What's new

Dealing with throws

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
This is my first Injustice game and throws are killing me. They seem to beat every normal and I can't low profile them either.

Is a tech the only option I get? What if I read them? Is there something I can do to actually punish them?

Thanks!

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Pretty much what Salads said. F3 or B3's are usually throw immune but not on every frame. You could MB B3 or F3 and guarentee you beat it though; when in doubt hold the MB button and mash it out (it being B3) lmao.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
jump or tech is your best option. or try and figure out which of your moves are throw immune.
Thanks, my best option seems to be looking for those throw immune normals.

Pretty much what Salads said. F3 or B3's are usually throw immune but not on every frame. You could MB B3 or F3 and guarentee you beat it though; when in doubt hold the MB button and mash it out (it being B3) lmao.
Isn't the recovery for throws quick enough to whiff and recover before the f3/b3 hits? Those are pretty slow.

I don't miss it. I still use the MK block button all the time.

Sure, using it just ends up with me standing there getting punched in the face while I try to figure out what I'm doing wrong, but that still counts as using it. :)

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Isn't the recovery for throws quick enough to whiff and recover before the f3/b3 hits? Those are pretty slow.
Uh I'm not sure. It would depend on the F3 I guess, I just know it works for me however the opponents I face could be not blocking after a throw. F3's are in the late 20's/low 30's for startup and throws are 10f startup with quite a good bit of recovery in this game so maybe.

...B3's are good against command grabs at least lol.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
This is my first Injustice game and throws are killing me. They seem to beat every normal and I can't low profile them either.

Is a tech the only option I get? What if I read them? Is there something I can do to actually punish them?

Thanks!
From experience I can say that unlike MKX, you can't low poke through throws. If someone does D1 into grab, you're going to have to read that grab and tech/jump accordingly. Teching takes some getting used to, but it's better than how teching worked in MKX where a throw was a mixup in itself.

alkipot

Purse first, ass last.
Be glad this isn't Street Fighter, where you can't duck throws at all and some are loopable. The tech window for throws in this game are extremely generous.