What's new

Dear, Noobs To TYM

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
WELCOME to the forums! There's so many of you that came through the door of TYM for the love of MK11 being right around the corner and we appreciate you here.

HOWEVER there are some things that need to be said....

1) Please THINK before you post, especially threads. We don't need multiple threads talking about the same subject that's titled 4 different ways. Just make one and keep updating your thoughts to the original. Making multiple threads on the same subject is spam. Please don't do it.

2) No misleading titles. Title EXACTLY the subject you're talking about and there is no need to repeat the title in your post. We can already see it. I have made this mistake before and got grilled like a cheese sandwich for it. So just thought I'd pass over the word of advice so you won't have to go through it.

3) Avoid Double/triple post. It's not really too much of a big deal because most of us don't do it often, but to avoid double/triple posting, please just either wait for somebody else to post/respond, or edit your first post. It just makes the traffic of posts go much smoother and doesn't make you look like a spammy jackass ;)

4) MAKE TIER LIST WITH CAUTION! - Through personal experience being here this discussion goes left real quick UNLESS it is thought out, constructed with facts, and with a level headed mindset rather than bias. And PLEASE don't make any damn tier list for a game that hasn't even been out yet. That goes back to point #1

5) Be respectful to each other. This is the first place I've been to that actually made me feel welcomed and respected. And I love this community for that. I get that there will be trolling here n there, and some playful shade thrown, but it stops at there. No hateful bashing toward anybody, especially the mods who do their damnest to keep this place in order for us to post.

6) Have fucking fun! If you have any questions or just need to talk, Uncle JBeezY is here for you. TYM has great people here so don't hesitate to reach out.

Enjoy TYM and stay Righteous ;)

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Agreed, this is a great forum. It really helped me back on MKX and IJ2 as well. If I get really invested in MK11 (which, let's be honest, we all will) I'm definitely going to contribute money to this site.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Liking it so far, everybody seems chill. Haven’t felt the need to make any threads but I have double posted some stuff on accident by hitting reply instead of edit lol. I’m looking forward to getting into the weeds with meta stuff and character strategies.

Anybody know how cold it’s going to be Chicago tomorrow? Before I get my hype up lol.

Gerchap

Noob
4) MAKE TIER LIST WITH CAUTION! - Through personal experience being here this discussion goes left real quick UNLESS it is thought out, constructed with facts ;)
A straight up call out, talking about me as being a Noob on this site? And talking because I made a thread with that tittle.

Let me explain a few points for you to have an idea of who you called a NOOB:

1) Ask any of the Veterans, Elite MK players, “Reo, Brady, Pig of the Hut etc etc etc. Who Gerchap the Noob you called really is.

2) Ask Reo why he mentioned “Gerchap” in his video, talking about the history of MK online community

3) Ask James MK why did he invite me to his “The On Blast Show” as guest

4) Ask who kept the community together when we decided to leave MKO back in 2008

5) Ask who reunited the community when JTF suddenly closed the site the community called home

Do you know that NRS gave me free digital copies for MK9 which we gave to members as rewards. Do you know I got invited to the Launch of one of the MK games?

Or just simply ask @STORMS about Gerchap after you really know what I’ve done then you can call me Noob.

You joined this site in 2017 Fucking Noob. Don’t make me take a staff position here and ban your Noob ass out of here, TYM has Rules set so don’t come opening stupid threads like these

I expect an apology after you do your research and get to know the person you called Noob. Lol

Last edited:

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Important advice: try to make effort and avoid to turn TYM in a toxic place filled with trollism, infamous flame wars for no reason and childish threads kinda " came to click bait cause I'm whore attention" type that agregrate none value to MK 11 life cycle/life span competition time .... sort of what scrubs kids do it in Youtube and Steam forum comments sections, lol ! :p :D

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
A straight up call out, talking about me as being a Noob on this site? And talking because I made a thread with that tittle.

1) Ask any of the Veterans, Elite MK players, “Reo, Brady, Pig of the Hut etc etc etc. Who Gerchap the Noob you called really is.

2) Ask Reo why he mentioned “Gerchap” in his video, talking about the history of MK online community

4) Ask who kept the community together when we decided to leave MKO back in 2008

5) Ask who reunited the community when JTF suddenly closed the site the community called home

Or just simply ask @STORMS about Gerchap after you really know what I’ve done then you can call me Noob.

