What's new

General/Other Dear Black Adam Community

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I apologize for my nerf demanding thread.

That being said, I would rather turn this into a moment of opportunity for people, including myself, to learn about Black Adam. I may pick him up as a secondary.

What is his general game plan? What's his meta game? All of his strings are safe, including them linked into specials except for black magic. So obviously a Black Adam player would never link into black magic up close. It seems to me he is a keep away character that can come in for a bit of damage, then GTFO and set up his game again. His trait will hurt them even while blocking, giving you around 15-20% chip damage, or a 45-50% ish combo on hit. The only way to punish him is to make a read with meter burn b3/f3, or neutral jumping shenanigans.

Is this thread ok? Can we talk about him? Am I still offending people?

I'm glad you ask those questions. The best advice I can give you and others like you is:

Hit practice mode you lazy new school fucks. :)

Or like you said pick him up yourself. Try to dominate people with him online, you'll quickly see some patterns and issues that he has. Then you'll better know how to exploit those weaknesses and how to counter his game. If you're serious about picking him up just look around this place and read the threads. There's already plenty of information out there.

The Gabriel

Mean Man
I'm glad you ask those questions. The best advice I can give you and others like you is:

Hit practice mode you lazy new school fucks.

Or like you said pick him up yourself. Try to dominate people with him online, you'll quickly see some patterns and issues that he has. Then you'll better know how to exploit those weaknesses and how to counter his game. If you're serious about picking him up just look around this place an read the threads. There's already plenty of information out there. Why are you so lazy.
Can't tell if this is a subtle dig at black adam mains, or just the dumbest post on TYM.

I apologize for my nerf demanding thread.

That being said, I would rather turn this into a moment of opportunity for people, including myself, to learn about Black Adam. I may pick him up as a secondary.

What is his general game plan? What's his meta game? All of his strings are safe, including them linked into specials except for black magic. So obviously a Black Adam player would never link into black magic up close. It seems to me he is a keep away character that can come in for a bit of damage, then GTFO and set up his game again. His trait will hurt them even while blocking, giving you around 15-20% chip damage, or a 45-50% ish combo on hit. The only way to punish him is to make a read with meter burn b3/f3, or neutral jumping shenanigans.

Is this thread ok? Can we talk about him? Am I still offending people?
Orbs do 1.5% chip on block(so 4.5% for all three). So I don't know where the 15-20 comes from. heck on hit they only do 12%(if the opponent is attacking and adam is blocking)

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
From playing him i dominate online, but also it will be hard for me to lose to BA player since i know hes weakness

Can't tell if this is a subtle dig at black adam mains, or just the dumbest post on TYM.
I was dead serious. I mean what am I supposed to reply. Hit the lab and pick Black Adam up --> That's literally the best advice you'll get. Were you expecting a complete breakdown of the character and a cherry on top?

If I have problems with a character I don't create a thread about it, I figure shit out in practice mode. There's a record function. I'm just amazed at the lazyness of some players.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Im glad you are no longer crying for some ridiculous nerf to the developers. I didnt get a chance to reply to your original thread cause i was not by a computer during its life. I would have wrote a book to you. Just about EVERY character has ways to stay completely safe with the toolset they are given, not just Black Adam. Theres no reason to cry for nerfs cause in my opinion he a really balanced character. His keep away is good and his counter zoning is amazing. But when people get in the air a lot he struggles and if he gets put in a corner he struggles heavily. But thats just my assessment so far. Like everyone has said we are week 2 of the game right now.

Now everyone stop trying to take away my awesome character that i love. I deserve an amazing character after playing Rain for a year and a half.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Am I still offending people?
I don't think people take offense to asking for a nerf or whatever, it's certainly not personal but it just looks like you haven't put in the proper time to try to beat it that's all. Your for sure taking the right approach now and trying to learn from the black adam players, that's commendable.

I know for me personally, and this isn't everybody, but if I truly have a problem w/a char and don't understand them, I live and breathe that char until I know the char. I want to think like that kind player (I struggle against Flash so now I play him to understand him) and have a better understanding of their decision making on the fly. IMO, best way to learn but everybody is different

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
You made a Black Adam nerf thread?

I don't what im feeling, my hands are twitching and i have this sudden urge FOR MURDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHJDVBJSHVJFHHVBSJHBVCHJWBEJHBCJWH

No more nerf threads k?

