he's so much better as a player.

Also, in all 3 of those matches, how often did you see Sonic use Joker's trait? I think he did it once, and it made zero difference in the matches. Even if you don't consider the lack of MU knowledge on King's part, do you honestly think it's right for a character to have a totally useless trait? Something that's so bad that it isn't even worth using? Also, ever ask yourself why he wouldn't use Joker once against most of his opponents?

Last edited:

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
King didn't know the matchup, and Sonic isn't even that advanced a Joker (he is an amazing player). 32 teeth is the ultimate disrespect but he did it constantly because he knew King didn't know shit about how to fight Joker. It wasn't that Sonic used a good character, it's more that he's so much better as a player.

Also, in all 3 of those matches, how often did you see Sonic use Joker's trait? I think he did it once, and it made zero difference in the matches. Even if you don't consider the lack of MU knowledge on King's part, do you honestly think it's right for a character to have a totally useless trait? Something that's so bad that it isn't even worth using? Also, ever ask yourself why he wouldn't use Joker once against most of his opponents and
Damn, go off Jack