You joined this site in 2017 Fucking Noob
Awww bless your heart. You thought I was calling you out ?Question mark? I actually use the tag feature for those specific things. I'm no punk, sir. But sure, lets go there :)

I made this thread for the sole purpose of new ppl knowing the ins and outs and as well introduce themselves. This was not an attack specifically on anybody, but I see you took it as that. I apologize for that. Let me formally introduce myself

HELLOOOOOO! The name Is JBeezYBabY aka Uncle JBeezY. How YOU doin? Lets start fresh :)

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Agreed, this is a great forum. It really helped me back on MKX and IJ2 as well. If I get really invested in MK11 (which, let's be honest, we all will) I'm definitely going to contribute money to this site.
Bless your heart hunny! One of the best moments is actually getting some games in from people here. I've had a blast having matches with cool people here. Maybe we should spar sometime when the game comes out :)

Important advice: try to make effort and avoid to turn TYM in a toxic place filled with trollism, infamous flame wars for no reason and childish threads kinda " came to click bait cause I'm whore attention" type that agregrate none value to MK 11 life cycle/life span competition time .... sort of what scrubs kids do it in Youtube and Steam forum comments sections, lol ! :p :D
THIS! OMG!

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Bless your heart hunny! One of the best moments is actually getting some games in from people here. I've had a blast having matches with cool people here. Maybe we should spar sometime when the game comes out :)
Definitely! Let's do it :D

Ger187

Noob
Im searchin players from europe or especially switzerland.. since i believe it will be region locked same as MKX.. Are there some people on TYM?

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?

Do you know that NRS gave me free digital copies for MK9 which we gave to members as rewards. Do you know I got invited to the Launch of one of the MK games?

You joined this site in 2017 Fucking Noob. Don’t make me take a staff position here and ban your Noob ass out of here, TYM has Rules set so don’t come opening stupid threads like these

I expect an apology after you do your research and get to know the person you called Noob. Lol
That’s gonna be a yikes from me, dawg.

You might be full of shit or you might not, but either way at the end of the day you’re still trying to brag about your exploits on an Internet forum and that’s always gonna be pretty sad.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Im searchin players from europe or especially switzerland.. since i believe it will be region locked same as MKX.. Are there some people on TYM?
I really don't think you have to worry about that. MKX was not region locked on XB1 and was only locked on PS4 because at launch, the netcode was still pretty shitty. Since I2 launched with the GGPO netcode that came about towards the end of MKX's lifespan, it was not region locked at all. I'd be totally shocked if MK11 was region locked.

Ger187

Noob
I really don't think you have to worry about that. MKX was not region locked on XB1 and was only locked on PS4 because at launch, the netcode was still pretty shitty. Since I2 launched with the GGPO netcode that came about towards the end of MKX's lifespan, it was not region locked at all. I'd be totally shocked if MK11 was region locked.
Oh cool i hope youre right. Im looking really for friends to play with because nobody of my friends likes fighting games

Floodgates haven't really opened yet for the usual new member influx.

Partly because we won't see the real flood until games release, and partly because the first time TYM comes up in google search results for "Mortal Kombat Forums" is an outdated broken Tapatalk link.

R00KI30FTH3Y3AR

(S)teel (V)alley (K)ombat
I been on the lurking tip for a good minute now, but it does me some good to see a good hearted post like this come up every now and again. Shout outs to the Beezy Baby for droppin' these jewels of wisdom. XD

Insecure: the post

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Oh cool i hope youre right. Im looking really for friends to play with because nobody of my friends likes fighting games
You will find people here to spar with for sure :)

I been on the lurking tip for a good minute now, but it does me some good to see a good hearted post like this come up every now and again. Shout outs to the Beezy Baby for droppin' these jewels of wisdom. XD
I had to learn these things the hard way cuz lets be honest, who really reads ALL the forum rules? Not a lot of people thats for sure. Just thought id make a cheat sheet :) I appreciate it you appreciating me.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Right on. Just know that the netcode is very good. I'm from the east coast U.S. and play with friends from the UK, Sweden, Greece, etc and it's completely fine. The connection to them actually feels better than a lot of people from my own country lol. Always somewhere between 100-150ms ping.

BookBurning

Voidwards

You know, usually I'm all for unbridled narcissism because that's definitely my zone.

But god, get over yourself. Noob.

Status
Not open for further replies.