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Haha. To those yelling at me to hit training mode, I have been as much as I can and made this post while I was at work to just have some general info to go off of when I get home.

I already apologized for the nerf thread. I certainly shouldn't have titled it the way that I did. But for real, calm down. If you want to yell at me feel free to send me a PM. Just getting some discussion going.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
how about we all chill the fuck down and tell him to check the general discussion thread

im sure youll find lots of useful info, its my fvorite part of picking up a new char

Robotic

Gentleman.
Haha. To those yelling at me to hit training mode, I have been as much as I can and made this post while I was at work to just have some general info to go off of when I get home.

I already apologized for the nerf thread. I certainly shouldn't have titled it the way that I did. But for real, calm down. If you want to yell at me feel free to send me a PM. Just getting some discussion going.
Damn, Chaos. Theyre talkin about you like you haven't been around here for a long time...

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Theres a matchup thread, if youre having problems vs black adam why not bring up your character in the thread and we can go over it for the good of everyone?

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Damn, Chaos. Theyre talkin about you like you haven't been around here for a long time...
No shit. I make one thread tearing about a character and specifically mention that I feel like there's something I don't understand and that I'm interested in a big discussion about this character... And people are yelling at me to hit training mode as if that's something I haven't thought of yet.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
No shit. I make one thread tearing about a character and specifically mention that I feel like there's something I don't understand and that I'm interested in a big discussion about this character... And people are yelling at me to hit training mode as if that's something I haven't thought of yet.
I was happy to see a nerf thread tbh. At least someone isn't downplaying him.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I would say that black adams biggest weakness is when you know how to dash and jump at the right time. He struggles vs rushdown and frametraps, gets cornered easily, and anyone with a good way in can get through his kinda slow zoning without much trouble

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Well I don't know who you are but you must be pretty important. I mean fuck the general Black Adam discussion thread that's been up for ever. I needs my own, I'm gonna open up a semi condescending thread immediately following a Nerf thread on same character. Now I want a huge discussion and cake and shit.....

No offense meant but as a black adam player this is the impression I get from you.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
I read the word nerf and almost wrote an essay. Glad I went and re-read that first post before I got past my 5th paragraph.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Chaosphere you're acting like a condescending douchebag who's BARELY trying to come off as a totally reasonable person. Your apology is even condescending. People are giving you the responses you're getting because of this.

I'm pretty well known here, too. If I were making the threads you were I would have so much shit piled on me it'd take the jaws of life just to find my body.

So, follow what other people are suggesting. Read the forum, play the character, and come here with specific questions and scenarios and explain why they're issues for you.

I'm not going to have an argument in this post. I'd be happy to break down your post and explain to you why my interpretation is what it is... in a PM.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
So what I'm hearing so far is that he's only really vulnerable to 50/50's... since nothing he has is punishable. Am I correct? When I'm playing against BA... my whole mindset is "jesus christ I have to get in ASAP" moreso than other characters I fight against. But when I see his trait up, that stops me from wanting to get in. It makes me afraid to go in. Maybe I should lose that fear and just take the damage?

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Chaosphere you're acting like a condescending douchebag who's BARELY trying to come off as a totally reasonable person. Your apology is even condescending. People are giving you the responses you're getting because of this.

I'm pretty well known here, too. If I were making the threads you were I would have so much shit piled on me it'd take the jaws of life just to find my body.

So, follow what other people are suggesting. Read the forum, play the character, and come here with specific questions and scenarios and explain why they're issues for you.

I'm not going to have an argument in this post. I'd be happy to break down your post and explain to you why my interpretation is what it is... in a PM.

I'm not really interested in arguing with you over why I'm a douchebag. But make your case if you want. I have no issues with you and you're really the only one emotionally invested in this.

THE PERSON THAT MADE THIS THREAD NEEDS A NEW HOBBY . NERF DEMANDING?? BLACK ADAM?? GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE ... FUCKING NOOBS THESE DAYS I SWEAR .

SILENCE !!!!! THE EMPEROR IS SPEAKING !!!

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM

You could've made this entire statement in the same PM instead of putting him on blast. Better yet the PM probably could've almost been done already, but being a dick about it makes you look better right? :rolleyes: